White House Press Secretary Can't Answer Why Obama Has A Connecticut Social Security Number

Well lets look at each of your claims
Lived in a foreign country under an assumed name.
LOL- Barrack was called 'Barry' (a nickname- like 'Bill') until he was in college and decided he preferred his given name. Only a Birther would be upset that this President used a nick name- while ignoring 'Bill" Clinton and 'Jack' Kennedy also using nicknames.

Traveled to countries while a travel ban was enforced.
No record of Obama traveling to Cuba- the only country Americans have been banned from traveling to- sounds like you are drinking the Birther koolaid again.

Being born in Hawaii yet there is little record of that actually happening.
Other than birth certificates, official records in Hawaii, birth announcements in newspapers, and the governor of Hawaii saying he remembers when Obama was born?

Goes to Germany to give a campaign speech and is apparently recieved by a large crowd.
Okay- I have to admit- even I- used to Birther idiocy- can't figure out why this concerns you- other than perhaps sheer xenophobia.

Receives a Nobel prize for doing nothing but being elected then bombs the crap out of brown countries.
What is a 'brown' country? While I think that Obama had not earned a Nobel Peace Prize- he certainly had nothing to do with his receiving it.

How he got into Occidental college being a dopper (admitted), then Columbia and Harvard is very intersting. Especially considering he himself says he wasn't the best student.

LOL- you think 'doppers' didn't get into college in the '80's'? I suspect you never actually went to college. Obama never said he had bad grades- he said he wasn't a good student in high school.

Birthers never cared about the grades of any President- until President Obama was elected.

Barry Sorototo was more then a nick name, it was the name he registered to a Muslim school in Indonesia. Who has a two name nickname?

The Mystery of Barack Obama Continues Obama Social Security Numbers

Barry was a nickname. Soetoro was the name of his step-father. Nothing particularly unusual about being called by the step fathers last name.

Bill Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe III- but was called Bill Clinton for years before he legally adopted his step-fathers surname.

Gerald Ford was born Leslie Lynch King Jr.- but was called Gerald Rudolff Ford Jr. for 20 years before legally changing his name to Gerald Rudolf Ford Jr.- but was called "Jerry Ford".

Birthers are hilarious when they trip over themselves in being ignorant.

So thank you for finally someone on the left admitting he did go by an assumed name. Bravo your honesty is refreshing.

'assumed name'- you mean like Gerry Ford was called by an 'assumed name' when he was a little kid? Like Rafael Cruz goes by an 'assumed name- Ted Cruz?

Birthers are such idiots.

Barry Soetoro = Barack Obama

Ted Cruz = Rafael Cruz

note in the first case the last name is assumed, in the second it is the same. A nick name is not an assumed name.

Edward Kennedy = Ted Kennedy

Barry Sorototo was more then a nick name, it was the name he registered to a Muslim school in Indonesia. Who has a two name nickname?

Barry was a nickname. Soetoro was the name of his step-father. Nothing particularly unusual about being called by the step fathers last name.

Bill Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe III- but was called Bill Clinton for years before he legally adopted his step-fathers surname.

Gerald Ford was born Leslie Lynch King Jr.- but was called Gerald Rudolff Ford Jr. for 20 years before legally changing his name to Gerald Rudolf Ford Jr.- but was called "Jerry Ford".

So thank you for finally someone on the left admitting he did go by an assumed name. Bravo your honesty is refreshing.

'assumed name'- you mean like Gerry Ford was called by an 'assumed name' when he was a little kid? Like Rafael Cruz goes by an 'assumed name- Ted Cruz?

Birthers are such idiots.

Barry Soetoro = Barack Obama

Ted Cruz = Rafael Cruz

note in the first case the last name is assumed, in the second it is the same. A nick name is not an assumed name.

Edward Kennedy = Ted Kennedy

William Jefferson clinton = Bill Clinton

Hillary clinton = the hildebeast

algore = chicken little

There is no controversy or conspiracy except among the uneducated.

For all your answers go to: The Debunker s Guide to Obama Conspiracy Theories

His explanation could hold water, depending on when the card was issued. I'm sure no one will be allowed to know that answer.
What's your Social Security Number?

None of your fucking business, but I will tell you it is tied to the State I lived in at the time I applied.
So it's not the state you were born in?

His explanation could hold water, depending on when the card was issued. I'm sure no one will be allowed to know that answer.

None of your fucking business, but I will tell you it is tied to the State I lived in at the time I applied.
Check his birth certificate.

Jack Kennedy would have nothing to do with the far right today and would not be a Republican unless, among other programs, they were for national health care and immigration reform.

Check his birth certificate.
This one?

600px-Obama_birth_certificate_2011.adj.jpg

(1) It has been explained.
(2) Not your business.
(3) Confused? Refer to 1 and 2.

Fuck off sleaze ball, it's none of your business either, but here you are. If the card was issued before 1965 when zip codes became widely used it may not be a valid explanation.
Tsk Tsk Tsk, hit a nerve. Go to the links in The Debunker's Guide.

I did dumb ass, zip codes weren't adopted until 1963 and weren't really widely used for a couple of years, if the card was issued pre 1963 his argument of a mistyped zip code, wouldn't hold water.
You would have to assume Obama's mother got him a Social Security number as soon as he was born.

That is not a requirement. You can wait until your first job to get one.

No, you wouldn't assume that. That would have been extremely unlikely. I am two years younger than Obama. My brother, sister and I all got them when we lived in Virginia when I was 13. I was born in Kalamazoo (hence Kaz), Michigan and grew up there through high school other than the one year in Virginia, where we happened to get our social security numbers. Assigning them at birth probably wasn't until the 80s. We didn't get them then generally until we approached working age. But our SSNs all start with 227, a Virginia code

Yep, it was.

"White House Press Secretary Can't Answer Why Obama Has A Connecticut Social Security Number"

Likely because the question is ignorant and idiotic:

“Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office.”

Social Security History

"White House Press Secretary Can't Answer Why Obama Has A Connecticut Social Security Number"

Likely because the question is ignorant and idiotic:

“Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office.”

Social Security History

So why would they apply in Connecticut? It's a simple question, one you'd be drenched in gas in Lafayette Park threatening to light the match if it was a Republican

The ODS Obamamas here do not know their social security cards.

The birther movement will be one of the fun subchapters of hilarity in our history books. As a friend's son said yesterday: "Just another far right idiocy."

I haven't seen such deflection in my life. The guy is truly stumped. Never the less, we still need answers to Lester's question to the press secretary.

robert gibbs obama social security number - YouTube
The answer is very simple
Barrack Obama's SSN is 042-68-4425.
The claim that Social Security numbers beginning with 042 are "reserved for Connecticut residents" is false according to the SSA.
Before 1972, 042 was the area where the card was issued and had no connection where the applicant lived.

This is part of several old conspiracy theories shot down several years ago.
Gibbs treated the question as he should.

snopes.com Obama Stole His Social Security Number from Jean Paul Ludwig
Social Security History
The snopes article is bogus. Ludwig had a different ss number. The beginning of Obama's number 042 is for Connecticut residents only.
You apparently didn't read the se
I haven't seen such deflection in my life. The guy is truly stumped. Never the less, we still need answers to Lester's question to the press secretary.

The claim that Social Security numbers beginning with 042 are "reserved for Connecticut residents" is false according to the SSA.
Before 1972, 042 was the area where the card was issued and had no connection where the applicant lived.

Social Security History
The snopes article is bogus. Ludwig had a different ss number. The beginning of Obama's number 042 is for Connecticut residents only.
Apparently you didn't read the second link. "Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office."

Social Security History

Social Security History

Social Security History
Apparently you didn't read the second link. "Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office."

Social Security History

Note you like your leftist friend like to ignore this tidbit in the quote: "a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office."

That keeps leaving unanswered the question why mama Obama would have applied for a SSN in Connecticut. I was born in Michigan, but I got my social security number when I lived in Virginia, so it has a Virginia number. So again, why did Obama apply in Connecticut?

I personally think this is a ridiculous issue, made more ridiculous by Obama for not just explaining it

Well lets look at each of your claims
Lived in a foreign country under an assumed name.
LOL- Barrack was called 'Barry' (a nickname- like 'Bill') until he was in college and decided he preferred his given name. Only a Birther would be upset that this President used a nick name- while ignoring 'Bill" Clinton and 'Jack' Kennedy also using nicknames.

Traveled to countries while a travel ban was enforced.
No record of Obama traveling to Cuba- the only country Americans have been banned from traveling to- sounds like you are drinking the Birther koolaid again.

Being born in Hawaii yet there is little record of that actually happening.
Other than birth certificates, official records in Hawaii, birth announcements in newspapers, and the governor of Hawaii saying he remembers when Obama was born?

Goes to Germany to give a campaign speech and is apparently recieved by a large crowd.
Okay- I have to admit- even I- used to Birther idiocy- can't figure out why this concerns you- other than perhaps sheer xenophobia.

Receives a Nobel prize for doing nothing but being elected then bombs the crap out of brown countries.
What is a 'brown' country? While I think that Obama had not earned a Nobel Peace Prize- he certainly had nothing to do with his receiving it.

How he got into Occidental college being a dopper (admitted), then Columbia and Harvard is very intersting. Especially considering he himself says he wasn't the best student.

LOL- you think 'doppers' didn't get into college in the '80's'? I suspect you never actually went to college. Obama never said he had bad grades- he said he wasn't a good student in high school.

Birthers never cared about the grades of any President- until President Obama was elected.

BTW, while I realize you were using examples of people to show that others lived under and assumed name, none of those you mentioned actually did live under an assumed name. I do believe in every one of them you said they legally changed their name. But really nice informative try.
Jack Kennedy would be laughing his ass off at you if he were still alive.

Jack Kennedy would be a republican if he was still alive.
Nah. He didn't meet the 90 or below IQ GOP requirement.

The ODS Obamamas here do not know their social security cards.

The birther movement will be one of the fun subchapters of hilarity in our history books. As a friend's son said yesterday: "Just another far right idiocy."
Conspiracy theories about presidents are as old as the nation.
George Washington wasn't the first U.S. president.
President Zachary Taylor was poisoned to death.
Someone besides Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK.
President Obama wasn't born in the US.

Conspiracy theories give people a sense of control. People hate randomness, they dread the sort of random occurrences that can destroy their lives, so as a mechanism against that dread, it turns out that it’s much easier to believe in a conspiracy. Then you have someone to blame, it’s not just randomness or put another way; people just love a good conspiracy.

Another pointless attack on Obama. Pointless if true. The only real point is that the OP takes some racist pleasure depicting the president as a primate of the non human variety.

Hillary will be the next president. Will this racist cracker depict her as a monkey or chimp? Will we be goaded into explaining unending conspiracies caused by the woman?

Funny that the ingrates in our country will never again be represented in the white house. Yes we may never get our bridges and potholes repaired but at least we won't be forced into murdering other peoples around the world to satisfy their good christian blood lust.

Social Security History

Social Security History

Social Security History

Note you like your leftist friend like to ignore this tidbit in the quote: "a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office."

That keeps leaving unanswered the question why mama Obama would have applied for a SSN in Connecticut. I was born in Michigan, but I got my social security number when I lived in Virginia, so it has a Virginia number. So again, why did Obama apply in Connecticut?

I personally think this is a ridiculous issue, made more ridiculous by Obama for not just explaining it

Did he apply in Connecticut or was that a social security service center that issued the card. Social Security applications can be mailed, so a young person does not have to appear at a Social Security office. In fact you can apply for a social security card from outside the US but you must appear before an agent for the Social Security, usually a consulate.

To answer one question of a conspiracy theorist will only create another and another. As long as anything is unknown, a conspiracy theorist will adapt the theory to fit the unknown creating more questions. When the president released the birth certificate, it was of course claimed to be a fake. This spawned all kinds of theories. If the president released his college transcript, his course selection, grades, associates, teachers, would all become part of a never ending witch hunt. A president should never involve himself in this as it would be a distraction from his duties as president.

Last edited:

Social Security History

Social Security History

Social Security History

Did he apply in Connecticut or was that a social security service center that issued the card
According to your quote, he applied there, "person could apply for their card in any Social Security office."

Social Security applications can be mailed, so a young person does not have to appear at a Social Security office. In fact you can apply for a social security card from outside the US but you must appear before an agent for the Social Security, usually a consulate.

To answer one question of a conspiracy theorist will only create another and another. As long as anything is unknown, a conspiracy theorist will adapt the theory to fit the unknown creating more questions. When the president released the birth certificate, it was of course claimed to be a fake. This spawned all kinds of theories. If the president released his college transcript, his course selection, grades, associates, teachers, would all become part of a never ending witch hunt. A president should never involve himself this as it would be a distraction from his duties as president.

Conjecture. I'm no birther and I'm not making any accusations here, but the Obamas sure did a lot of peculiar things. To everything I've ever heard you apply in the State you live and they send you a number based on that. Note there are numbers designated for every State.

Forum List

Back