Which Side is Responsible for the Kahkova Dam Destruction?

Both sides are blaming the other. What is Moscow's motive?
Obviously to create a huge obstacle to slow down Ukraine's counteroffensive.

Ukraine accuses Russia of blowing up dam to put a massive natural obstacle in the way of its counteroffensive​

Fog of war. Don't jump to conclusions.

Just ask Victoria Nuland, she knows... LOL!!!

Obviously to create a huge obstacle to slow down Ukraine's counteroffensive.

Ukraine accuses Russia of blowing up dam to put a massive natural obstacle in the way of its counteroffensive​

Possible but I don't think Russia is concerned with slowing down the spring counter-offensive.

Russia's main concern is in concentrating the Ukraine's army into a pocket of Russia's choosing. This could be the main reason why Russia may have destroyed the dam.

I don't get it, why do you try so hard to defend Putin?
Maybe on some other issue but obviously not here!
Asking questions of the forum and bringing clarity to America's war against Russia is not defending either side. Try picking your fight more where you can find some disagreement.

I don't get it, why do you try so hard to defend Putin?
Russia says:

MOSCOW, June 6. /TASS/. The Kiev regime is unable to achieve the aims of its counterattack, with its army sustaining enormous losses, State Duma Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin said on his Telegram account on Tuesday.

"It is a second day of the Kiev regime’s counteroffensive," he wrote. "No successes. The aims and objectives are unachieved. The losses are huge. The Barbarossa-2 plan has collapsed."

But what does America say on behalf of the Ukraine?

Never accept one side's propaganda!

Possible but I don't think Russia is concerned with slowing down the spring counter-offensive.

Russia's main concern is in concentrating the Ukraine's army into a pocket of Russia's choosing. This could be the main reason why Russia may have destroyed the dam.
Clearly, blowing up the dam places a huge obstacle in the way of the Ukrainian counteroffensive, but would not concentrate Ukrainian forces in one spot. Ukraine has begun offensive operations in several places along the front line, but it is still unclear which place it has chosen to concentrate its main attack. It appears Russia has decided Ukraine will try to liberate Crimea and has blown up the dam to slow done its progress.

Clearly, blowing up the dam places a huge obstacle in the way of the Ukrainian counteroffensive, but would not concentrate Ukrainian forces in one spot. Ukraine has begun offensive operations in several places along the front line, but it is still unclear which place it has chosen to concentrate its main attack. It appears Russia has decided Ukraine will try to liberate Crimea and has blown up the dam to slow done its progress.
Sure, possibly true.

Russia says: my post #8 above.

What does America say? What does Zelensky say?

The progress of the war can be gauged by America's media. The opportunities for good news won't be missed by the media. And the lack of good news tells the story that transcends the propaganda.

Is the Ukraine's counter-offensive succeeding.

The only indication I saw on last night's news was Milley being cautious and non-committal.

The answer is that we dont know. But you dont shit in your own bed so Vlad is the most likely culprit.
Good point Tommy!
But I still struggle with the question on why Russia would want to prolong the fight?

A clue could be in reports saying that Russia is very casualty conscious.

Do you have any good news reports from that side of the Atlantic?

I doubt Ukraine would bomb one of its own dams. That just seems to be Russian propaganda. It also appears to be backfiring, as the flooding mainly affected the Russian side of the river and forced their forces to pull back from their defenses in some areas. There are even reports of a Russian unit being decimated during the retreat by comrades that thought they were attacking Ukrainians.

(Had a video but the owner prevented its posting on other platforms. If interested, check out The Russian Dude on YouTube.)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back