Which is it........Soda, Pop, or "Coke"?

I learned to make wonderful organic naturally carbonated ginger beer. Not only yummy but loaded with health benefits! Same skill applied to homemade root beer.

If you're ever in Pueblo CO, stop at the Shamrock Brewing Company. Not only is it a great place to eat, but they make their own beer (which has some really great varieties), and best of all, they make their own root beer, and it's made with honey, not sugar. Stuff tastes even better than the old A&W rootbeer from the 70's (old timers will know what I'm talking about).

Best part? You can buy a "growler" (1/2 gal. glass jug) for a fair price and take it home with you. Bring the growler back, and they will refill it for cheap.

I guess I have thoroughly reverted to South Dakota dialect. It's pop.

Talking to my next door neighbor about her garden, it came out "muskmelon" with no conscious effort at all.

If you're ever in Pueblo CO, stop at the Shamrock Brewing Company. Not only is it a great place to eat, but they make their own beer (which has some really great varieties), and best of all, they make their own root beer, and it's made with honey, not sugar. Stuff tastes even better than the old A&W rootbeer from the 70's (old timers will know what I'm talking about).

Best part? You can buy a "growler" (1/2 gal. glass jug) for a fair price and take it home with you. Bring the growler back, and they will refill it for cheap.
One of the highlights of summer vacation in Orange, CA was to walk with a bunch of my neighborhood friends to the local A&W and grab lunch and either a large mug of root beer or a root beer float.

Soda and Pop are general names. In the South, when we say Coke, we are talking about a specific brand. Maybe the rest of the country can't remember brand names?

I'm in Tennessee. When I say Coke, I mean Coca-Cola. I am not even a fan of Coke, usually ordering Pepsi, if they have it. If somebody says bring back some Cokes, I pick up a 6-pack of Coca-Cola.
Y U no RC Cola and a Moon Pie?

32057f5c262c409fb8a556cdb00ffede.jpg

I saw an older gent in the store the other day. He was telling his granddaughter that she could get RC if she couldn't find Coke. She said "What's RC" LOL, I just walked away smiling. I prefer Royal Crown.
I prefer Coke, but RC's alright by me!
Coke>RC>Pepsi

Forum List

Back