White racist lies about South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typically dont respond to Unk. Thanks for posting. My question is who is the author?
Read it.
I did. It doesnt say who the author is.
Does it fucking matter?????? Blacks sold blacks to white buyers. Why cannot you acknowledge that? Truth hurts too much about your own peoples part in the slave trade?
Yes it matters. White people have lied so much I cant believe a lot of what they write unless it confirms what I thought or admits to more than I knew.
Then you have a major problem which is why you continue to fight about something that happened WAYYYY before you were born. It happened. Blacks warred with other tribes. The losers got sold to buyers. Many of those buyers were other blacks..like the Moors. Its history. ALL our history. And until you can come to terms with your own peoples part in it..you will stay angry and ignorant.
I'm not fighting. I already know the truth. I am asking why whites continue to lie.

Alexander Falconbridge was a ships doctor who served on a number of vessels involved in the slave trade. It is a fairly well-known first hand account and primary source for those who actually study history instead of playing with it for political purposes.

Nicolas Augustin Metoyer of Louisiana owned 13 slaves in 1830. He and his 12 family members collectively owned 215 slaves.

Editor's note: For those who are wondering about the retro title of this black history series, please take a moment to learn about historian Joel A. Rogers, author of the 1934 book 100 Amazing Facts About the Negro With Complete Proof, to whom these "amazing facts" are an homage.

(The Root) — 100 Amazing Facts About the Negro No. 21: Did black people own slaves? If so, why?

One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?

The answers to these questions are complex, and historians have been arguing for some time over whether free blacks purchased family members as slaves in order to protect them — motivated, on the one hand, by benevolence and philanthropy, as historian Carter G. Woodson put it, or whether, on the other hand, they purchased other black people "as an act of exploitation," primarily to exploit their free labor for profit, just as white slave owners did. The evidence shows that, unfortunately, both things are true. The great African-American historian, John Hope Franklin, states this clearly: "The majority of Negro owners of slaves had some personal interest in their property." But, he admits, "There were instances, however, in which free Negroes had a real economic interest in the institution of slavery and held slaves in order to improve their economic status."

In a fascinating essay reviewing this controversy, R. Halliburton shows that free black people have owned slaves "in each of the thirteen original states and later in every state that countenanced slavery," at least since Anthony Johnson and his wife Mary went to court in Virginia in 1654 to obtain the services of their indentured servant, a black man, John Castor, for life.

And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well. Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves. One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Halliburton wrote.

Perhaps the most insidious or desperate attempt to defend the right of black people to own slaves was the statement made on the eve of the Civil War by a group of free people of color in New Orleans, offering their services to the Confederacy, in part because they were fearful for their own enslavement: "The free colored population [native] of Louisiana … own slaves, and they are dearly attached to their native land … and they are ready to shed their blood for her defense. They have no sympathy for abolitionism; no love for the North, but they have plenty for Louisiana … They will fight for her in 1861 as they fought [to defend New Orleans from the British] in 1814-1815."

These guys were, to put it bluntly, opportunists par excellence: As Noah Andre Trudeau and James G. Hollandsworth Jr. explain, once the war broke out, some of these same black men formed 14 companies of a militia composed of 440 men and were organized by the governor in May 1861 into "the Native Guards, Louisiana," swearing to fight to defend the Confederacy. Although given no combat role, the Guards — reaching a peak of 1,000 volunteers — became the first Civil War unit to appoint black officers.

https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

Alexander Falconbridge was a ships doctor who served on a number of vessels involved in the slave trade. It is a fairly well-known first hand account and primary source for those who actually study history instead of playing with it for political purposes.
Just as I suspected. A white guy.

Does it fucking matter?????? Blacks sold blacks to white buyers. Why cannot you acknowledge that? Truth hurts too much about your own peoples part in the slave trade?
Yes it matters. White people have lied so much I cant believe a lot of what they write unless it confirms what I thought or admits to more than I knew.
Then you have a major problem which is why you continue to fight about something that happened WAYYYY before you were born. It happened. Blacks warred with other tribes. The losers got sold to buyers. Many of those buyers were other blacks..like the Moors. Its history. ALL our history. And until you can come to terms with your own peoples part in it..you will stay angry and ignorant.
I'm not fighting. I already know the truth. I am asking why whites continue to lie.
And I am asking why you REFUSE to accept the truth? Because you are comfy in your Angry Black Man cocoon?

Henry Louis Gates Jr. is the Alphonse Fletcher University Professor and the director of the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African-American Research at Harvard University. He is also the editor-in-chief of The Root. Follow him on Twitter.

Henry wrote the post above that I cut and pasted. I guess he is a liar too, eh? But..but...he is black.
Oh. Wait. He is an uncle tom, right?

And I am asking why you REFUSE to accept the truth? Because you are comfy in your Angry Black Man cocoon?
Because your truth is based on white lies used to justify slavery.

Henry Louis Gates Jr. is the Alphonse Fletcher University Professor and the director of the W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African-American Research at Harvard University. He is also the editor-in-chief of The Root. Follow him on Twitter.

Henry wrote the post above that I cut and pasted. I guess he is a liar too, eh? But..but...he is black.
Gates is a step and fetch it that ignores what Africans themselves have told me.

Where did I claim it is justified? Come on now, Asc. NOw you are reaching because TRUTH will set you free....and you like lies.

Gates is a step and fetch it that ignores what Africans themselves have told me.
Just as I figured. Gates is an Uncle Tom because some long dead black person filled your head with hatred and left out the truth because they wanted you to be just like them...living in LIES.

I give up.

Toodles.

Where did I claim it is justified? Come on now, Asc. NOw you are reaching because TRUTH will set you free....and you like lies.
I never said you claimed it was justified. I said whites back then made up a bunch of lies to justify it.

Just as I figured. Gates is an Uncle Tom because some long dead black person filled your head with hatred and left out the truth because they wanted you to be just like them...living in LIES.

I give up.

Toodles.

Freedom Rider: The Dangerous Henry Louis Gates | Black Agenda Report

Who did you expect would be in a position to chronicle the events of the time? Who did you think would be a British Surgeon in 1788? Did you know he became a staunch opponent of slavery, and that he died while working in colony for freed slaves in Sierra Leone? Despite the alcoholism that overtook him at the end, it did not overshadow "his courageous pioneer achievements in the campaign against the slave trade".

Yeah, just a white guy. Probably had some anti-black agenda in describing the conditions he encountered among those caught up in the slave trade.

You keep bumping up against the limitations of your capacity to reason.

Alexander Falconbridge

Who did you expect would be in a position to chronicle the events of the time? Who did you think would be a British Surgeon in 1788? Did you know he became a staunch opponent of slavery, and that he died while working in colony for freed slaves in Sierra Leone? Despite the alcoholism that overtook him at the end, it did not overshadow "his courageous pioneer achievements in the campaign against the slave trade".

Yeah, just a white guy. Probably had some anti-black agenda in describing the conditions he encountered among those caught up in the slave trade.

You keep bumping up against the limitations of your capacity to reason.

Alexander Falconbridge
Who told you a white person was the only person in a position to chronicle the events? Why would you assume only a white person would have to be the one to do the recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back