Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?

Shelves float in the ocean. Back in the middle 1850's mariners were able to sail almost three hundred miles further south than they can now.

Funny how climatologists hide that fact.

Hmm. The world was warmer in the recent past, and catastrophe didn't happen.
Those floating shelves anchor the landed glaciers that feed them.

Never heard about mariners of the 1850s. Got a link?

The world was both warmer and colder in the past. Which period are you talking about?

The climate is natural too. Mankind hasn't got the power to increase the temperature of the globe.

We just don't.
What is that based on? We influence many natural things.
Only at the local level. At the global level we can maybe cool the world down by blowing enough crap into the air, but we have ZERO ability to warm the planet.

That is simply beyond our ability.
Again that is based on nothing but your limited imagination. We might be able to put some charcoal into the stratosphere where it could absorb the sun's heat instead having it reflected back to space by clouds.
Why would you want to cool the planet when we are in the middle of an ice age?
Any change will be a disaster.
Is that what you truly believe? A disaster?

How much would you say the temperature changes during the year where you live?
I'm not worried about the weather, only about the climate. Sea level would have to rise only a small amount before Florida essentially disappeared.

Watts Up With That?

Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

April, 2021

Excerpt:

I listed some of the following in my previous post, and a commenter said they were important enough to deserve a post on their own … I agree.

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, to date nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

global-climate-deaths-per-mil-mine-square.png

LINK for a lot more charts

=====

I posted this very article in another forum two months ago to see that after 13 pages of replies not a single counterpoint answer comes against it by warmist/alarmists. Their replies are evasive goal post moving and totally laughable.

:laughing0301:
I visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated by many kilometers since man got there, mostly in the past 100 years. This story is common around the world. If all the glaciers melt sea level will rise and our low-lying lands, where most people live, will be inundated.

Walking is cheap. It's not like they will wake up tomorrow and be under 10 feet of seawater.
NYC just spent $1 billion to secure a part of Manhattan from flooding. How many cities can afford even that much?
You do realize that the sea level is 26 feet below the peak sea level of the last interglacial cycle, right?

You know back before the age of man.
That is not where we built our cities though, is it?
There are a lot of drowned cities, more are being discovered, so yes the rising sea levels in the early interglacial covered them over.

Doggerland

The people then adapted with sea ;level rise that was much faster than todays tiny yearly rise.

Your ignorance is hurting you badly.
Small fluctuations in climate can have huge impacts on man. Some of the migrations of the Huns and Turks were spurred by drought. They changed European history.

The climate is natural too. Mankind hasn't got the power to increase the temperature of the globe.

We just don't.

But you don't specify what they are and YOU keep ignoring Post one, could it be because you have no answer to the Question.....

:cool:

SATELLITE IMAGES REVEAL ICE SHELF PROTECTING ANTARCTIC GLACIER IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE

A critical Antarctic glacier is looking more vulnerable as satellite images show the ice shelf that blocks it from collapsing into the sea is breaking up much faster than before and spawning huge icebergs, a new study says. The Pine Island Glacier’s ice shelf loss accelerated in 2017, causing scientists to worry that with climate change the glacier’s collapse could happen quicker than the many centuries predicted. The floating ice shelf acts like a cork in a bottle for the fast-melting glacier and prevents its much larger ice mass from flowing into the ocean.

It is pathetic when your source ignores the active VOLCANO that is under part of the Pine Island glacier, similar with Thwaties glacier.

The ignorance and your shallow link is scary to behold since this was news a few years ago.....

Meanwhile still no climate emergency to show........
Why does the cause matter? If the ice sheet collapses it is a “Climate Emergency” in my book.

Because leftists are using the fraud of climate change to implement draconian wealth stealing laws to enrich the wealthy, and impoverish the middle class

Look up what it meant to be a serf in the middle ages, and then compare that to what it would be like to live under the green new deal.

Watts Up With That?

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

April, 2021

Excerpt:

I listed some of the following in my previous post, and a commenter said they were important enough to deserve a post on their own … I agree.

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, to date nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

global-climate-deaths-per-mil-mine-square.png

LINK for a lot more charts

=====

I posted this very article in another forum two months ago to see that after 13 pages of replies not a single counterpoint answer comes against it by warmist/alarmists. Their replies are evasive goal post moving and totally laughable.

:laughing0301:
I visited Iceland and saw a glacier that had retreated by many kilometers since man got there, mostly in the past 100 years. This story is common around the world. If all the glaciers melt sea level will rise and our low-lying lands, where most people live, will be inundated.

Walking is cheap. It's not like they will wake up tomorrow and be under 10 feet of seawater.
NYC just spent $1 billion to secure a part of Manhattan from flooding. How many cities can afford even that much?
You do realize that the sea level is 26 feet below the peak sea level of the last interglacial cycle, right?

You know back before the age of man.
That is not where we built our cities though, is it?
There are a lot of drowned cities, more are being discovered, so yes the rising sea levels in the early interglacial covered them over.

Doggerland

The people then adapted with sea ;level rise that was much faster than todays tiny yearly rise.

Your ignorance is hurting you badly.
Small fluctuations in climate can have huge impacts on man. Some of the migrations of the Huns and Turks were spurred by drought. They changed European history.

Not really. Once again, that is computer derived fiction.

There is no historical data to support the claim.

The opposite is however supported by factual historical data.

Really? Climate is ALWAYS changing. It is never static. That is amazingly anti science of you.
True. Should we ignore it or prepare for it?

Preparing is fine. Destroying the middle class doesn't prepare you for anything though.

In fact it makes the cure far worse than the sickness.

We just don't.
Only at the local level. At the global level we can maybe cool the world down by blowing enough crap into the air, but we have ZERO ability to warm the planet.

Again that is based on nothing but your limited imagination. We might be able to put some charcoal into the stratosphere where it could absorb the sun's heat instead having it reflected back to space by clouds.
Really? Climate is ALWAYS changing. It is never static. That is amazingly anti science of you.
And we always have had floods, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, etc. Should we ignore those too?

How do you prevent an earthquake? Or a volcanic eruption?

We just don't.

But you don't specify what they are and YOU keep ignoring Post one, could it be because you have no answer to the Question.....

SATELLITE IMAGES REVEAL ICE SHELF PROTECTING ANTARCTIC GLACIER IS ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE

A critical Antarctic glacier is looking more vulnerable as satellite images show the ice shelf that blocks it from collapsing into the sea is breaking up much faster than before and spawning huge icebergs, a new study says. The Pine Island Glacier’s ice shelf loss accelerated in 2017, causing scientists to worry that with climate change the glacier’s collapse could happen quicker than the many centuries predicted. The floating ice shelf acts like a cork in a bottle for the fast-melting glacier and prevents its much larger ice mass from flowing into the ocean.

It is pathetic when your source ignores the active VOLCANO that is under part of the Pine Island glacier, similar with Thwaties glacier.

The ignorance and your shallow link is scary to behold since this was news a few years ago.....

Why does the cause matter? If the ice sheet collapses it is a “Climate Emergency” in my book.
That's not caused by climate you moron! It's geology.

We just don't.

I'm not worried about the weather, only about the climate. Sea level would have to rise only a small amount before Florida essentially disappeared.

Define small amount and see where you are wrong.

We just don't.

That's not caused by climate you moron! It's geology.

The moron ignores the fact that temperatures in the region doesn't come close to being able to melt all that ice mass, it is too cold to have much impact. The water is definitely warmer and with the erupting volcano he appears to be ignoring the heat contribution to the underlying part of the glacier.

Yes it is largely geology of the region making a significant impact on the ice mass. Massive ice shelves exist despite water temperature being 28 degrees F and warmer, a clear sign of strong ice growth coming from the mainland.

We just don't.

That is NOT an example of climate emergency, you are failing badly here since you haven't made a case for it at all.

We just don't.

You're allowed to this believe ... but scientifically you're wrong ... climatology is the study of weather averages, and these averages are best calculated over 100 year time intervals minimum ... we can calculate these averages over shorter periods, but they're statistically irrelevant ...

The problem with your claim is you have zero evidence that the West Antarctic ice sheet has collapsed before ... when it should have in the past 10,000 to 20,000 year time frame ... the Washington Scablands were formed about the same time, and evidence of this event is abundant and obvious throughout the entirety of Eastern Washington State ... thousands of square miles of evidence ... yet for your world-wide catastrophic tsunami we have nothing ...

You seem to be speaking out of fear:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

We just don't.

If you were worried about the climate you would have taken the time to understand why the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet and why that is relevant to today.

So I think you are more worried about weather than climate.

We just don't.

Because leftists are using the fraud of climate change to implement draconian wealth stealing laws to enrich the wealthy, and impoverish the middle class

Look up what it meant to be a serf in the middle ages, and then compare that to what it would be like to live under the green new deal.
But what if it is NOT a fraud and climate change turns out to be real? I see the options as:
  1. Climate change is real and we do nothing: suffering and disaster on a global scale, including our heirs
  2. Climate change is real and we do everything reasonable to combat/mitigate it: suffering and disaster on a local scale (developed countries would be spared the worst of it)
  3. Climate change is fake or exaggerated and we do nothing: we played Russian Roulette with our children and won
  4. Climate change is fake or exaggerated and we do everything reasonable to combat/mitigate it: costly but insurance always is.
Personally, I'm good with either 2 or 4, the lives of my children and grandchildren are worth a lot to me.

We just don't.

But what if it is NOT a fraud and climate change turns out to be real? I see the options as:
  1. Climate change is real and we do nothing: suffering and disaster on a global scale, including our heirs
  2. Climate change is real and we do everything reasonable to combat/mitigate it: suffering and disaster on a local scale (developed countries would be spared the worst of it)
  3. Climate change is fake or exaggerated and we do nothing: we played Russian Roulette with our children and won
  4. Climate change is fake or exaggerated and we do everything reasonable to combat/mitigate it: costly but insurance always is.
Personally, I'm good with either 2 or 4, the lives of my children and grandchildren are worth a lot to me.

It will only cost the USA $78 Trillion to allow China to continue to be the world's leading emitter of CO2

What's the problem?

We just don't.

And we always have had floods, earthquakes, volcanos, tornados, etc. Should we ignore those too?
How do you prevent an earthquake? Or a volcanic eruption?
There may be options in the future, but today you build your homes strong enough to withstand an earthquake and listen for volcanic eruptions.

We just don't.

5. a 3,000 meter sheet of ice covers all of Canada and parts of the US, Europe and Asia.

We just don't.

5. a 3,000 meter sheet of ice covers all of Canada and parts of the US, Europe and Asia.
That falls under either 1. or 2. Which do you advocate?

Forum List

Back