Which is it........Soda, Pop, or "Coke"?

I was a Dr. Pepper drinker until they completely fucked it up in 1970.

A few years ago, I discovered that Virgil's made a very close facsimile of the old Dr. Pepper, called "Dr, Better", but it disappeared from the shelves only about a year after I started drinking it.\

I used to like Dr. Pepper also. Is this another example of the high fructose corn syrup thing? I cannot understand why anybody would screw with a good product. If real sugar is the problem, just raise the price and sell me what I like.

I used to like Dr. Pepper also. Is this another example of the high fructose corn syrup thing? I cannot understand why anybody would screw with a good product. If real sugar is the problem, just raise the price and sell me what I like.
Often, Mexican restaurants will carry Jarritos soda--a Mexican export. When they do, they often have Coke too. It will be in the old returnable bottles. We have a couple restaurants in this area that carry it. If you have an ethnic foods store, they may carry it as well.

I quit buying coke when they went woke. I don't notice a difference when Sam's Choice is mixed with Crown.

I stopped buying Coke when they swtiched the recipe during that scam/sham smokescreen they had in the 80's with "New Coke".

Thats when they replaced the original recipe for Coke with the "New Coke" recipe..........my tastebuds can tell.

I was a Dr. Pepper drinker until they completely fucked it up in 1970.

A few years ago, I discovered that Virgil's made a very close facsimile of the old Dr. Pepper, called "Dr, Better", but it disappeared from the shelves only about a year after I started drinking it.\

Dr Pepper changed a couple of recipe ingredients some years back to cheaper artificial alternatives. They didn't want to, but some of the ingredients of the original recipe were getting very expensive. And to keep from hiking the price of the drink up, they opted to just switch to alternatives for some of the flavorings.

I still drink it though. It's always been my favorite, next to TAB. But they don't make that anymore. I would have stopped buying TAB anyway, because it's made by Coke and since they went woke AND extremely racist.....I stopped buying ANY of their products. I tend to stay with Dr Pepper/Snapple products.

Dr Pepper changed a couple of recipe ingredients some years back to cheaper artificial alternatives. They didn't want to, but some of the ingredients of the original recipe were getting very expensive. And to keep from hiking the price of the drink up, they opted to just switch to alternatives for some of the flavorings.

I still drink it though. It's always been my favorite, next to TAB. But they don't make that anymore. I would have stopped buying TAB anyway, because it's made by Coke and since they went woke AND extremely racist.....I stopped buying ANY of their products. I tend to stay with Dr Pepper/Snapple products.
Interesting. In what way, did Coke become Racist? I don't even remember the controversy if there was one. Maybe it was back when I worked for a living.

Interesting. In what way, did Coke become Racist? I don't even remember the controversy if there was one. Maybe it was back when I worked for a living.

You must have had your head buried in your work then.......for two years.

Coke went FULL BLOWN woke and racist.
They hired this psypathic, mentally deragned bitch to make company wide "training" videos on "How NOT to be White", how being "white" was heinous and detremental to people.

The news broadcast this almost 24/7 for two years.

Youtube has removed the training video, so I can't even post it on here.

But here's some info on it.

au contraire! In Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, when we say "Coke" we mean any soda. If I am going to the store and you say "Bring me a coke", I will ask "What kind?".

Yep...Here in Texas as well for the most part.
If ya want a Big Red ya ask for one,if you dont specify you'll get a Coke.
They will say we only have Pepsi which makes me ask what else they have.
I remember back in the day when it was RC Cola.

Often, Mexican restaurants will carry Jarritos soda--a Mexican export. When they do, they often have Coke too. It will be in the old returnable bottles. We have a couple restaurants in this area that carry it. If you have an ethnic foods store, they may carry it as well.

The Mexican Coke is sweetened with sugar. In the US it is sweetened with corn syrup.

If I do buy a coke, it will be theme icon version.

au contraire! In Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, when we say "Coke" we mean any soda. If I am going to the store and you say "Bring me a coke", I will ask "What kind?".

If you ask if anybody wants a Coke, they have to specify what kind of soda they want........otherwise they get an actual Coke to drink.......or whatever is onhand that resembles a Coke.

Dr Pepper is an quired taste for more sophisticated palates. :p

In the North and far West, it's Soda.
In the North Midwest it's Pop.
In the South it's "Coke".

So...............which is it?

coke-pop-soda.jpg
I call it coke even though I hardly drink it.

With my type two diabetes I've cut my Cokes down to a minimum.
Usually one of those 7.5 oz ones every couple days.
We dont have them in Texas anymore but I sure miss the Mellow Yellows!!
I order a 12 pack and it lasts me a long time!!!
But once I crack it open it's gone in short order.

It was smaller Coke bottles. I swear it seemed to taste better

That wasn't your imagination, Coke really does taste better in glass bottles, the smaller the better. I'm not sure why. Small bottles taste best, then big glass bottles, then cans, and finally, 2 liter plastic jugs are the worst. Shame really as glass is super stuff, totally inert, and infinitely recyclable! If we are so hoped up on green eco, I can't think of anything better than a return to glass containers instead of those horrid plastic containers that just get thrown out in the trash polluting the environment.

.I was a Dr. Pepper drinker until they completely fucked it up in 1970.

Interesting. What did they do to Pepper? It was OK, but I was never a big fan, maybe that is why.

But the best ever cola IMO was 'Josta' made with Guaraná, but the damn bastards stopped making it despite massive protests and campaigns to bring it back. Stuff was incredible.

https://d25dq49bl9ge29.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/16101944/Discontinued-90s-Food-Rewrite-CA-9.png

Interesting. What did they do to Pepper? It was OK, but I was never a big fan, maybe that is why.

But the best ever cola IMO was 'Josta' made with Guaraná, but the damn bastards stopped making it despite massive protests and campaigns to bring it back. Stuff was incredible.

https://d25dq49bl9ge29.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/16101944/Discontinued-90s-Food-Rewrite-CA-9.png

I don't know what they did with Dr. Pepper but suddenly it tasted like library paste. You know, that stuff they let us use in kindergarten.

My research finds that HFCS was first used in the early 70's. Maybe that's it. Whatever it was, I could definitely taste it.

Wow! Guarana! That's a better kick that caffeine!

Forum List

Back