Dad Turns In Teen Gaza Protester Who Vandalized WWI Memorial

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Since this is New York, I doubt anything will really happen to this little piece of shit, but we can always hope!
The deputy commissioner claims he won't go unpunished, but I'll believe it when I see it.

A 16-year-old protester who allegedly vandalized a World War I memorial during a pro-Palestinian demonstration in Central Park has been arrested after his own father turned him over to police, according to a report. The teen was taken into custody on Thursday night following the protest on Monday in which the words “Gaza” and “Free Palestine” were scrawled onto the base of the 107th Infantry Memorial, according to the New York Post. The outlet says the adolescent now faces a felony charge of criminal mischief in the third degree and a misdemeanor charge of making graffiti.

I am guessing that the father and son do not have a very close relationship.

If they did, the father would have had a talk with his son to explain why vandalizing that memorial was a very hurtful act -- instead of calling the cops.
/—-/ It’s how parents teach their children right from wrong and personal responsibility. Your way avoids both.

If they did, the father would have had a talk with his son to explain why vandalizing that memorial was a very hurtful act -- instead of calling the cops.
yes, he should have had a talk with him.

1715350885651.png

And just letting him get away with it?

I think its good that the kid has to make public restitution

Not go to jail, 6-8 weekends picking up trash along the highway or parks seems about right to me

Forum List

Back