Which Major League Baseball World Series are some of your favorites, all-time?

2002 World Series Angels beat the Giants 4-3
Best part was denying Barry 'Juice' Bonds from winning a world series

agreed. @
Yep, seeing Barry "Big Head" Bonds and his team lose WAS awesome.
Read the rest of that post and let me know your thoughts on it. The fact they beat the two teams I hated most that year,I will always love them for that,I hated the giants only cause of bonds but I will ALWAYS hate the Yankees,they represent everything that is wrong with baseball.
I read the rest of your post. I see now WHY you liked that Angels team so much. I don't dislike the Yankees as much as I used to, but I don't like them that much either. I DO kind of like Aaron Judge, he seems to be a nice kid.

2002 World Series Angels beat the Giants 4-3
Best part was denying Barry 'Juice' Bonds from winning a world series

agreed. @
Yep, seeing Barry "Big Head" Bonds and his team lose WAS awesome.
Read the rest of that post and let me know your thoughts on it. The fact they beat the two teams I hated most that year,I will always love them for that,I hated the giants only cause of bonds but I will ALWAYS hate the Yankees,they represent everything that is wrong with baseball.
I read the rest of your post. I see now WHY you liked that Angels team so much. I don't dislike the Yankees as much as I used to, but I don't like them that much either. I DO kind of like Aaron Judge, he seems to be a nice kid.
I’m with you,I don’t hate the Yankees the same way I used t but sense the name Steinbrenner is still attached to them,I will always root for the other team that plays them to win all the time with the exception of the astros,they are such a classless organization now that when the Yankees and them play in the playoffs,I can’t root for either of them cause I hate them both equally. The astros remind me of the cheatriots.i used to respect the patriots back in the 80s because That ownership was a class organization with a class owner,class coach and especially a class quarterback in Steve grogan.

Good post bluzman. :)

Dad took me to game 3 of the Pirates vs Orioles in 1971 at Three Rivers Stadium, so that's my most memorable one. Pittsburgh won the game and the Series (4-3).

Lucky dog,man you were so lucky,back in the good old days when the game was not corrupt as it is now with free agency and a time when players played with one team their whole careers and small market teams like Pittsburgh had as much a chance as big market teams like the Yankees to be in the World Series every year. God I miss those days.

Thanks to a baseball fan who suggested this idea, I present this query to you. Here are some of my favorites - 1) The 2001 World Series, mostly because I've been a fan of the D-Backs franchise since its inception. I was living in Phoenix in 2001, and it was quite a series to behold. Unfortunately I didn't have sufficient funds at the time to be able to go to any of the home games between the D-Backs and Yankees. My dad and his longtime girlfriend WERE lucky enough to attend game 2 because my dad's friend, who was VERY well off financially at the time, WAS able to purchase tickets for the game. AND they got to see and hear Ray Charles perform America, the Beautiful. 2) The 2005 World Series, this one is my second favorite because the White Sox have been MY favorite team since 1970. The White Sox pitching just obliterated the Astros' hitters throughout the series, sweeping the hapless team from Texas in four straight games. 3) The 2016 World Series, yes, the Cubs finally ended their 108 year drought! And I AM a Cubs fan, as well as a White Sox fan. I've had SO many people tell me that I CAN'T be a fan of both teams, I'd be a rich man if I collected just a dollar each time this was mentioned, and sometimes HURLED at me! Anyway, it was VERY satisfying to see the Cubs FINALLY break "The Billy Goat Curse". The Cubs ARE my third favorite team, behind only the White Sox, my #1, and the D-Backs, my #2 team. 4) The 1979 World Series, although I wasn't a fan of either team at the time, the Pirates or the Orioles, this was a great series to watch. The "We Are Family" theme adopted by the Pirates during the series was cool. AND the Pirates came back from a 3-1 game deficit, winning the last 3 games of the series, to win it. 5) The 1969 World Series, the year of those "Amazin' Mets! I believe the Orioles were HEAVILY favored to win the series. But incredible pitching and great defense in the field to bolster that pitching, scored a major upset for the Mets. It WAS truly amazing! So, here are my 5 favorites, which are some of yours?
Those people that told you that you can’t be a white sox and cubs fans at the same time are such morons. When the white sox were in the World Series in 2005 I guarantee every cubs fan in Chicago was pulling for the white sox to win because they Were all Chicago.bill Murray a die hard cubs fan first and foremost rooted for the sox in that series,does that make him a traiter,sheesh,morons.

The only time that would apply is if they faced each other in the World Series and that has never happened in the history of mankind,lol very little chance ever either the fact both have been there so seldom in a hundred year period.lol

Last edited:
Hey bluzman,have you ever seen the 1975 World Series of the reds/Red Sox series? That’s considered my most baseball enthusiasts as the most exciting of them all and who can blame them with Carlton fisks exciting 12th inning homer.in the sixth game of the series? The classic and often clip of him using his body language to make sure the ball stayed fair and WAS a homer.

Every game is on youtube,you should watch them if you have not.

The second best i would say is the 72 World Series between the reds and a,s where six out of seven of the games were all decided by one run.cant beat that,its shameful only 2 or 3 of those games were copied and preserved.

Thanks to a baseball fan who suggested this idea, I present this query to you. Here are some of my favorites - 1) The 2001 World Series, mostly because I've been a fan of the D-Backs franchise since its inception. I was living in Phoenix in 2001, and it was quite a series to behold. Unfortunately I didn't have sufficient funds at the time to be able to go to any of the home games between the D-Backs and Yankees. My dad and his longtime girlfriend WERE lucky enough to attend game 2 because my dad's friend, who was VERY well off financially at the time, WAS able to purchase tickets for the game. AND they got to see and hear Ray Charles perform America, the Beautiful. 2) The 2005 World Series, this one is my second favorite because the White Sox have been MY favorite team since 1970. The White Sox pitching just obliterated the Astros' hitters throughout the series, sweeping the hapless team from Texas in four straight games. 3) The 2016 World Series, yes, the Cubs finally ended their 108 year drought! And I AM a Cubs fan, as well as a White Sox fan. I've had SO many people tell me that I CAN'T be a fan of both teams, I'd be a rich man if I collected just a dollar each time this was mentioned, and sometimes HURLED at me! Anyway, it was VERY satisfying to see the Cubs FINALLY break "The Billy Goat Curse". The Cubs ARE my third favorite team, behind only the White Sox, my #1, and the D-Backs, my #2 team. 4) The 1979 World Series, although I wasn't a fan of either team at the time, the Pirates or the Orioles, this was a great series to watch. The "We Are Family" theme adopted by the Pirates during the series was cool. AND the Pirates came back from a 3-1 game deficit, winning the last 3 games of the series, to win it. 5) The 1969 World Series, the year of those "Amazin' Mets! I believe the Orioles were HEAVILY favored to win the series. But incredible pitching and great defense in the field to bolster that pitching, scored a major upset for the Mets. It WAS truly amazing! So, here are my 5 favorites, which are some of yours?
Those people that told you that you can’t be a white sox and cubs fans at the same time are such morons. When the white sox were in the World Series in 2005 I guarantee every cubs fan in Chicago was pulling for the white sox to win because they are Were all Chicago.bill Murray a die hard cubs fan first and foremost rooted for the sox,does that series,does that make him a traiter,sheesh,morons.

The only time that would apply is if they faced each other in the World Series and that has never happened in the history of mankind,lol very little chance ever either the fact both have been there so seldom in a hundred year period.lol
I believe they DID meet in the World Series in the early 1900's. I'll look it up.

Hey bluzman,have you ever seen the 1975 World Series of the reds/Red Sox series? That’s considered my most baseball enthusiasts as the most exciting of them all and who can blame them with Carlton fisks exciting 12th inning homer.? The classic and often clip of him using his body language to make sure the ball stayed fair and WAS a homer in

The second best i would say is the 72 World Series between the reds and a,s were six out of seven of the games were all decided by one run.cant beat that,its shameful only 2 or 3 of those games were copied and preserved.
I saw SOME of that World Series, and I DID see the Fisk home run live. What a moment that was!

Those people that told you that you can’t be a white sox and cubs fans at the same time are such morons. When the white sox were in the World Series in 2005 I guarantee every cubs fan in Chicago was pulling for the white sox to win because they Were all Chicago.bill Murray a die hard cubs fan first and foremost rooted for the sox in that series,does that make him a traiter,sheesh,morons.

The White Sox and the Cubs DID meet in the 1906 World Series, won by the White Sox, 4 games to 2. It's the only time they faced each other in the World Series.

Hey bluzman,have you ever seen the 1975 World Series of the reds/Red Sox series? That’s considered my most baseball enthusiasts as the most exciting of them all and who can blame them with Carlton fisks exciting 12th inning homer.? The classic and often clip of him using his body language to make sure the ball stayed fair and WAS a homer in

The second best i would say is the 72 World Series between the reds and a,s were six out of seven of the games were all decided by one run.cant beat that,its shameful only 2 or 3 of those games were copied and preserved.
I saw SOME of that World Series, and I DID see the Fisk home run live. What a moment that was!
By live,do you mean you saw it live on tv when it happened? Lucky dog,I forgot to mention it was the sixth game of the series.

In bringing up the sixth game of that series,I got to point out proof that whitey herzog was the most overrated clown manager ever sense somebody once mentioned him as a good manager.

When the royals came back from a three to one deficit to win the World Series against the cardinals The sixth game being pivotal for them to do so coming back to win In the 9th inning in dramatic fashion,The white rat whitey herzog said “it’s over,there’s no way we can win the World Series now after that umpire blew it.” Lol

If your own leader of the team is pessimistic and negative,how does he expect everybody else to be positive? Comedy gold.

A Kansas City best writer after pointing that out,also pointed out that was in complete contrast with how Pete rose a leader,reacted after the sixth game loss to the Red Sox,he kept his players up refusing to let them get down and kept their confidence up.

See basketball is really the only sport of the three where you HAVE to have a good coach for a team to be good,baseball and football,not the case T all,just got to have the talent.

Herzog just inherited great players his time with ther royals and cards.

By live,do you mean you saw it live on tv when it happened? Lucky dog,I forgot to mention it was the sixth game of the series.

In bringing up the sixth game of that series,I got to point out proof that whitey herzog was the most overrated clown manager ever sense somebody once mentioned him as a good manager.

When the royals came back from a three to one deficit to win the World Series against the cardinals The sixth game being pivotal for them to do so coming back to win In the 9th inning in dramatic fashion,The white rat whitey herzog said “it’s over,there’s no way we can win the World Series now after that umpire blew it.” Lol

If your own leader of the team is pessimistic and negative,how does he expect everybody else to be positive? Comedy gold.

A Kansas City best writer after pointing that out,also pointed out that was in complete contrast with how Pete rose a leader,reacted after the sixth game loss to the Red Sox,he kept his players up refusing to let them get down and kept their confidence up.

See basketball is really the only sport of the three where you HAVE to have a good coach for a team to be good,baseball and football,not the case T all,just got to have the talent.

Yep, I saw it live ON TV, I wasn't AT the game.

Hockey is another sport where I think the head coach plays a big part in a team's success. Of course talent helps tremendously. There are SO many little things a hockey coach has to be thinking about, constantly. Which players to put on the ice on the same shift, how long to leave players out there, and on and on. It can't be an easy job.

Hockey is another sport where I think the head coach plays a big part in a team's success. Of course talent helps tremendously. There are SO many little things a hockey coach has to be thinking about, constantly. Which players to put on the ice on the same shift, how long to leave players out there, and on and on. It can't be an easy job.
Agreed.yeah it’s also a mind game like basketball similar as well in the fact it’s also constant action going on all the time and I figured that’s what you meant by seeing it live,was on tv as it happened,still that’s impressive.

That so much hacks me off that only a couple games of one of the very best And most exciting World Series the 72 A’s and reds that only a couple of those World Series games were preserved.i don’t know why the jerks won’t releases them all.you know they have them.

Btw I find myself coming back to all these baseball threads you created so I can talk about the good old days when the game was fun to watch before the owners ruined it all and it was not corrupt as it is now,same with the NFL.

The last one I truly enjoyed was the 2001 Series when Randy Johnson and the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in 7.

Not that I wanted the Yankees to lose but following 9/11, just getting our minds off of it, like life was still gonna be normal from then on.

The last one I truly enjoyed was the 2001 Series when Randy Johnson and the Diamondbacks beat the Yankees in 7.

Not that I wanted the Yankees to lose but following 9/11, just getting our minds off of it, like life was still gonna be normal from then on.
That indeed was one of the most exciting series and it was especially satisfying to me especially seeing the Yankees lose,they represent everything that’s wrong with baseball.

My 5+1 favorite World Series

1-1995 Braves vs Indians
2-1977 Yankees vs Dodgers
3-1978 Yankees vs Dodgers
4-1957 Braves vs Yankees
5-1969 Mets vs Orioles

6-1972 A's vs Reds

My 5+1 favorite World Series

1-1995 Braves vs Indians
2-1977 Yankees vs Dodgers
3-1978 Yankees vs Dodgers
4-1957 Braves vs Yankees
5-1969 Mets vs Orioles

6-1972 A's vs Reds
Just wondering BigDave did you happen to see any of the games of the 72 World Series? If so,was it in real life or just on tv?

Being a Miami Resident I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the under dog Marlins beating the over-rated Yankees
2003 World Series
The 2003 World Series was the championship series of Major League Baseball's 2003 season. The 99th edition of the World Series, it was a best-of-seven playoff between the National League champion Florida Marlins and the American League champion New York Yankees; the Marlins upset the heavily-favored Yankees, four games to two.

2011 Cardinals vs Rangers...who knew David Freese was capable of a performance like that??

Forum List

Back