Which song did you drink your first beer to?

I actually remember this.
I was 13, and we had a picnic/camping area near the beach in
Wildwood, New Jersey ( my parents and 2 little brothers). While they were at the beach I snuck one of my dad's green bottle Rolling Rock's out of the cooler and this was playing on the radio;

Now, granted, I grew up in a family where sips of beer were allowed, even if you were young. Sometimes they thought it was cute when the child made a face after taking a sip.

As far as my first "real beer"? Well, that happened when I was somewhere around 17, and was working with my Aunt's boyfriend (Dave), selling feed to various farmers and people in the middle part of Montana. We had just finished a successful sale, and Dave asked me if I wanted a beer. Being 17 (as well as being flattered that he would ask), I said sure. Let's get a 6 pack.

Well, Dave had 1 beer, and I drank the rest. When I got back home, my Aunt noticed I was drunk, and then put me to bed. I also heard her chew Dave out for getting me drunk. Bed spins that afternoon sucked, as I thought I was gonna puke but didn't. I also heard my Aunt explain to my Grandmother that I had to stay at her house that evening because I didn't feel well (but then again, I was drunk off my ass).

Nope, no songs, but a whole lot of memories about what I didn't like about getting drunk.

But go figure........................getting a bit drunk became something I enjoyed.

MORTY!!!!!!!

polcor84je4.jpg

I have never had a beer in my life. Despite the fact that I was the kind of girl that preferred busting heads to any other activity my Grandmother said that ladies didn't drink beer. Beer was something only low class slatterns drank. And only in the beer halls at that.

I don't remember the exact song. . . but I am sure it was the Beatles.

I started making my own beer my senor year in High School with my best friend, his mom was a terrible pack rat. . . so we thought she would never find our fermentation buckets, or where we put the bottles for the final weeks of fermentation.

It amazed me that when you are underage, you could buy all the shit you needed to make beer, and all the information to do it was at the public library. :auiqs.jpg:

Years later. . . I found out that our folks knew all along what we were doing. . they just didn't care. We brewed about a couple of cases every two or three months or so. What ever school work and our jobs would permit.

This. . . is quite possibly the most useful tool a seventeen year old kid can own. . .

iu

;)

Last edited:
I have never had a beer in my life. Despite the fact that I was the kind of girl that preferred busting heads to any other activity my Grandmother said that ladies didn't drink beer. Beer was something only low class slatterns drank. And only in the beer halls at that.
Okay, so you high society "ladies" prefer Zinfandel and Mad Dog 20 20. Got it.

I started making my own beer my senor year in High School with my best friend, his mom was a terrible pack rat. . . so we thought she would never find our fermentation buckets, or where we put the bottles for the final weeks of fermentation.

It amazed me that when you are underage, you could buy all the shit you needed to make beer, and all the information to do it was at the public library. :auiqs.jpg:

Years later. . . I found out that our folks knew all along what we were doing. . they just didn't care. We brewed about a couple of cases every two or three months or so. What ever school work and our jobs would permit.
Classic! I bet your folks were skimming your brew. I swear dude, I will never forget your post.

Classic! I bet your folks were skimming your brew. I swear dude, I will never forget your post.
My best friend was quite a bit more well off, and his house was much, much bigger than mine growing up. His mom was, like I say, a pack rat. She was an art teacher and a bit flighty. So. . . we kept all the shit at his house.

If we had kept it at my house? Hell no. . my folks were Reaganites. My mom would have found that shit and dad would have beat my ass. . . His mom was the liberal, so, tactically, we thought it better to keep it there.

His dad worked for Merrill Lynch, a higher up, never home.

We both had no clue that our mom's did talk, and that. . . they knew. . . somehow, the entire time. I didn't find out till thirty years later.

I found out why they didn't care. . . mostly b/c we were both honor students, headed off to a big ten school, so, if that was the worst trouble we were getting into? meh.

. . . now. . . If his older brother found it? Yeah, he was a bit of a bully. Count on him skimming that. :heehee: But by then, he was already at the University that my sister, and later we would be at.

There was no music. I was about 11 and we found a hot six pack of Jax that a fiend's daddy left in their storage shed. Nastiest tasting stuff I ever tasted, but we each drank one. Tasted like rotten pecans. Thankfully, I found out that all beer didn't taste that bad a few years later.

My best friend was quite a bit more well off, and his house was much, much bigger than mine growing up. His mom was, like I say, a pack rat. She was an art teacher and a bit flighty. So. . . we kept all the shit at his house.

If we had kept it at my house? Hell no. . my folks were Reaganites. My mom would have found that shit and dad would have beat my ass. . . His mom was the liberal, so, tactically, we thought it better to keep it there.

His dad worked for Merrill Lynch, a higher up, never home.

We both had no clue that our mom's did talk, and that. . . they knew. . . somehow, the entire time. I didn't find out till thirty years later.

I found out why they didn't care. . . mostly b/c we were both honor students, headed off to a big ten school, so, if that was the worst trouble we were getting into? meh.

. . . now. . . If his older brother found it? Yeah, he was a bit of a bully. Count on him skimming that. :heehee: But by then, he was already at the University that my sister, and later we would be at.
skimming being the operative word here...

What University?

I was about 11 or 12 and was standing behind a garage with a couple other kids.
A backyard BBQ where one of my friends managed to swipe a beer from a cooler.
I thought it was the worst thing I ever tasted. Course... it was a Miller High Life...so... it was.

For me, there will never be such a song because I don't go for anything alcoholic.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Well, okay good for you Holly. You missed out on a Joyous ride of Jesus Christs life. He drank red wine and got blasted with a bunch of men. 12.

Forum List

Back