Which thread?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I am a God on this message board.
Now that this thread has been closed:

Which thread do the moderators want us to continue discussing the subject in? I presume all duplicate threads have already been merged into the closed thread.

Which thread do the moderators want us to continue discussing the subject in? I presume all duplicate threads have already been merged into the closed thread.
Its a NY Times lie...so take your pic....

I asked the mod why it was closed and got zip for a response. Closed, IMO, because the deflect and denial mob came in to derail it is what happened but no reason to close an ongoing story. Total BS.

I asked the mod why it was closed and got zip for a response. Closed, IMO, because the deflect and denial mob came in to derail it is what happened but no reason to close an ongoing story. Total BS.
Sounds like they made a mistake.
But too bad they're all gone because Intelligence chief O'Brien just told us that Trump wasn't briefed on it. They weren't confident of the intelligence, she didn't cover it in the oral briefing.

I guess now we can wait (not holding our breath) to see if intelligence services can verify that it's true. But Trump's off the hook.

Last edited:

Sounds like they made a mistake. Gotta be. It's a major story.
The goons that came in to corrupt the thread are responsible and those posts should have been eliminated.
It's called moderating but in a lazy way I suspect.

Which thread do the moderators want us to continue discussing the subject in?

You can try to start a new one, tho I don't know why you would want to.

What else do you want to say, that is actually pertinent, that hadn't been covered in the 67 pages of the thread that had been closed?

I asked the mod why it was closed and got zip for a response.

There was a mod note; "Thread is past worn out.. More OFF than on topic.. Closed... "

What other response do you need?

There was a mod note; "Thread is past worn out.. More OFF than on topic.. Closed... "

Is that just an opinion? By not receiving a response from the mod I tend to think otherwise as the story is ongoing and plenty to add. Do you agree with that?

Is that just an opinion? By not receiving a response from the mod I tend to think otherwise as the story is ongoing and plenty to add. Do you agree with that?
By not receiving a response from the mod

the response was at the end of the thread, for all to see.

Do you need someone to explain it to you?

Sorry I asked.

Will, when a google search shows a whole page of news articles, some as recent as 15 minutes ago, still pumping out new information, I question why you would close it. If there are off topic posts, aren't mods supposed to remove them?

But too bad they're all gone because Intelligence chief O'Brien just told us that Trump wasn't briefed on it. They weren't confident of the intelligence, she didn't cover it in the oral briefing.

I guess now we can wait (not holding our breath) to see if intelligence services can verify that it's true. But Trump's off the hook.

No it is not over. If you believe that O'Brien is not shielding Trump then it's far from over.

No it is not over. If you believe that O'Brien is not shielding Trump then it's far from over.
Maybe you should open another thread.

Never mind. I see you've already got one going on this topic. Better luck with this one.

Maybe you should open another thread.
I posted and are related. What the OP asked is which thread to respond to. An excellent question.
I can live with the thread closed down, but other's that were following it probably read it from the beginning and still want more. It had a lot of info in it and was in full sail. Then the kabash.

Will, when a google search shows a whole page of news articles, some as recent as 15 minutes ago, still pumping out new information, I question why you would close it. If there are off topic posts, aren't mods supposed to remove them?
I question why you would close it.

I didn't, according to the mod note, flacaltenn did.

and according tto the mod note, it wasn't worth saving.

I question why you would close it.

I didn't, according to the mod note, flacaltenn did.

and according tto the mod note, it wasn't worth saving.
Sounds like flacaltenn should do the talking for you then.

Well, I don’t care that the other thread was closed. If it went off the rails, whatcha gonna do? I just want to know which is the official thread to continue the topic. Because the topic is continuing.

Which thread do the moderators want us to continue discussing the subject in?

You can try to start a new one, tho I don't know why you would want to.

What else do you want to say, that is actually pertinent, that hadn't been covered in the 67 pages of the thread that had been closed?
Umm...the ongoing daily revelations? Just spitballing here...

I have already said I think this whole discussion is primarily a domestic political ploy of the Military Industrial Complex along with Democrats to embarrass our undoubtedly incompetent President. He is indeed widely considered frighteningly incompetent.

Who ever heard of a President who doesn’t even read national security reports and instead spends his time twittering and watching TV news? Does any CEO do that? How can this be the modus operandi of a Commander-in-Chief and Chief Executive of the United States?

But the MIC and the CIA wants to stay in Afghanistan, and IMO that makes this campaign not merely suspect, but effectively for “endless war,” one that progressives should not support.

Anyway here are excerpts from an article in Responsible Statecraft, which gives credence to the allegations but is patriotically opposed to the bipartisan interventionist consensus for an aggressive foreign military policy, and which speculates on why Putin might have decided to change his Afghan policy in the recent period in the way alleged.

I still believe Russia’s main strategy is to help the U.S. and the Taliban negotiate an end to the U.S./Western military presence in Afghanistan, and thereby weaken U.S. influence throughout the Central Asian ex-Soviet Republics.:

Why is Moscow paying the Taliban to kill Americans?

Why would Russian intelligence go to the trouble of making bounty payments to the Taliban for attacking U.S. and coalition forces when this is something that the Taliban has long shown itself willing and able to do at its own expense? In other words, why pay someone to do something that they are already doing anyway?... There are several possibilities that can be explored — some of which may be more emotional than rational.

Some observers see Moscow doing this as revenge for the losses that the Kremlin-backed Wagner group (a Russian private military force) suffered in a firefight with U.S. forces in Syria in February 2018. Both the U.S. and Russia played down the incident at the time (indeed, the Kremlin disavowed that Wagner was operating at the behest of the Russian government) as neither wanted it to escalate into a broader U.S.-Russian confrontation.

But this event may well have enraged the Kremlin, and so it may have decided to retaliate in a way that was plausibly deniable in order to avoid the risk of direct confrontation. It is not clear, though, whether these bounty payments began before or after the February 2018 firefight in Syria....

The U.S. has been in Afghanistan for nearly two decades. It appears more probable that immediate Russian policy concerns may have motivated this....

But whatever the U.S. response is, it’s important we know what has motivated Putin to act, otherwise the U.S. risks another self-inflicted counterproductive foreign policy initiative that harms American interests.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back