Where would you rank Donald Trump on the list of greatest US Presidents? Best? Worst? Average??

No one is forcing you into a union. I don't know what needs to happen but ever since the Republican war on the middle class the middle class has shrunk considerably

Survey Finds 42% of Americans Will Retire Broke — Here’s Why

Why aren't people saving enough?

Americans Say They Don’t Make Enough to Save Money for Retirement
To find out why Americans aren’t saving, GOBankingRates conducted a separate survey through Survata. We asked more than 1,000 adults with $0 saved, “Which is the main reason you do not have any retirement savings?” Respondents could choose one of the following responses:

– I don’t make enough money to save
– I won’t need retirement savings
– I’m prioritizing paying down debt
– Job doesn’t offer a plan
– Struggling to pay bills
– Used money for an emergency

The most common reason respondents gave for not saving for retirement was “I don’t make enough money.” About 40 percent chose this response. The second-most common reason for not saving was “I’m struggling to pay bills,” with about 25 percent of respondents choosing this answer.

About 10 percent of respondents said they wouldn’t need retirement savings, they used their savings for an emergency and their job doesn’t offer a retirement plan. The least common reason for not saving for retirement was prioritizing paying down debt.

When Obama was President you guys said this was his fault. Now who's fault is it? And what do you plan to do about it? Or are you going to go back to what you were saying when Bush was president. "you spend too much, go get a better job or start your own business if you aren't making enough money". Republicans rhetoric on this subject was a lot different when Obama was president.

I'll say what I said a long time ago, back when Reagan was President, we need to learn to live within our means. So you can play blame games all you want, I don't.

But that's not what the articles I'm posted are saying. They're saying people aren't making enough. And even you guys were saying this when Obama was president. And it was his fault you said. But any ideas we have for fixing the problem are met with cries of communism or class envy arguments.

You can't deny you guys blamed Obama because you just did it earlier. You said it widened on his watch. So what should he have done about it?

But interestingly today you can't seem to blame Trump or Republicans for this wealth gap. Instead you have reverted back to your Bush era arguments that if you are struggling, it's only your fault.

Stop blaming people who don't make enough for not saving enough. They can't. They don't have it as good as you did. Don't you get that?

Even Trump was playing the same game you are playing now before he became president. On every problem the middle class was having Trump would tweet:

Donald J. Trump
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

11:01 AM - 8 Nov 2013

Who is “you guys” because I didn’t blame Obama. I said live with in your means.

But America’s retirement crisis wasn’t created because of character flaws or personal irresponsibility. The truth is that many people are just not earning enough money. They barely have enough to cover their daily expenses; they don’t have enough left over to be able to save.

The 2017 nominal median income per capita was $31,786. The mean income per capita was $48,150.

Kind of hard for a couple raising a kid today to save money when they are only making $50K a year. I'm single with no kids making $90-$110K and it's not like I have stockpiles of money. I don't know how people make it. Not with kids.

Oh well, this stuff isn't negatively affecting me now so I don't know why I care so much. Actually I don't. I come here for fun.
No one is forcing you into a union. I don't know what needs to happen but ever since the Republican war on the middle class the middle class has shrunk considerably

To find out why Americans aren’t saving, GOBankingRates conducted a separate survey through Survata. We asked more than 1,000 adults with $0 saved, “Which is the main reason you do not have any retirement savings?” Respondents could choose one of the following responses:

The most common reason respondents gave for not saving for retirement was “I don’t make enough money.” About 40 percent chose this response. The second-most common reason for not saving was “I’m struggling to pay bills,” with about 25 percent of respondents choosing this answer.

About 10 percent of respondents said they wouldn’t need retirement savings, they used their savings for an emergency and their job doesn’t offer a retirement plan. The least common reason for not saving for retirement was prioritizing paying down debt.

When Obama was President you guys said this was his fault. Now who's fault is it? And what do you plan to do about it? Or are you going to go back to what you were saying when Bush was president. "you spend too much, go get a better job or start your own business if you aren't making enough money". Republicans rhetoric on this subject was a lot different when Obama was president.

I'll say what I said a long time ago, back when Reagan was President, we need to learn to live within our means. So you can play blame games all you want, I don't.

But that's not what the articles I'm posted are saying. They're saying people aren't making enough. And even you guys were saying this when Obama was president. And it was his fault you said. But any ideas we have for fixing the problem are met with cries of communism or class envy arguments.

You can't deny you guys blamed Obama because you just did it earlier. You said it widened on his watch. So what should he have done about it?

But interestingly today you can't seem to blame Trump or Republicans for this wealth gap. Instead you have reverted back to your Bush era arguments that if you are struggling, it's only your fault.

Stop blaming people who don't make enough for not saving enough. They can't. They don't have it as good as you did. Don't you get that?

Even Trump was playing the same game you are playing now before he became president. On every problem the middle class was having Trump would tweet:

Donald J. Trump
Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

But America’s retirement crisis wasn’t created because of character flaws or personal irresponsibility. The truth is that many people are just not earning enough money. They barely have enough to cover their daily expenses; they don’t have enough left over to be able to save.

The 2017 nominal median income per capita was $31,786. The mean income per capita was $48,150.

Kind of hard for a couple raising a kid today to save money when they are only making $50K a year. I'm single with no kids making $90-$110K and it's not like I have stockpiles of money. I don't know how people make it. Not with kids.

Oh well, this stuff isn't negatively affecting me now so I don't know why I care so much. Actually I don't. I come here for fun.

I didn't say anything about character flaws, didn't say anything about personal irresponsibility. I said live with in your means. Don't borrow money for a new car when a used one will do. Don't live in a $400000 new house when a $200000 will do. You don't need all the latest gadgets, the $500 tennis show, the $120 jeans. Live simple, stay out of bad debt. Save and then spend, don't spend and figure out how to pay for it later.

Sorry but yes you are saying something about character flaws and personal responsibility when you said what you said. You are saying the people who don't make enough to save are not saving enough because they are spending too much. That's attacking them and putting the blame on them.

And we are talking about the masses. The masses who aren't saving enough don't borrow money for a new car, don't live in an expensive house and don't have all the latest gadgets.

I remember the last time Republicans like you made the arguments you are making today. It was during the great recession when the masses were struggling. You attacked their character flaws (uneducated or low skilled workers) and said they didn't save for an emergency.

Sorry but I used to think you were somewhat intelligent but now I either think you are pretending to be ignorant or you really are a dope.

Aren't you comfortably retired? Probably why you can afford to be stuck int he 80's.

Good luck forcing people into unions, they have a bad reputation anymore. They should arrest and prosecute all those that employ illegals and need to send the illegals back since they can provide no income to them or their families.

Donald J. Trump

Maybe they can get a "small loan"....like a Million Dollars from their Dad like the Dick in Chief did?

Not according to Republicans that are going to vote for him again in 2020. Amazing scientist predictions in 2016....not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump

I didn't say anything about character flaws, didn't say anything about personal irresponsibility. I said live with in your means. Don't borrow money for a new car when a used one will do. Don't live in a $400000 new house when a $200000 will do. You don't need all the latest gadgets, the $500 tennis show, the $120 jeans. Live simple, stay out of bad debt. Save and then spend, don't spend and figure out how to pay for it later.

Sorry but yes you are saying something about character flaws and personal responsibility when you said what you said. You are saying the people who don't make enough to save are not saving enough because they are spending too much. That's attacking them and putting the blame on them.

And we are talking about the masses. The masses who aren't saving enough don't borrow money for a new car, don't live in an expensive house and don't have all the latest gadgets.

I remember the last time Republicans like you made the arguments you are making today. It was during the great recession when the masses were struggling. You attacked their character flaws (uneducated or low skilled workers) and said they didn't save for an emergency.

Sorry but I used to think you were somewhat intelligent but now I either think you are pretending to be ignorant or you really are a dope.

Aren't you comfortably retired? Probably why you can afford to be stuck int he 80's.

You mean like blaming the spike in the national debt on SS and Medicare....after just giving a giant give away to the wealthy? The GOP lives to blame the poor and disadvantaged....it is their Happy Place.

Add to this he's the first President to not only talk about border security, but to actually do something about it despite today's Liberals fighting for open borders.

Today he named Tom Homan as Immigration Czar. LOL It'll be HAIR ON FIRE now, in the tard camp. LOL

Add to this he's the first President to not only talk about border security, but to actually do something about it despite today's Liberals fighting for open borders.

Today he named Tom Homan as Immigration Czar. LOL It'll be HAIR ON FIRE now, in the tard camp. LOL
Actually, super dupers, Democrats are not for open borders, pass the 2010 comprehensive Democratic immigration bill with an ID card that would actually stop this mess. As opposed to your ridiculous wall that won't do a damn thing...

Actually, super dupers, Democrats are not for open borders, pass the 2010 comprehensive Democratic immigration bill with an ID card that would actually stop this mess. As opposed to your ridiculous wall that won't do a damn thing...
And go after illegal employers not immigrants. As long as we have illegal employers illegal immigrants will come

Not according to Republicans that are going to vote for him again in 2020. Amazing scientist predictions in 2016....not.

You can't fix Stupid....
Actually, ignorant and brainwashed. Most will not watch anything but Fox and the radio demagogues...

All the experts were wrong last time, remember? Great YouTube video, Trump can’t win. Most dims watch about 4 minutes of local fake news.

Donald J. Trump

Donald J. Trump

Good grief, prove they don't make enough. You have no idea how much people make, what they spend or what they spend it on, you are just saying they can't, that is your silly issue.

Donald J. Trump

Maybe they can get a "small loan"....like a Million Dollars from their Dad like the Dick in Chief did?

You are not the President dummy!

Forum List

Back