Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?

I can all but guarantee you that we are living on borrowed time and sooner or later eventually, we will be BEGGING for man made global warming.

View attachment 593179

Maybe carbon will replace gold as the new standard. :smoke:

What peoples like alang perceive as climate change is mainly just the natural movement of wet, dry, hot, and cold regions moving about. One century, a place is a lush plain. A few centuries later, it starts changing to a desert. Happens all the time. Meantime, it gets wet somewhere else. Only now, we have enough instruments, science, and fearsome libs around to document it all for their next research proposal.

Totally and completely wrong.
It is NOT weather and "the natural movement of the wet, hot and cold regions moving about".
They have correlated the Antarctic ice cores and fossilized trees.
They can tell the global temperature somewhat from animal fossils as well.
Such as there being woolly mammoths during the ice age, and none now.

Look at your own graph.
It clearly shows ice age cycles about 110,000 years apart.
They are very consistant.
And they go back even further.
About 12 all together.

Nope just would make warmer winters, spring, summer and fall

The warming of winter, spring, summer, and fall, over the entire planet, IS GLOBAL WARMING.
When the sun is hotter, that is NOT weather.
That is climate.
And it is global, not local.

Nope just would make warmer winters, spring, summer and fall

The warming of winter, spring, summer, and fall, over the entire planet, IS GLOBAL WARMING.
That is climate.
That was the end of the little ice age. And look how long ago the vast majority of the melting occurred.

The world operates on a time scale vastly slower than our pitiful lives. Things that began hundreds of years ago won't reach their finish for hundreds more.

Hell, the last ice age ended 11,000 years ago and the continents are STILL rebounding from the weight of the continental ice sheets.

What is called the "little ice age" was not really an ice age at all, and is not at all like a real ice age in duration or cause.
The little ice age.

{...
The Little Ice Age saw some glacial spreading, but the cooling trends do not appear to have been a synchronized global event. During the estimated period, different areas got colder at different times. Initially, it was thought this only happened in the Northern Hemisphere, but still existing ice gives us evidence that is not the case. The cooling began some time around 1350 and lasted until 1850. However, there is no consensus on the start date. It could have been as late as 1650.
No matter when it began or ended, the Little Ice Age did happen. The problem is that no one is quite sure why. Several possible explanations have been presented, and, of course, more than one may have been responsible for the event. In other words, one major factor could have changed the climate or it could have been several small factors combined. The results of the cooling are undeniable. People left behind records like maps, art and writings that clearly show freezing, glacial movement and snow when and where they should not have been. New York Harbor froze enough to be walked across, the Thames froze a few times, people were pushed off their land by glaciers (imagine that) and even the freezing of Niagara Falls in 1911 may have been due to some residual cooling. The Little Ice Age influenced a lot of things, but what influenced it?

Lower CO2 Emissions​

Volcanoes​

Orbit​

Slowed Thermohaline Circulation​

...}

That is climate.
What if only regions warmed, still warmer winter spring, summer and fall.
I’m still wondering how everyone goes to global when there’s absolutely no evidence

What if only regions warmed, still warmer winter spring, summer and fall.
I’m still wondering how everyone goes to global when there’s absolutely no evidence

If only some regions warm because other regions got colder, that is just weather.
It is not global climate.
but we know the 110.000 year long ice age and warming cycles were global climate change, not weather.

Totally and completely wrong.
It is NOT weather and "the natural movement of the wet, hot and cold regions moving about".
They have correlated the Antarctic ice cores and fossilized trees.
They can tell the global temperature somewhat from animal fossils as well.
Such as there being woolly mammoths during the ice age, and none now.

Look at your own graph.
It clearly shows ice age cycles about 110,000 years apart.
They are very consistant.
And they go back even further.
About 12 all together.

Eleanor, you must think I just woke up and fell off the turnip truck or something and don't know anything about the earth's cycles and processes having studied both astronomy and physics for over 50 years.

Eleanor, you must think I just woke up and fell off the turnip truck or something and don't know anything about the earth's cycles and processes having studied both astronomy and physics for over 50 years.

Wrong.
Ice age and warming cycles that are 110,000 years long are not due to astronomy or physics.
They are due to biology.
Remember the earth originally had a methane and ammonia atmosphere.
Photo bacteria converted the original methane and ammonia into CO2, N2, and O2.
But that was very early on.
Then the earth when though the Paleaozoic and Mesozoic Eras.
Then something changed, and we started having regular ice age and warming periods on a regular basis.
From ice cores, fossils, etc. it was determined that it was plants.
When they do well, they use up too much atmospheric carbon, causing the earth to lose more heat.
Then the plants die from the cold, decay, release their carbon back to the atmosphere, and it repeats.
The reason they take so long is there is positive feedback.
Once it is colder, the additional snow and ice reflects solar heat more, so it gets even colder.
But some people think it is all astronomical, and is the Milankovitch cycle.
{...
Milankovitch cycles are the collective effect ofchanges in the Earth's movements upon itsclimate, named after Serbian civil engineer andmathematician Milutin Milanković. Theeccentricity, axial tilt, and precession of theEarth's orbit vary in several patterns, resultingin 100,000-year ice age cycles of theQuaternary glaciation over the last few millionyears. The Earth's axis completes one full cycleof precession approximately every 26,000 years.At the same time, the elliptical orbit rotates,more slowly, leading to a 21,000-year cyclebetween the seasons and the orbit. In addition,the angle between Earth's rotational axis and thenormal to the plane of its orbit moves from 22.1
...}

Remember the earth originally had a methane and ammonia atmosphere.
Photo bacteria converted the original methane and ammonia into CO2, N2, and O2.
But that was very early on.
Then the earth when though the Paleaozoic and Mesozoic Eras.
Then something changed, and we started having regular ice age and warming periods on a regular basis.
That all pretty much began with the Cryogenian Ice Age which soon lead us into the Avalon Explosion, the precursor of the Cambrian.

From ice cores, fossils, etc. it was determined that it was plants.
When they do well, they use up too much atmospheric carbon, causing the earth to lose more heat.
Then the plants die from the cold, decay, release their carbon back to the atmosphere, and it repeats.
The reason they take so long is there is positive feedback.
Once it is colder, the additional snow and ice reflects solar heat more, so it gets even colder.
But some people think it is all astronomical, and is the Milankovitch cycle.
Like I said, it is a big, complex picture.

Watts Up With That?

Where Is The “Climate Emergency”?​

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach

April, 2021

Excerpt:

I listed some of the following in my previous post, and a commenter said they were important enough to deserve a post on their own … I agree.

Despite my asking over and over in a host of forums, to date nobody has been able to tell me just what this supposed “CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!” actually is and where I might find evidence that it exists. Here are some facts for the folks that think that the climate is a real danger to humanity.

Deaths from climate-related phenomena are at an all-time low. If you think deaths from climate-related catastrophes are an emergency, please point in the graph below to the start of the “emergency”.

global-climate-deaths-per-mil-mine-square.png

LINK for a lot more charts

=====

I posted this very article in another forum two months ago to see that after 13 pages of replies not a single counterpoint answer comes against it by warmist/alarmists. Their replies are evasive goal post moving and totally laughable.

:laughing0301:
1) Climate change becomes an emergency only when there is not enough grant $$$$$ to study the emergency.

2) Where I live we often experience mild climate change daily, but for the most part where I live we experience a climate change emergency four times per year.

3) Back in 1968/69 the FEAR was global cooling & an impending return of another ice age in the 1970's. This went hand in hand with the FEAR of over population along with the FEAR of global crop failures & FEAR of starvation due to the impending ice age right around the corner. By the time Expo 74(1st environmental fair) was up & running the FEAR was shifting towards global warming because the great ice age of the 70's had burnt out.

Maybe when you get all the turnips picked out of your ears ... you can explain the output waveform of a capacitor with an AC input ... and then if you care compare that to the ice core data waveform over the past 500,000 years ...

1) Climate change becomes an emergency only when there is not enough grant $$$$$ to study the emergency.

2) Where I live we often experience mild climate change daily, but for the most part where I live we experience a climate change emergency four times per year.

3) Back in 1968/69 the FEAR was global cooling & an impending return of another ice age in the 1970's. This went hand in hand with the FEAR of over population along with the FEAR of global crop failures & FEAR of starvation due to the impending ice age right around the corner. By the time Expo 74(1st environmental fair) was up & running the FEAR was shifting towards global warming because the great ice age of the 70's had burnt out.

That's because the demofks never heard the planet has axis' and it tilts. Two Solstices a year. I bet they don't know that word either. The Northern Hemisphere is affected by those two days more than the southern hemisphere. Again, facts the demofks know nothing about. Or that there are actual behaviors that shift Vortexes. ewwwwwwwww.

If only some regions warm because other regions got colder, that is just weather.
It is not global climate.
but we know the 110.000 year long ice age and warming cycles were global climate change, not weather.
well, that's all that ever happens. The Solstice ensures all of that. It's crazy the earth spins and tilts and hence blows any climate discussion into the toilet. Polar Vortexes do the same thing. Know what happens when all that happens, it creates chaos around the hemisphere it happens in. Mostly the northern one. Shit, even Ocean currents create chaos, completely oblivious to time of season. To say anything about climates changing is a fantasy until there are no more cycles of winter, spring, summer, fall, and that's not possible due to the spin, tilt and the Solstices.

That all pretty much began with the Cryogenian Ice Age which soon lead us into the Avalon Explosion, the precursor of the Cambrian.

Like I said, it is a big, complex picture.

Ok, I can't argue that it is not a big complex picture.
But without bringing in everything, we can still be sure that MORE greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, must retain more planetary HEAT.

So then the only things up for discussion is how much is too much, and when do we reach the point when something has to be done?

Since we know the earth is supposed to be starting the cooling part of the 110,000 year long, repeating cycle of history, and it is instead warming and ocean levels increasing, then there is reason for concern.

Nor does is seem as if this is just small local noise.
The out of place warming appears to be accelerating and very consistent, correlating to the 5 trillion tons of carbon we add to the atmosphere every year.

Local changes in temperature, moisture, wind, etc., is NOT climate but weather.
Climate is the average of all weather.
A local anomaly is not climate, but just weather.
Climate is the whole planet.

The 1968 prediction of global cooling was NOT a fear and was about the normally predicted 110,000 year long cycle.
We were happy about the 1968 cooling prediction.
If you notice, colder areas produce more fish, food, etc., because there is more moisture falling.
Fishing fleets do not go to the equator.
They go to the poles.

The global warming predictions are over a 110,000 year long cycle, but a violation of this cycle in a super condensed revision that may happen in less than 100 years from now.
That is entirely different, and not based on just theoretical models.
The global temperatures have been measured to be quickly rising and polar ice rapidly melting, causing ocean rise.

R.a6c0fe32e3ee216d587a354ed7e80ff4

Maybe when you get all the turnips picked out of your ears ... you can explain the output waveform of a capacitor with an AC input ... and then if you care compare that to the ice core data waveform over the past 500,000 years ...

Yes, it is similar to an RCL circuit, and does have combinations of positive and negative feedback.
But the normal oscillation is over 110,000 years, so adding 5 trillions tons of carbon every year, that reduces the ability of incoming solar radiation to escape the upper atmosphere layer into space, is going to rapidly make a big difference.
The incoming solar radiation is so huge, that any small tweak in the % retained, is going to rapidly accumulate.
And carbon at the boundry layer to space, converts photonic radiation into vibratory heat that can no longer leave the planet.
Vibratory heat can only move by conduction, and space can't conduct.
So that energy is insulated and trapped to the atmosphere.

That's because the demofks never heard the planet has axis' and it tilts. Two Solstices a year. I bet they don't know that word either. The Northern Hemisphere is affected by those two days more than the southern hemisphere. Again, facts the demofks know nothing about. Or that there are actual behaviors that shift Vortexes. ewwwwwwwww.

No, the change is not from axis tilt, precession, nutation, or orbit excentricities.
The atmosphere tends to neutralize local concentrations.
For example, if not for the atmosphere retaining heat, the whole planet would be about 100 degrees colder, and nights would be about 50 degree colder than day time.

What you have to understand is that the whole planet is like a greenhouse.
Solar radiation entering the atmosphere is photonic, but is absorbed and reradiated or conducted by the atmospheric gases, at different frequencies than the original incoming.
And that energy that is reradiation or conducted can not leave as easily as it came in.
So a portion is retained.
The % retained depends on the % of greenhouse gases at the outer peripheral layer of the atmosphere.

When you change the % of greenhouse gases at the peripheral layer of the atmosphere, the heat retained is not instantaineous.
It takes time to reach equilibrium.
So there is a chance we have already doomed the planet, similar to the runaway positive feedback on Venus, where all the open water evaporated and that massively increase the amount of heat retained.

well, that's all that ever happens. The Solstice ensures all of that. It's crazy the earth spins and tilts and hence blows any climate discussion into the toilet. Polar Vortexes do the same thing. Know what happens when all that happens, it creates chaos around the hemisphere it happens in. Mostly the northern one. Shit, even Ocean currents create chaos, completely oblivious to time of season. To say anything about climates changing is a fantasy until there are no more cycles of winter, spring, summer, fall, and that's not possible due to the spin, tilt and the Solstices.

Nope.
Again you are ONLY describing weather, and this has NOTHING at all to do with weather, seasons, axis tilt, etc.
See the previous post on greenhouse gas retention of solar heat, that is not dependent at all upon weather, seasons, axis tilt, etc.

Maybe when you get all the turnips picked out of your ears ...
Why, you need them shoved back up your ass for safe keeping?

you can explain the output waveform of a capacitor with an AC input ...
Capacitors generally resist (filter) changes in voltage on a sinusoidal or changing input or are used as a buffer to isolate and or store energy to maintain equanimity of some voltage rail.

and then if you care compare that to the ice core data waveform over the past 500,000 years ...
We get what? Lots of little icy capacitors? :71:

But without bringing in everything, we can still be sure that MORE greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, must retain more planetary HEAT.
You would think so, assuming all else remains equal, which is itself, a false assumption. Co2 is a very weak, trace, greenhouse gas, essential to the planet which the Earth has had in far greater and far lower amounts at various times.

So then the only things up for discussion is how much is too much, and when do we reach the point when something has to be done?
And that is unknowable to us at present in any other way than to just GUESS.

Since we know the earth is supposed to be starting the cooling part of the 110,000 year long, repeating cycle of history, and it is instead warming and ocean levels increasing, then there is reason for concern.
Wrong. We DON'T know that. Every cycle is different with different peaks. All we can say for sure is that we are near the end of the current warm peak that has already lasted longer than most and that eventually, we will start dipping into the next glaciating period. That could be 50 years from now, 500 years from now or not occur for another 10,000 years.

No, the change is not from axis tilt, precession, nutation, or orbit excentricities.
The atmosphere tends to neutralize local concentrations.
For example, if not for the atmosphere retaining heat, the whole planet would be about 100 degrees colder, and nights would be about 50 degree colder than day time.

What you have to understand is that the whole planet is like a greenhouse.
Solar radiation entering the atmosphere is photonic, but is absorbed and reradiated or conducted by the atmospheric gases, at different frequencies than the original incoming.
And that energy that is reradiation or conducted can not leave as easily as it came in.
So a portion is retained.
The % retained depends on the % of greenhouse gases at the outer peripheral layer of the atmosphere.

When you change the % of greenhouse gases at the peripheral layer of the atmosphere, the heat retained is not instantaineous.
It takes time to reach equilibrium.
So there is a chance we have already doomed the planet, similar to the runaway positive feedback on Venus, where all the open water evaporated and that massively increase the amount of heat retained.
Are you saying winter isn’t wile the tilt moves the northern hemisphere away from sunlight? Removing heat? You can’t be that ignorant that the summer solstice doesn’t affect the northern hemisphere’s climate? Naw you can’t be saying that.

Forum List

Back