White liberal robbed at gunpoint by thug: " I deserved it"

Stupid conclusion and naïve, but here's what the OP left out:

“Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as ‘thugs?’” asks Friedfeld. “It’s precisely this kind of ‘otherization’ that fuels the problem.”
In other words he's talking about classism.

And once again the article never mentions the word "Liberal". But that's OK, we just make it up.

:lmao:

Student mugged says he deserved it because of his privilege

A white liberal hipster at Georgetown was robbed by a thug at gunpoint.

And he says...he deserved to be robbed because of his white privilege. Says who is he to judge...he lives in a wealthy neighborhood and goes to a good school. He says he cant blame the robber or call.him a thug.

White hipster liberal says to do so is "otherization" and its wrong.

Um....otherization? Thats a thing now too?

Hey liberals...I say take ALL your possessions and go to the nearest ghetto and sacrifice yourself. You deserve it.

Progs instinctively know that they should all be rounded up and thrown in jail.

A conscience eventually catches up to ya.

I'm not going to infer anything and declare it to be a fact without knowing it for a fact -- as the OP did with both "white" and "liberal". That's the point. I did the same thing with Matthew when he posted an article about a rape and blamed it on "blacks" -- even though no such info was in that article (or any other).

You don't get to make up your own facts, that's the point.

And why did the OP feel a need to insert "white", one wonders? :eusa_think: Perhaps he thinks black people are incapable of empathy? I don't know and it would be wrong to infer.

Ah. So I assume if I check post history...your assumptions on Ferguson werent made until after the grand jury ruling?

By ALL means... be my jest.
OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.
Guess we'll see dat dood ------ LATER. :rofl:

Oh and thanks in advance for illustrating my point. I couldn't have designed it better.

Hmmm. Maybe I will. So I wont find you offering any opinion on Ferguson. ...other than "wait for the facts".....until after the day of the no charges announcement?

What -- you want hints now? :nono:

Nope. You won't. But go ahead and look. Why not go Zimmerman hunting while you're in there too. :thup:

You may or may not know this but I get good results if I put "usmessageboard.com", the user's name (e.g. Pogo) and whatever keywords (e.g. Ferguson) into a Google search bar (this site's search function is pretty much useless). HTH.

dang..........nobody cares s0n!!!:up:

Holy fuck...........some people define their existence in life based upon message board feedback shit!!!:ack-1:

Here ya go s0n........more your speed >>> People.com Celebrity News Celebrity Photos Exclusives and Star Style

You edited --- that?

See your doctor soon.

Ah. So I assume if I check post history...your assumptions on Ferguson werent made until after the grand jury ruling?

OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.

Oh and thanks in advance for illustrating my point. I couldn't have designed it better.

Hmmm. Maybe I will. So I wont find you offering any opinion on Ferguson. ...other than "wait for the facts".....until after the day of the no charges announcement?

Nope. You won't. But go ahead and look. Why not go Zimmerman hunting while you're in there too. :thup:

You may or may not know this but I get good results if I put "usmessageboard.com", the user's name (e.g. Pogo) and whatever keywords (e.g. Ferguson) into a Google search bar (this site's search function is pretty much useless). HTH.

Holy fuck...........some people define their existence in life based upon message board feedback shit!!!:ack-1:

Here ya go s0n........more your speed >>> People.com Celebrity News Celebrity Photos Exclusives and Star Style

You edited --- that?

See your doctor soon.

Which one does Obama say I can see?

OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.

You edited --- that?

See your doctor soon.

Which one does Obama say I can see?

Who knows? Try the one who threw you out of the game yesterday for spiking your helmet.

A number of outlets are carrying the story, but none mention the race of the attackers.

It's an interesting observation, though. I don't think "white privilege" can be canonically exercised against whites. That is, the very use of "white" in "white privilege" implies that the privilege follows as a result of being white. Using the term in the context of a white attacker doesn't make any sense, since it would naturally raise the question about why the attackers' whiteness didn't afford them the same privilege.

Incidentally, some of the bloggers have commented that there's putatively no record of the crime filed with either the city police or with the campus police. They're wondering if the attack might not be a hoax.

A number of outlets are carrying the story, but none mention the race of the attackers.

It's an interesting observation, though. I don't think "white privilege" can be canonically exercised against whites. That is, the very use of "white" in "white privilege" implies that the privilege follows as a result of being white. Using the term in the context of a white attacker doesn't make any sense, since it would naturally raise the question about why the attackers' whiteness didn't afford them the same privilege.

And again, "white" isn't mentioned anywhere in the article. His point on "privilege" seems to be centered around economic class. So it doesn't seem he's talking about "white privilege" here but "economic privilege", i.e. being born into a wealthier class (than his muggers were).

Incidentally, some of the bloggers have commented that there's putatively no record of the crime filed with either the city police or with the campus police. They're wondering if the attack might not be a hoax.

There's a worthy thought. It could well be a contrived fantasy to try to make an immature ideological point. It does after all come from a campus newspaper. A guy named Fred LaBour (who later became one-third of the western folk band Riders in the Sky) wrote such a contrivance in his campus newspaper once upon a time, that evolved into the "Paul McCartney is dead" conspiracy theory. Campus newspapers sometimes are used for such creativity -- they're certainly not journalism.

That number of other sources carrying the article -- did they all point back to this one? Because that would be a big red flag as to veracity.

On the other hand there's no particular reason a simple mugging would show up in a crime report or even be reported. I've been mugged by the same element (kids of apparently a lower economic class) and I didn't report it (what would have been the point?) I didn't write about it or come to his masochistic conclusions though...

Anyway this is an excellent observation Syonidv. Good sleuthing. :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back