White man shoots innocent black teen....

I don't know if they're a volunteer EMS or a professional. Wouldn't it be SOP to dispatch an EMS unit, when a shot was fired?
I think so, but I'm only going on what they do where I am.

For something like that, the call goes to the FD (both EMS and FD are there, both volunteer and/or pros, depending on the shift). Both a fire engine and an ambulance are dispatched to the location, but only if the fire truck is available. But, by default, an ambulance goes and there are a minimum three EMTs in that - one driving, of course. (A good pal volunteers, so that is my understanding of what she tells me...plus some personal experience with 911 responses to places I've been where there was a need for EMTs).

But, that's here. I dunno in Florida, but maybe it's the same or similar.

I don't know if they're a volunteer EMS or a professional. Wouldn't it be SOP to dispatch an EMS unit, when a shot was fired?

For something like that, the call goes to the FD (both EMS and FD are there, both volunteer and/or pros, depending on the shift). Both a fire engine and an ambulance are dispatched to the location, but only if the fire truck is available. But, by default, an ambulance goes and there are a minimum three EMTs in that - one driving, of course. (A good pal volunteers, so that is my understanding of what she tells me...plus some personal experience with 911 responses to places I've been where there was a need for EMTs).

Dick Tuck does not deserve any response on this subject since he had lied about it.

Yes, I believe it did morph into that. Zimmerman just mentioned that on some papers he filed in the courts in Florida and folks assumed that his father was a local magistrate.

Hmmm...

If he had to file papers in court, I'm betting it's because of this:

f. The department is authorized to disclose the collected data to agencies of the Federal Government and other states for use exclusively in determining the lawfulness of a firearm sale or transfer. The department is also authorized to disclose any collected data to the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for purposes of determining eligibility for issuance of a concealed weapons or concealed firearms license and for determining whether a basis exists for revoking or suspending a previously issued license pursuant to s. 790.06(10). When a potential buyer or transferee appeals a nonapproval based on these records, the clerks of court and mental institutions shall, upon request by the department, provide information to help determine whether the potential buyer or transferee is the same person as the subject of the record. Photographs and any other data that could confirm or negate identity must be made available to the department for such purposes, notwithstanding any other provision of state law to the contrary. Any such information that is made confidential or exempt from disclosure by law shall retain such confidential or exempt status when transferred to the department.

(b) Inform the licensee making the inquiry either that records demonstrate that the buyer or transferee is so prohibited and provide the licensee a nonapproval number, or provide the licensee with a unique approval number.

(c)1. Review any records available to it to determine whether the potential buyer or transferee has been indicted or has had an information filed against her or him for an offense that is a felony under either state or federal law, or, as mandated by federal law, has had an injunction for protection against domestic violence entered against the potential buyer or transferee under s. 741.30, has had an injunction for protection against repeat violence entered against the potential buyer or transferee under s. 784.046, or has been arrested for a dangerous crime as specified in s. 907.041(4)(a) or for any of the following enumerated offenses:

a. Criminal anarchy under ss. 876.01 and 876.02.
b. Extortion under s. 836.05.
c. Explosives violations under s. 552.22(1) and (2).
d. Controlled substances violations under chapter 893.
e. Resisting an officer with violence under s. 843.01.
f. Weapons and firearms violations under this chapter.
g. Treason under s. 876.32.
h. Assisting self-murder under s. 782.08.
i. Sabotage under s. 876.38.
j. Stalking or aggravated stalking under s. 784.048.

If the review indicates any such indictment, information, or arrest, the department shall provide to the licensee a conditional nonapproval number.

2. Within 24 working hours, the department shall determine the disposition of the indictment, information, or arrest and inform the licensee as to whether the potential buyer is prohibited from receiving or possessing a firearm. For purposes of this paragraph, “working hours” means the hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.

(6) Any person who is denied the right to receive or purchase a firearm as a result of the procedures established by this section may request a criminal history records review and correction in accordance with the rules promulgated by the Department of Law Enforcement.

- Chapter 790 - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate
somewhere in those statutes is an appeal process if not approved.

Last edited:

Dick Tuck does not deserve any response on this subject since he had lied about it.

Oooh, trying to get your reach around buddies not to respond to me? Why don't you lead by example, you moronic, pusillanimous pissant liar? Tell me once again that you heard a "P" and "K" sound in the word "coons".

It's referred to as Sanford Fire, so professional I'd guess. There was one ambulance, the tape indicates a second was refused.

I'm just not sure whether the first one was dispatched when the woman who called 911 said there was a clearly audible gunshot, or when the police arrived and found Martin's body in the grass.

I'm across the river, and I'm serviced by a volunteer fire department and EMS. College Park is serviced by a mostly professional EMS service, as is Cheverly, which is right by the PG Trauma Center. I don't know if it matters. The point still is whether the ambulance was dispatched by the 911 operator when the shot was fired, or after the police arrived at the scene.

Not sure if it matters much. If the bullet struck the heart of Martin, he would be toast in a minute or so.

Oooh, trying to get your reach around buddies not to respond to me? Why don't you lead by example, you moronic, pusillanimous pissant liar? Tell me once again that you heard a "P" and "K" sound in the word "coons".

You do not deserve a response from anyone due to the fact you lied about what the dispatcher said to build a case of guilt against Zimmerman.

I'm across the river, and I'm serviced by a volunteer fire department and EMS. College Park is serviced by a mostly professional EMS service, as is Cheverly, which is right by the PG Trauma Center. I don't know if it matters. The point still is whether the ambulance was dispatched by the 911 operator when the shot was fired, or after the police arrived at the scene.

Not sure if it matters much. If the bullet struck the heart of Martin, he would be toast in a minute or so.

I assumed they were when the callers described a gunshot and someone down ... but wouldn't EMS have to wait for the police to clear them to enter the area? In other words ... maybe they were there but couldn't go assist Martin until Zimmerman was secured and it was known there were no other shooters or hazards?

You do not deserve a response from anyone due to the fact you lied about what the dispatcher said to build a case of guilt against Zimmerman.

So why are you responding, you lying sack of crap? Are you under some illusion that you're king of the dung hill, and can tell others who and who they cannot respond to? You've got some issues.

Last edited:

I assumed they were when the callers described a gunshot and someone down ... but wouldn't EMS have to wait for the police to clear them to enter the area? In other words ... maybe they were there but couldn't go assist Martin until Zimmerman was secured and it was known there were no other shooters or hazards?

I'd also be interested to know if Zimmerman had any first aid training. Witnesses have claimed that he jumped right up after the gunshot, and started walking away from Martin.

I've been following this story since a day or so after it happened. The first thing is that it was labeled a 'gated community' one would assume upscale with that. So I googled the development and found it was mainly townhomes around $100k or less, mostly less.

The crime rate indicated a need for 'neighborhood watch' or more likely increased police protection. Ever notice that 'secure neighborhoods' don't have neighborhood watches?

Anyhow, with the above observations I had to acknowledge early on that folks in legit neighborhood watches do not carry guns and certainly don't go beyond calling 911. They don't leave their vehicles and they don't engage with suspects. That pretty much fits into the comments from the dispatcher. That was evident from the start and a negative towards Zimmerman.

Since then more has come out on what transpired from perhaps bad judgment on Zimmerman's part, but might have much to do with claims of self-defense. Then again, later it might mean that Zimmerman overstated the harm or not?

I have to acknowledge that my initial response was to go against Zimmerman. Now? While there seems to be much to nail him with, I'm no longer sold that there wasn't a justifiable claim of self-defense here. Only a fair trial would prove it one way or another.

According to Google maps, 14 minutes from 1111 Retreat Circle, Sanford, FL.

Wow.

Now, there were most likely 2 paramedics/EMTs on that call (the audio released the other day shows only one ambulance on scene, they declined a second) ... but seriously, I'd expect both of them to be working on Martin. The report reads as if they called it almost as soon as they arrived; he was pronounced at 1930. They would have then turned their attention to Zimmerman. So ... what does that leave? About 10 minutes or so to attend to him, get a quick history and assess / clean / treat / determine he does not need to go to the ER? I've never worked EMS, but that seems awfully fast, considering the potential injuries involved.

I'd love to see the EMS report ...
Yeah. That's a short period of time. It's reasonable to assume the cops had lights and sirens going, but still speeding over such a short distance wouldn't make the trip more than two or three minutes shorter.

Cops generally only run their lights and sirens when they're going TO a place where something happened. Once they've got someone in the back? They're a lot less concerned about getting to the station fast.

I've been following this story since a day or so after it happened. The first thing is that it was labeled a 'gated community' one would assume upscale with that. So I googled the development and found it was mainly townhomes around $100k or less, mostly less.

The crime rate indicated a need for 'neighborhood watch' or more likely increased police protection. Ever notice that 'secure neighborhoods' don't have neighborhood watches?

Anyhow, with the above observations I had to acknowledge early on that folks in legit neighborhood watches do not carry guns and certainly don't go beyond calling 911. They don't leave their vehicles and they don't engage with suspects. That pretty much fits into the comments from the dispatcher. That was evident from the start and a negative towards Zimmerman.

Since then more has come out on what transpired from perhaps bad judgment on Zimmerman's part, but might have much to do with claims of self-defense. Then again, later it might mean that Zimmerman overstated the harm or not?

I have to acknowledge that my initial response was to go against Zimmerman. Now? While there seems to be much to nail him with, I'm no longer sold that there wasn't a justifiable claim of self-defense here. Only a fair trial would prove it one way or another.

You know........ever since I saw the gate into the community that stated surveillance cameras were in place and running 24 hours/day, where are the surveillance tapes?

So why are you responding, you lying sack of crap? Are you under some illusion that you're king of the dung hill, and can tell others who and who they cannot respond to? You've got some issues.

I'm just advising people that you have lied to build a case of guilt against Zimmerman.

You know........ever since I saw the gate into the community that stated surveillance cameras were in place and running 24 hours/day, where are the surveillance tapes?

Interesting maybe there weren't any cameras in that area. maybe there was nothing useful.

Wow.

Now, there were most likely 2 paramedics/EMTs on that call (the audio released the other day shows only one ambulance on scene, they declined a second) ... but seriously, I'd expect both of them to be working on Martin. The report reads as if they called it almost as soon as they arrived; he was pronounced at 1930. They would have then turned their attention to Zimmerman. So ... what does that leave? About 10 minutes or so to attend to him, get a quick history and assess / clean / treat / determine he does not need to go to the ER? I've never worked EMS, but that seems awfully fast, considering the potential injuries involved.

I'd love to see the EMS report ...
Yeah. That's a short period of time. It's reasonable to assume the cops had lights and sirens going, but still speeding over such a short distance wouldn't make the trip more than two or three minutes shorter.

Cops generally only run their lights and sirens when they're going TO a place where something happened. Once they've got someone in the back? They're a lot less concerned about getting to the station fast.
Or when they're headed to Dunkin Donuts. :D

Interesting maybe there weren't any cameras in that area. maybe there was nothing useful.

Or maybe they were collected as evidence.

Forum List

Back