Zone1 Which God?

Meaty post, thanks.
Clearly you have a reprobate mind and God has given up on you........cast you away to the confines of your own fate. You attempt to blame God for man's Lawlessness? And you say you don't believe, yet you are forced to access the word of God in order to attempt to prove some mistranslated doctrine? Funny indeed. You are responsible........no one else. Man up.
Of course I'm responsible, there is no one else. If God created man as you believe, is this the best he could do? You may believe the OT and NT are the words of God but I see very human minds behind it. It contains, besides mistranslations, typos, transposed sections, added or altered sections, etc. Very human.

(to be continued...)

I simply presented the Truth as its found in scripture
1. Sin is defined by God as being "lawless" -- 1 John 3:4 (there was only ONE law when Adam allowed sin to enter the world by becoming the first "lawless human being", do not eat of the tree of knowledge or you will surely die..........Sin is not defined by one's ignoracne or intelligence (it was the tree of knowledge that made Adam and Eve aware of good and evil, it gave the knowledge to know both good and evil) -- Genesis 3:22)
If Adam didn't know good from evil how was he expected to know that listening to God was good and disobeying was bad?

Which begs to ask. Just where do you receive your opinions as to what consitutes evil and what constitutes good.......those traits could not have evolved because morality does not exist in nature?
My morality comes from my family, my experience, my reasoning, and my culture. Morality does exist in nature, it is just generally different from ours, or so we like to think.

Reality; Religion is where morality was gestated.
Which religion was that? In many religions children were sacrificed, killing people outside the clan was expected, etc.

Abortion? Funny...ain't it. All those who attempt to rationalize abortion as anything but the killing of an innocent gestating human life.....HAVE ALREADY BEEN BORN. :abgg2q.jpg:

What about Abortion? You present the opinion that Abortion is not evil? Yet God defines the spilling of innocent blood as an Abomination (Prov. 6:16-19).........now, can you explain how an unborn child has no blood flowing through its gestating flesh? Uniqure blood with it own DNA signature, different and unique as the only ONE IN THE WORLD......even different from either parent. To sin........one must enage in lawlessness. Explain how an unborn child is charged with lawlessness of any type might alone found guilty of any lawlessness....the unborn should be allowed the same right as those already born, a right to live once created. Creation begins at conception.
You're certainly welcome to your view but mine is different. In mine, being human is more than having a unique combination of DNA, it is having the attributes of a human that no other animal possesses. Those attributes reside in our brains, not in our DNA. That is why I, and I suspect most people, would be OK with taking a comatose patient with no brain activity off life support and letting them die, unique DNA and all.

God in no different from the O.T to the N.T. The record found in the O.T is a historical record of one nation, a nation that God husbanded.......meaning the O.T. law was for 1 nation only, not any other nation on earth. That One Nation was Biblical Israel who was bound to live and die by the Law of Moses........by the letter of the law. This record contains the Good, the Bad, and Ugly, there is no skeleton left for discovery in some hidden closet.........God inspired the whole record to print, simply because there is a record does not mean that God endorsed or agreed with everything recorded.
I thought God instructed Joshua and the Israelis to kill every living creature in Jericho. Sounds ugly to me.

God did declare that the Old Law (written on stone) would come to an end........it was only temporary and would be replaced by a New Law......or a N.T. covenant, one written on the heart of the faithful instead of on stone (Jer. 31:31-34).....and this New Covenant would include the entire world, not just Israel.

Its YOUR IGNORANCE in not even attempting to search for truth yourself.......that makes you think that God has Changed when in reality..........only the Law has changed in order to conclude the entire world (all of humanity). God had a plan all along to fulifll His promises made to Abraham...........to BLESS ALL NATIONS by the seed of Abraham. (Gen. 12:1-4).

Even though the O.T. was inspired by the same God, the same Holy Spirit........it defines a God-given rule of law expressly for only one nation on earth.......none other, no gentile has ever been bound by O.T. law (Deut. 5:2-3, Neh. 9:13-14) Only Biblical Israel. The O.T. law had a purpose and design by God. It was a law guiding and controlling Biblical Israel until the "Messiah" would come and fulfill the promise made to Abraham and with the coming Messiah there was a changing of the law from Law written on Stone (literal) to law written on the hearts of the faithful (spiritual).....a Law of Grace where the Messiah would become sin Himself (1 Cor. 5:21), even though He would come to earth as the Son of Man........born of a woman, born under the law, yet without sin.........Jesus became sin and made the perfect sacrifice......he died for all mankind. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son......(John 3:16). The sacrifice of Jesus, the Son of God.......mirrored the sacifice God asked of Abraham (to sacrifice his son) to prove his faith to God. God stayed his hand when his faith was demonstrated...........yet, God allowed the sin of the world to come upon His only begotten son to the point of death. God demonstrated His faith toward mankind and His love.........in the hope that all men might be saved by coming to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:3-4)
Sorry but I'm not impressed by the sacrifice of God's son. He suffered for a day but never really died, at least not for long. Many suffer for years. Also, it was God that determined the need for a sacrifice and then paid it to himself.

Happy birthday atheist.png

This country was not founded on Christianity or anything else. There was no restrictions placed on anyone. There were great lengths taken to keep god out of it.
The references do not include how the country should be run. They really only make it sound good for the believers.

In the 1600s every colony had religious strife. The Quakers, Huguenots, Anabaptists, etc couldn't stand each other and wouldn't do business with each other.

A favorite challenge/throwdown by atheists is "Which God?", giggle, giggle.

I compiled the first answer I have ever seen. Please offer your suggestions
to add.

Which God?

“In God We Trust” – The Motto of the United States, found on every coin and every bill of currency

“God and My Right” – The Motto of Great Britain

Nature’s God, cited in America’s Declaration of Independence:

“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. “

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

“We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by the Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, . . . .And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.”

The U.S. Constitution was signed as follows:

“Done in convention by the unanimous consent of the states present the seventeenth day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty seven and of the independence of the United States of America the twelfth.”

Named in the Supreme Court Opening Prayer: “God bless this honorable court”.

“No human society has ever been able to maintain both order and freedom…apart from the moral precepts of the Christian religion applied and accepted by all the classes.” – John Jay, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and Founding Father

“The Christian religion, in its purity is the basis and the source of all genuine freedom in government.” – Noah Webster

“The general principles on which the Fathers achieved independence were the only principles in which that beautiful assembly of young gentlemen could unite …the general principles of Christianity.” – John Adams

“If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.” – Daniel Webster

“Our Constitution was made only for a religious people. It is wholly inappropriate for the government of any other.” - John Adams

The consensus of humanity, as Christians constitute the largest group in the world. Consensus is relentlessly cited as “proof” of Darwinian evolution, as “proof” of climate change, but strangely it is pooh-poohed by those consensus folks when it comes to Christianity.

The Holy Bible is the best-selling book of all time.

"I say unequivocally that the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that it compels acceptance by proof which leaves absolutely no room for doubt!" - Sir Lionel Luckhoo, listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the most successful attorney in history

“If you were to take the sum total of all authoritative articles ever written by the most qualified of psychologists and psychiatrists on the subject of mental hygiene--if you were to combine them and refine them and cleave out the excess verbiage if you were to take the whole of the meat and none of the parsley, and if you were to have these unadulterated bits of pure scientific knowledge concisely expressed by the most capable of living poets, you would have an awkward and incomplete summation of the Sermon on the Mount. And it would suffer immeasurably through comparison. For nearly two thousand years the Christian world has been holding in its hands the complete answer to its restless and fruitless yearnings. Here . . . rests the blueprint for successful human life with optimum mental health and contentment.” - A Few Buttons Missing: The Case Book of a Psychiatrist, by James T Fisher

Oxford University 1096 :

“The Lord is my light”

Harvard 1650:

Whereas
through the good hand of God…

Brown University 1764:

Motto: In Deo Speramus, Latin for “In God We Trust”

Princeton University

Motto: “Dei sub numine viget”, Latin for “Under God’s Power She Flourishes”

University of Pennsylvania

“…hoping through the favour of Almighty God,”

"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries." ~Dr. Robert Jastrow

“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1, validated by science only in the 20th Century
There is only 1 God-The Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--Few know him.

There is only 1 God-The Abrahamic God= a single being God=YHWH(Jehovah)--Few know him.

I beg to differ. Hundreds of millions know Him. Hundreds of millions.
Christianity is the largest organization on earth.
The Bible is the best-selling book in history with good reason.

I beg to differ. Hundreds of millions know Him. Hundreds of millions.
Christianity is the largest organization on earth.
The Bible is the best-selling book in history with good reason.

no -

1671890029027.png

they keep their distance for a reason ... to let those that claim them show their true colours - c e.

And, regardless of which God, the 1st amendment still forbids any state religion.
Even with your amended to hell constitution, your religion tests for politicians are quite apparent and that is why it is hard to elect a non-believer in your country.

If your country does not recognized it's faults, it will not fix them.

Too bad your education levels are dropping.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back