Which Major League Baseball World Series are some of your favorites, all-time?

I'm a die hard New York Mets fan.

Needless to say I haven't been happy in quite some time.

My Dad took us to Game #4 of the 1969 World Series at Shea Stadium. Tom Seaver, my all time favorite Met, was on the mound. The Mets took the Series in five games.

I wasn't happy again until 1986, when Mookie Wilson sent that meandering grounder through the legs of Bill Buckner at first base, allowing Ray Knight to score from second and securing the win for the Mets:

of course, the Mets went on to win Game #7, perpetuating the curse of the Bambino...

Not sure if it was my "favorite" but it was probably a seminal world series that sort of both defined the next decade or so and caused the onslaught of hitter friendly ballparks.

1985. KC Royals win against my St. Louis Cardinals.
The series pitted the so-so Royals against the juggernaut Cardinals and demonstrated that good pitching will beat good hitting every single time. The series went 7 games despite the fact that the Cardinals scored 13 runs in 7 games--counting game 7 where they lost 11-0. The pitching staffs were so great--the Royals (if you don't count game 7) scored only 17 runs. The teams that followed, at least for a few years, went with speed, pitching, and defense. Small ball. John Tudor won 20+ games that year and threw 14 complete games--10 shut outs if I recall. The MVP of the series was Brett Saberhagen who doctored the ball so much, he got an honorary degree from John Hopkins. Nah...I'm not bitter at all. LOL

Then we got Camden Yards and the floodgates were open pretty much to a different, and in my view lesser, on-field product.

I'm a die hard New York Mets fan.

Needless to say I haven't been happy in quite some time.

My Dad took us to Game #4 of the 1969 World Series at Shea Stadium. Tom Seaver, my all time favorite Met, was on the mound. The Mets took the Series in five games.

I wasn't happy again until 1986, when Mookie Wilson sent that meandering grounder through the legs of Bill Buckner at first base, allowing Ray Knight to score from second and securing the win for the Mets:

of course, the Mets went on to win Game #7, perpetuating the curse of the Bambino...

I am not a Mets fan. But the 1969 World Championship meant more to me for I was a bit younger and far less jaded and cynical as many people have become.

I'm a Cardinals fan, and my favorite World Series was the '85 series they lost to the Royals, all because of a blown call by Don Denkinger at 1B.

Except it wasn’t Denkingers call that lost the series for them,they became unraveled after that call and lost their focus and composure.If you go back and watch it,even if he makes the correct call,the cardinals could not get nobody out after that.all they needed was another out after thst yet they could not get anybody out after that.

Forum List

Back