Where does the GOP go from here??

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
The election is over. Joe Biden and the Democrats are back in charge in Washington DC. Much like President Obama, Joe Biden has been careful to fill his cabinet and department heads with experienced professionals, with very little legal or political baggage, leaving Republican lawmakers little choice but to confirm them.

As Republicans adjust to their diminished stature in Washington, and with Trump facing an avalanche of legal and financial woes, the once powerful GOP is now consumed by infighting over the party’s future, with opposing factions in open disagreement about how to deal with the rising tide of extremism on the right that grew out of Donald Trump’s presidency. Finger pointing, name calling and disagreements between GOP RINO's such as Mitch McConnell and Trump loyalists have left the party fractured and demoralized. To make matters worse for the GOP, Joe Biden and the Democrats are now 8 - 10 points more popular with voters than during the best days of Trump's reign

So - Where does the GOP go from here??

Last edited:
Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do

Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party.

Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.

Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do. Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party. Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.
I hope he does run. I predict he doesn't even come close to winning. His continued influence will only lead to even more division in the party. Why do I care? While I may not agree with them on many things, I don't want a one-party state either.

The election is over. Joe Biden and the Democrats are back in charge in Washington DC. Much like President Obama, Joe Biden has been careful to fill his cabinet and department heads with experienced professionals, with very little legal or political baggage, leaving Republican lawmakers little choice but to confirm them.

As Republicans adjust to their diminished stature in Washington, and with Trump facing an avalanche of legal and financial woes, the once powerful GOP is now consumed by infighting over the party’s future, with opposing factions in open disagreement about how to deal with the rising tide of extremism on the right that grew out of Donald Trump’s presidency. Finger pointing, name calling and disagreements between GOP RINO's such as Mitch McConnell and Trump loyalists have left the party fractured and demoralized. To make matters worse for the GOP, Joe Biden and the Democrats are now 8 - 10 points more popular with voters than during the best days of Trump's reign

It's tough Bill. Until something is done about those voting machines what'

Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do. Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party. Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.
I hope he does run. I predict he doesn't even come close to winning. His continued influence will only lead to even more division in the party. Why do I care? While I may not agree with them on many things, I don't want a one-party state either.

he was a stimulus check away and joe is senile so i wouldn't be so confident

It's tough Bill. Until something is done about those voting machines what'
What's the point . Mail in fraud on top of them machines. Pointless.

he was a stimulus check away and joe is senile so i wouldn't be so confident.
What does this have to do with Joe? We're not worshipping tin gods here. Whoever the Dem candidate is in '24, they'll be much better for the country than Trump. After a four years of a president who'd rather divide than unite, the bar has been set very low for Biden or whomever.

What does this have to do with Joe? We're not worshipping tin gods here. Whoever the Dem candidate is in '24, they'll be much better for the country than Trump. After a four years of a president who'd rather divide than unite, the bar has been set very low for Biden or whomever.

Did you not see the primary we just had?

What do you mean what does this have to do with Joe/

None of the others are stronger candidates than joe and joe barely won

Hopefully they go away forever.

The party in power usually loses seats in congress. Look for the GOP to be winning back the house and senate in up coming elections.

The press and AOC will continue to either find stories, or manufacture them, that makes the GOP look bad, that is, ones they hate like Ted Cruz. Then those in the GOP will sit around crying saying they are sorry.

Then Trump will later finish them off by calling out people in the GOP who need outed, followed by telling voters in the GOP their votes don't really count and probably staring another party that will further divide voters, that is, those that still vote.

So see, it's not so bad.

There's just no freakin' way to know. It seems pretty clear that the party is under the complete control of one man (we've seen this before in world history), and that the traditional Republicans are on the outside looking in. McConnell tried to straddle the whole mess and Trump (characteristically) kicked him in the nuts. So that's not gonna happen.

At this moment it seems like the traditional Republicans have to decide if they're going to do what's best for the party and bend over for Trump, or if they're going to do what's best for the country and stick to their principles and run third party if they get primaried out.

Trump is a given. This whole thing is about him. So now it's up to the rest of the party to make a choice: Play the game or rip off the scab. If I had to guess, I'd guess it would be the former.

Last edited:

When Dems are in full control of the government, all we have to do is let them fuck everything up like they always do.
3126EF54-0C38-4C56-825D-F62B31D78EAC.jpeg

Did you not see the primary we just had/ What do you mean what does this have to do with Joe? None of the others are stronger candidates than joe and joe barely won.
As far as I'm concerned it's not about Joe, because I'm not a worshipper of any person as a savior. I want a president I can trust to try and bring the country together. I'm sure more and more people will realize it as we de-tox from 4+ years of being harangued by a narcissistic demagogue.

The party in power usually loses seats in congress. Look for the GOP to be winning back the house and senate in up coming elections.
The operative word here is 'usually'. All bets are off, if there's a civil war going on in the party.
If there is a "civil war" in the GOP it will be a very short one decided in the primaries. Trump converted the GOP from the Chamber of Commerce's "globalist - China First" party to the "Populist - America First" party. In 2020 the CofC and the AFL-CIO teamed up to beat Trump, and elected Xiden.
Xiden is a job killing machine. Now the democrats are the "China First -Globalist" party.
Energy jobs got hit first. Now Joe has "open borders" so there will be even more people looking for fewer jobs.

in 2022 mid-terms the GOP will take the House back. Then in 2024 it will be Kamala against a non-Trump Republican.
By that time the energy woes will kick-in and the GOP will be back in the driver's seat. No worries about the GOP. The democrats will be having their own "civil war" between "the squad" and moderates.

The operative word here is 'usually'. All bets are off, if there's a civil war going on in the party.
If there is a "civil war" in the GOP it will be a very short one decided in the primaries. Trump converted the GOP from the Chamber of Commerce's "globalist - China First" party to the "Populist - America First" party. In 2020 the CofC and the AFL-CIO teamed up to beat Trump, and elected Xiden.
Xiden is a job killing machine. Now the democrats are the "China First -Globalist" party.
Energy jobs got hit first. Now Joe has "open borders" so there will be even more people looking for fewer jobs.

in 2022 mid-terms the GOP will take the House back. Then in 2024 it will be Kamala against a non-Trump Republican.
By that time the energy woes will kick-in and the GOP will be back in the driver's seat. No worries about the GOP. The democrats will be having their own "civil war" between "the squad" and moderates.
Decided in the primaries? What if the loser decides on an independent run? As the months go on more and more people will realize how we've been basically abused for the last 4 years and Trump's popularity in the party will drop from the current 70+% to 50% or less. Given that, there exists and existential dilemma for the party. The almost 30% of those with anti-Trump feelings in the party will only grow, as fearless Republicans like Gov. Hogan of MD and others battle for the soul of the party.

Forum List

Back