Which republican would you vote for in 2008?

Which republican would you vote for in 2008?

• Total voters
Im not sure any of th em in particularly stand out for me. i mean i definately dont like McCain but the others arent really very appealing to me either. of course i dont know who does.. but still.

Putting another Bush on the ticket would equal wide spread destruction of whichever candidate he was on with... The country has had enough of the Bushs for a while...

Putting Jeb on the ticket would be the kiss of death. No one is going to tolerate a dynasty, particularly when the current Bush seems to be starting to be viewed as poison by his fellow repubs.

The one to watch is Rudy... note, he's the only one that gets a cross-over vote. That could carry a lot of blue states (urban area).

I would vote for Guilliani, but not if Newt were running too. I could vote for Tancredo, but he won't be on the ballot. I would not vote for McCain, I'd write in someone.

Let's see, have one guy as president for four years, then a second guy who the first guy practically adopts for 8 years, then the first guy's son ss president for another 8 years, and finally a showdown between the first guy's second son as VP and the second guy's wife for President.

Yeah, that's so not an oligarchy. Vote Jeb for VP or Hillary for President in 2008.

If Republicans are smart they will push Giuliani through the primaries. It's a win-win in the general election: He'll carry NY over Hillary (and some other blue states as well) and the nuts in the South will have no one else to vote for.

liberalogic said:
If Republicans are smart they will push Giuliani through the primaries. It's a win-win in the general election: He'll carry NY over Hillary (and some other blue states as well) and the nuts in the South will have no one else to vote for.
Which nuts, the pecans or peanuts?:dunno:

jillian said:
Putting Jeb on the ticket would be the kiss of death. No one is going to tolerate a dynasty, particularly when the current Bush seems to be starting to be viewed as poison by his fellow repubs.

The one to watch is Rudy... note, he's the only one that gets a cross-over vote. That could carry a lot of blue states (urban area).

Yes, libs said how they would make Jeb pay in 2002 for the "stolen" election in 2000. Libs brought Bill Clinton to Fl, they spent millions to defeat Jeb, Dems promised Jeb Bush would lose big.

He won by 13 points. Jeb Bush is not a kiss of death - he wopuld help seal a Republican win.

I am looking at the Electoral College. With NY and Fl there is no way the Dems can win the White House. Even with an increase in the cemetery vote, which goes 100% Democrat

Be realistic folks, this guy has ghosts in the closest. Does he really want to see them shown to the public?? Newt's time has passes, I believe. The left will thrown everything he has done, and things he didn't, but laid the groundwork for, at him.

MCain, a moderate, might have a shot now that George W has pissed off both sides of the isle, but not sure how the Lieberman effect will play on him. Trying to stradle both sides of the isle gets you in trouble these days.

Guiliani??? What would he do to the Second Amendment?? Rudy, or John, would be a hands down favorite, for me, over ANYONE, the dems could run.

Tancredo, don't know enough about this guy.

Now, open the window more,, Colin Powell??? He might be able to win against the bitch from New York. Still has some credibility. Condi Rice??,, Nope. These past two weeks have shown she is a puppet..

Working Man said:
Be realistic folks, this guy has ghosts in the closest. Does he really want to see them shown to the public?? Newt's time has passes, I believe. The left will thrown everything he has done, and things he didn't, but laid the groundwork for, at him.

MCain, a moderate, might have a shot now that George W has pissed off both sides of the isle, but not sure how the Lieberman effect will play on him. Trying to stradle both sides of the isle gets you in trouble these days.

Guiliani??? What would he do to the Second Amendment?? Rudy, or John, would be a hands down favorite, for me, over ANYONE, the dems could run.

Tancredo, don't know enough about this guy.

Now, open the window more,, Colin Powell??? He might be able to win against the bitch from New York. Still has some credibility. Condi Rice??,, Nope. These past two weeks have shown she is a puppet..

A puppet for who? Looks like she's doing her JOB to me.

Amnesty for illegal aliens is an absolute deal-breaker for conservative America. If the elitist wing of the Republican Party persists in this madness, look for a sea change in American politics. Anything could happen in '08 - anything, that is - except the Republican base caving on the immigration issue. If this party thinks it's going to finesse the electorate into accepting the obliteration of American sovereignty, its days in power are numbered - and deservedly so.

As far as Gulliani: if he could convince conservative America that he understands and respects - UNQUESTIONINGLY - the constitutional separation of powers - to wit: his personal views on social issues are utterly immaterial to faithfully executing the office of the Presidency - I might give him a listen.

The only republican I would vote for president would be Ron Paul. Not that he would get the nomination.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
The only republican I would vote for president would be Ron Paul. Not that he would get the nomination.

Let the Republican Party power brokers get their heads a little further up their asses, and who they nominate might become very unimportant, very quickly.

Ron Paul might just do some damage yet - although under whose banner is still open to question. An as yet unnamed Party, perhaps?

Forum List

Back