White liberal robbed at gunpoint by thug: " I deserved it"

Stupid conclusion and naïve, but here's what the OP left out:

“Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as ‘thugs?’” asks Friedfeld. “It’s precisely this kind of ‘otherization’ that fuels the problem.”
In other words he's talking about classism.

And once again the article never mentions the word "Liberal". But that's OK, we just make it up.
the guy is still a dipshit pogo....if that guy would have beat the shit out of him i wonder if he would have the same attitude....

“Who am I to stand from my perch of privilege, surrounded by million-dollar homes and paying for a $60,000 education, to condemn these young men as ‘thugs?’” asks Friedfeld. “It’s precisely this kind of ‘otherization’ that fuels the problem.”

And once again the article never mentions the word "Liberal". But that's OK, we just make it up.
the guy is still a dipshit pogo....if that guy would have beat the shit out of him i wonder if he would have the same attitude....

I'm ragging on the OP there for making shit up. For that matter the article doesn't tell us he's white either. I have this thing about fact vs. fabrication.

As for the kid I think he's profoundly naïve. See post 14 where I riffed on him a bit. ;)

But he does have at least one thing right:

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”
Around this board we read endless examples of posters who really seem to believe "criminal" is some kind of subhuman species, deserving of nothing but death. At least this kid hasn't dehumanized them. Even if his empathy runneth over.
I just don't see how his empathy translates into anything actionable.

Does he believe people shouldn't mind muggings since "otherization" is the greater of two evils? Is he simply championing the virtue of forgiveness?

He comes across as clueless. And regardless of how true that is, how does he expect his sympathy for the muggers to help things?

I'm ragging on the OP there for making shit up. For that matter the article doesn't tell us he's white either. I have this thing about fact vs. fabrication.

As for the kid I think he's profoundly naïve. See post 14 where I riffed on him a bit. ;)

“Not once did I consider our attackers to be ‘bad people.’ I trust that they weren’t trying to hurt me. In fact, if they knew me, I bet they’d think I was okay,” wrote Friedfeld in an editorial featured in The Hoya, the university’s newspaper. “The fact that these two kids, who appeared younger than I, have even had to entertain these questions suggests their universes are light years away from mine.”
Around this board we read endless examples of posters who really seem to believe "criminal" is some kind of subhuman species, deserving of nothing but death. At least this kid hasn't dehumanized them. Even if his empathy runneth over.

Does he believe people shouldn't mind muggings since "otherization" is the greater of two evils? Is he simply championing the virtue of forgiveness?

He comes across as clueless. And regardless of how true that is, how does he expect his sympathy for the muggers to help things?

He's a moon bat

Right, from what he said I am going to infer the guy is a staunch Conservative. :haha: Seriously, are you fucking kidding me?

He's a moon bat
Probably. :-\

Right, from what he said I am going to infer the guy is a staunch Conservative. :haha: Seriously, are you fucking kidding me?

I'm not going to infer anything and declare it to be a fact without knowing it for a fact -- as the OP did with both "white" and "liberal". That's the point. I did the same thing with Matthew when he posted an article about a rape and blamed it on "blacks" -- even though no such info was in that article (or any other).

You don't get to make up your own facts, that's the point.

And why did the OP feel a need to insert "white", one wonders? :eusa_think: Perhaps he thinks black people are incapable of empathy? I don't know and it would be wrong to infer.

"Actionable", certainly not. I didn't mean anything that deep. I just meant, at least he hasn't been infected with the us-and-them dichotomy paradigm that sees the subset "crimials" as some kind of "other" to which it's impossible to relate --- like, say, the bitter old men who frequent political message boards. ;)

IOW at least he hasn't been polluted.

He's a moon bat

He's effectively a child.
-- which is another reason to not make the leap to "Liberal"

I agree with you on the race part, but from what the guy said that train of thought is typical of a far left winger. Is there a possibility that the guy is not a liberal ? I would call it less than a miniscule shot.

I agree with you on the race part, but from what the guy said that train of thought is typical of a far left winger. Is there a possibility that the guy is not a liberal ? I would call it less than a miniscule shot.

Look at his article -- he's a child. He's too young to be a "Liberal" or anything else. Clearly hasn't found his road map to the world yet. How can anyone argue he's too immature to take a realistic attitude toward being robbed, and then turn around and argue he IS mature enough to have developed a political philosophy? But of course the OP didn't think of that because he was blinded by his own agenda.

Anyway the point really was, you don't get to just make an assumption and declare it fact. (not 'you' -- the OP). Just as he did with "white".

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with this liberal that a few more robberies and some beatings wouldn't cure. Unless he became comfortable.

I'm not going to infer anything and declare it to be a fact without knowing it for a fact -- as the OP did with both "white" and "liberal". That's the point. I did the same thing with Matthew when he posted an article about a rape and blamed it on "blacks" -- even though no such info was in that article (or any other).

And why did the OP feel a need to insert "white", one wonders? :eusa_think: Perhaps he thinks black people are incapable of empathy? I don't know and it would be wrong to infer.

Ah. So I assume if I check post history...your assumptions on Ferguson werent made until after the grand jury ruling?

Ah. So I assume if I check post history...your assumptions on Ferguson werent made until after the grand jury ruling?

By ALL means... be my jest.
OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.
Guess we'll see dat dood ------ LATER. :rofl:

Oh and thanks in advance for illustrating my point. I couldn't have designed it better.

OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.

Oh and thanks in advance for illustrating my point. I couldn't have designed it better.

Hmmm. Maybe I will. So I wont find you offering any opinion on Ferguson. ...other than "wait for the facts".....until after the day of the no charges announcement?

OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.

Hmmm. Maybe I will. So I wont find you offering any opinion on Ferguson. ...other than "wait for the facts".....until after the day of the no charges announcement?

What -- you want hints now? :nono:

Nope. You won't. But go ahead and look. Why not go Zimmerman hunting while you're in there too. :thup:

You may or may not know this but I get good results if I put "usmessageboard.com", the user's name (e.g. Pogo) and whatever keywords (e.g. Ferguson) into a Google search bar (this site's search function is pretty much useless). HTH.

Last edited:
That libral hipster thinks black people are inferior. He thinks they cant help themselves because they are poor and not smart enough to tell the difference between right and wrong. He looks at black people like they are children.

That libral hipster thinks black people are inferior. He thinks they cant help themselves because they are poor and not smart enough to tell the difference between right and wrong. He looks at black people like they are children.

The story didn't say anything about any black people either.

See Rocko --- this ^^ is another reason writing assumptions into a title is a bad idea.

See Rocko --- this ^^ is another reason writing assumptions into a title is a bad idea.
What kind of idiot are you to think it wasnt a black person? Did you even read the article?

What kind of idiot are you to think it wasnt a black person? Did you even read the article?

Thoroughly. Not there.

What are you saying -- white, Asian or Hispanic kids aren't capable of crime?

Tellya what though -- I'd be willing to make one assumption. I'd expect that whatever their racial background -- they were poor..

Uh oh, we're not supposed to talk about that...

Last edited:

OzPets-Idea.gif

Happy hunting.

What -- you want hints now? :nono:

Nope. You won't. But go ahead and look. Why not go Zimmerman hunting while you're in there too. :thup:

You may or may not know this but I get good results if I put "usmessageboard.com", the user's name (e.g. Pogo) and whatever keywords (e.g. Ferguson) into a Google search bar (this site's search function is pretty much useless). HTH.

dang..........nobody cares s0n!!!:up:

Holy fuck...........some people define their existence in life based upon message board feedback shit!!!:ack-1:

Here ya go s0n........more your speed >>> People.com Celebrity News Celebrity Photos Exclusives and Star Style

Last edited:

Forum List

Back