Where is the Tea Party?

Now they're called GOPs and getting their asses ready for the electric chair.

McCarthy is now worried about the debt. Are you surprised? Democratic president means republicans change into fiscal hawks
You’re not trying to claim Democrats and our president stand for reducing debt, are you?

I would claim Democrats are pretty consistent in the tax rate and spending they want.

Republicans swing wildly on debt depending on the party of the President
They are consistent, they want to spend more, more, more! Dems want to spend as much as they can. I’m just happy the Dems lost the House, otherwise we’d be at another $6 trillion spending bill.

I don’t mind Biden as President as long as Congress is held by the GOP.

They are consistent, they want to spend more, more, more! Dems want to spend as much as they can. I’m just happy the Dems lost the House, otherwise we’d be at another $6 trillion spending bill.

I don’t mind Biden as President as long as Congress is held by the GOP.

You got me there!

Democrats want to tax and spend
Republicans want to cut taxes and spend

Which creates more debt?

You’re not trying to claim Democrats and our president stand for reducing debt, are you?

The national debt has only went downward a few times in the last 100+ years. Under Clinton a couple of times and once under Trump. Clinton is the most fiscally conservative president in over a century. I'm not sure why fiscal conservatives passed on Hillary. I think it has to do with Hillary's militant far left stance on abortion. I really wish Hillary would have pretended to have no opinion on abortion. She could have gave us two or more years of reduced debt. Democrats have an ugly brand. I'm not sure why they don't steer away from their far left kooks.

Clinton had a surplus before bush got us in 2 wars and cut taxes on the rich. If republicans cared about debt they would have paid off the debt instead they gave corporations and rich people tax breaks. Chaney said debt doesn’t matter remember?

Clinton had a surplus before bush got us in 2 wars and cut taxes on the rich. If republicans cared about debt they would have paid off the debt instead they gave corporations and rich people tax breaks. Chaney said debt doesn’t matter remember?
Layoffs started in the summer of 2000 and led to a recession in March of 2001, Bush was in Office less than 245 days, Clinton handed Bush a troubled economy, then on September 11, 2021. Not excusing Bush or blaming Clinton as they have little effect on the economy. Your scenario is quite different in reality.

Clinton also had to work with a Republican House that would not let him spend, similar to today. Clinton and Gingrich worked together to get the deficit down, but it should have went down because we were in a prosperous economy because of the dot com boom.

A lot of positives can come out of working together.

Layoffs started in the summer of 2000 and led to a recession in March of 2001, Bush was in Office less than 245 days, Clinton handed Bush a troubled economy, then on September 11, 2021. Not excusing Bush or blaming Clinton as they have little effect on the economy. Your scenario is quite different in reality.

Clinton also had to work with a Republican House that would not let him spend, similar to today. Clinton and Gingrich worked together to get the deficit down, but it should have went down because we were in a prosperous economy because of the dot com boom.

A lot of positives can come out of working together.
Recessions come to every president. How do they recover?

Do they slowly add jobs to the economy for 80 months in a row like Obama did? Not giving rich people and corporations more tax breaks so they will hire more people? I like this approach.

Bush gave tax breaks and deregulated to spin the economy. Obama and Clinton didn’t do those things. They also didn’t have any recessions aside of the bush one Obama had to clean up.

Remember republicans said obamas 80 straight months of adding jobs wasn’t good enough. Look at gdp. Trump promised 4,5,6% growth. After his massive tax break he did .001% better than Obama then claimed best economy ever.

Recessions come to every president. How do they recover?

Do they slowly add jobs to the economy for 80 months in a row like Obama did? Not giving rich people and corporations more tax breaks so they will hire more people? I like this approach.

Bush gave tax breaks and deregulated to spin the economy. Obama and Clinton didn’t do those things. They also didn’t have any recessions aside of the bush one Obama had to clean up.

Remember republicans said obamas 80 straight months of adding jobs wasn’t good enough. Look at gdp. Trump promised 4,5,6% growth. After his massive tax break he did .001% better than Obama then claimed best economy ever.
Presidents don’t control the economy, so If they all had recessions, how do you hold them solely responsible for the recovery?

Clinton signed a bill to end the Glass-Steagall Act, so he did deregulate, Obama did cut taxes, more than Bush, it was targeted to help reduce the tax burden on the middle class but he did cut more in taxes than Bush.

Trump made promises he couldn’t keep as did Obama, and I believed none of them, did you?

Republicans just added $1.5 trillion to debt and gave it to billionaires
Not a peep
Apples & Oranges

The Tea Party vs. the Republican Party (wannabe Demwit Party) are two different animals. The Constitution Party was the “Tea Party” before the Tea Party was cool.

Unfortunately, patriotic, conservative, fiscally responsible Americans are now in the minority. We continue to fight a losing battle, knowing that America's political cancer is too entrenched to cut out or heal. Nevertheless, the Constitution Party is an alternative for that small handful of Americans who still give a crap about America.

Clinton did not have a surplus. Besides, presidents don’t control spending.

Corporations don’t pay taxes. They pass that cost on to the consumer.

Cuts in tax rates caused a massive increase in revenues flowing in to government. Debt is caused by overspending.

The national debt has only went downward a few times in the last 100+ years. Under Clinton a couple of times and once under Trump. Clinton is the most fiscally conservative president in over a century. I'm not sure why fiscal conservatives passed on Hillary. I think it has to do with Hillary's militant far left stance on abortion. I really wish Hillary would have pretended to have no opinion on abortion. She could have gave us two or more years of reduced debt. Democrats have an ugly brand. I'm not sure why they don't steer away from their far left kooks.
A president doesn’t control spending. That is the job of the congress.

Forum List

Back