Where does the GOP go from here??

Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do. Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party. Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.
I hope he does run. I predict he doesn't even come close to winning. His continued influence will only lead to even more division in the party. Why do I care? While I may not agree with them on many things, I don't want a one-party state either.
he was a stimulus check away and joe is senile so i wouldn't be so confident.
What does this have to do with Joe? We're not worshipping tin gods here. Whoever the Dem candidate is in '24, they'll be much better for the country than Trump. After a four years of a president who'd rather divide than unite, the bar has been set very low for Biden or whomever.
Did you not see the primary we just had/ What do you mean what does this have to do with Joe? None of the others are stronger candidates than joe and joe barely won.
As far as I'm concerned it's not about Joe, because I'm not a worshipper of any person as a savior. I want a president I can trust to try and bring the country together. I'm sure more and more people will realize it as we de-tox from 4+ years of being harangued by a narcissistic demagogue.
Right, you worship the party. That's how Marxists role. So you don't give a damn what Joe does so long as he is loyal to the party, however, if he stops being loyal to the party, then all of a sudden you have an active interest in finding fault.

That's why Trump was just fine so long as he was a democrat giving millions to arse hole democrat politicians like Schumer and company, but as soon as he decided to run against the party he became a KKK member overnight.

Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do

Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party.

Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.

Trump has a 70% approval rating in the Republican Party because everyone who doesn’t approve of him has left, and they’re not coming back. The party is much much smaller than when Trump first ran. Not to mention, they primary everyone who so much as criticizes Trump. There’s not much incentive for people who don’t like Trump to be members of the rep
Republican Party.

To get back in power, Republicans are going to have to do a whole lot more than simply hate on Democrats.

I strongly suspect that the media you’re currently consuming is going to be facing stringent rules about truth in broadcasting in the coming years. Fox News in particular, has a long sad history of promoting Republican lies and conspiracy theories on the air.

One only need remember Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Fox promoted endless lies about Benghazi, blaming Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the deaths there.

Fox could be in real danger of losing its license if it doesn’t clean up his act with the lies and conspiracy theories. Of course the Dominion lawsuit may knock them back a bit.

No television network or news service with a borderline “questionable” rating on fact checking should be allowed to keep its license. The FCC should be should be requiring minimum standards of truth and facts from those who have national broadcast licenses.

Trump has a 70% approval rating in the Republican Party because everyone who doesn’t approve of him has left, and they’re not coming back. The party is much much smaller than when Trump first ran. Not to mention, they primary everyone who so much as criticizes Trump. There’s not much incentive for people who don’t like Trump to be members of the rep
Republican Party.

To get back in power, Republicans are going to have to do a whole lot more than simply hate on Democrats.

I strongly suspect that the media you’re currently consuming is going to be facing stringent rules about truth in broadcasting in the coming years. Fox News in particular, has a long sad history of promoting Republican lies and conspiracy theories on the air.

One only need remember Benghazi! Benghazi! Benghazi! Fox promoted endless lies about Benghazi, blaming Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama for the deaths there.

Fox could be in real danger of losing its license if it doesn’t clean up his act with the lies and conspiracy theories. Of course the Dominion lawsuit may knock them back a bit.

No television network or news service with a borderline “questionable” rating on fact checking should be allowed to keep its license. The FCC should be should be requiring minimum standards of truth and facts from those who have national broadcast licenses.
Perhaps that is why the life long democrat Trump ran in the first place.

1613913884127.png

Nothing has changed people, they do not consume they same media you do. Trump has a 70%+ approval rating in the Republican party. Getting caught up in your own bubble to believe otherwise.
I hope he does run. I predict he doesn't even come close to winning. His continued influence will only lead to even more division in the party. Why do I care? While I may not agree with them on many things, I don't want a one-party state either.
What does this have to do with Joe? We're not worshipping tin gods here. Whoever the Dem candidate is in '24, they'll be much better for the country than Trump. After a four years of a president who'd rather divide than unite, the bar has been set very low for Biden or whomever.
Did you not see the primary we just had/ What do you mean what does this have to do with Joe? None of the others are stronger candidates than joe and joe barely won.
As far as I'm concerned it's not about Joe, because I'm not a worshipper of any person as a savior. I want a president I can trust to try and bring the country together. I'm sure more and more people will realize it as we de-tox from 4+ years of being harangued by a narcissistic demagogue.
Right, you worship the party. That's how Marxists role. So you don't give a damn what Joe does so long as he is loyal to the party, however, if he stops being loyal to the party, then all of a sudden you have an active interest in finding fault.

That's why Trump was just fine so long as he was a democrat giving millions to arse hole democrat politicians like Schumer and company, but as soon as he decided to run against the party he became a KKK member overnight.

It is not Democrats to demand slavish loyalty to the party. Democrats didn’t primary the House members who voted to acquit Trump in his first impeachment.

Republicans are attacking, censuring and threatening to get rid of the seven honest Republicans who voted to convict Trump. Trump has primary and anyone who so much is criticized. Of course that worked out well because none of Trump’s picks won.

You fools keep talking like you haven’t lost every single election since you put Trump at the head of the ticket. Winning by the skin of your teeth in 2016 and only by virtue of the electoral college vote, Trump proclaim him self winner in a “landslide”.

Republicans keep talking like they’re doing the “will of the people”, but the people didn’t elect them. Republicans have lost the popular every presidential election since the turn of the century except 2006.

Since Donald Trump was nominated, you’ve lost the popular vote for the White House twice, the house, the Senate, 7 governor’s mansions, and the trust of the American people.

Instead of just ragging on Democrats, Republicans need a platform and some fresh ideas on how to run the country. Take a good look around you at the disaster that Republicans have wrought.

Republicans have devolved into a party that simply hates on Democrats. They don’t know how to govern. They can’t even keep the fucking lights on and the water running in one of the richest states in the country.

Please don’t try to hand me that crap about a “once in a lifetime storm”. Climate change denial has led to dozens of “once in a lifetime storms” in the last five years. Texans had a similar storm 10 years ago and were warned then to winterize their grid.

Profits before people. Republicans put corporations and their profits before the people. The Constitution is government of FOR and by the people. Government serves the people first and foremost.

The Republican Party has lost sight of government for the people. They are governing for the economy. Without the people there is no economy. If America had no people it would have no economy.

Nations which are putting their people first, are now succeeding. They are succeeding with the virus, and they are succeeding in providing the opportunity a high quality of life for ALL of their citizens.

Republicans have steadfastly refused to give money to the people throughout the pandemic. They insist upon giving money to corporations to give it to the people. It’s not working.

Your people are suffering more economically than any other nation. In part because the rest of the world managed to shut down the first wave before the second wave hit and you didn’t, you’ve had no let up. The rest of us had a break last summer. But the Senate approved a one time payment to the American workers and then complained that giving them more would be a disincentive from returning to work. Keep them needy and hungry.

The rest of the world watched horrified as American workers had to line up for food during the pandemic. What is wrong with you people? This is not good governance. This is not sound management of the nations resources. Tens of millions of dollars to cruise ship lines, tourism corporations, hotels to stay closed. And working people lining up for food.

Government FOR the people doesn’t look anything like this.

The election is over. Joe Biden and the Democrats are back in charge in Washington DC. Much like President Obama, Joe Biden has been careful to fill his cabinet and department heads with experienced professionals, with very little legal or political baggage, leaving Republican lawmakers little choice but to confirm them.

As Republicans adjust to their diminished stature in Washington, and with Trump facing an avalanche of legal and financial woes, the once powerful GOP is now consumed by infighting over the party’s future, with opposing factions in open disagreement about how to deal with the rising tide of extremism on the right that grew out of Donald Trump’s presidency. Finger pointing, name calling and disagreements between GOP RINO's such as Mitch McConnell and Trump loyalists have left the party fractured and demoralized. To make matters worse for the GOP, Joe Biden and the Democrats are now 8 - 10 points more popular with voters than during the best days of Trump's reign

So - Where does the GOP go from here??

The only ones seeing in fighting in the GOP is democRats. I'm still expecting biden to be hauled off in shame and Trump appointed president. seems more voting fraud coming out every day soon it will be undeniable. I'm surprised the group in Pennsylvania isn't serving time yet. If biden just does half the stuff he has promised,ripping up the Constitution thinking he has enough stupid to accomplish his tyrant ways he's going to have more trouble than he bargained for. Do the math. There are over 400 million guns in America I don't think many will be giving them up. There are 8 million owning 10 guns are more. These 8 million will not give up their guns. So who is going to be stupid enough to go door to door collecting them. Every law enforcement officer I know own at least one AR-15, AR -10 and an AK-47.

All of our founding fathers main reason for the Second Amendment wasn't to protect us from criminals or for hunting. It was to protect us from government If you go against the Constitution you go against the people and Joe is against the Constitution. Besides being against the Constitution the pervert though allowing grown me in little girls bathrooms it was made an executive order his first day in office. Any one with a young daughter think this is a first day priority of a president or a sick-o pervert and just what is the Paris Accord going to do with the 2 trillion, stop volcanos and just what is renewable energy like all those frozen wind turbines in Texas doing nothing except leaving the elderly froze to death in their homes. Ya can't leave Communist China WHO and their good buddy the UN without funding. Lets make sure Joe sells some of our secrets as far as arms goes Oh. he has all ready done that don't want to leave them short with them getting ready to invade countries claiming any part of the South China sea. What do you think, do you think he has put more troops in Syria or lost more American jobs? Lets also have a lottery picking the date gas reaches 5 dollars a gallon. After all we didn't want to be energy dependent right? I sure do miss Trump cause Joe's brain rot has caused him to forget SMOG back when brown clouds hung over every city and your eyes, lungs and skin would burn. There was acid rain that ate paint off cars and half our water ways you couldn't swim or fish AND EVEN TODAY THERE IS NOTHING KNOWN TO MAN THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU CANCER IN CALIFORNIA and that's Joe's fault too.

Republican Party.

View attachment 459956

Trump has never been a lifelong anything except a conman and a douche. Like all real estate developers Trump glad handed money to politicians from both parties in the hopes of picking up favours later.

Trump courted power. It didn’t matter which party was in power, he just wanted to pull the levers.

You people talk like Trump has principles and ideas. He doesn’t. He just wrecks things and destroys people. I hate Democrats is not a platform. Nor is it a plan for running the country.

Trump promised you that he would run the country like he ran his businesses and he was true to that. Chaos, dysfunction, a revolving door on White House hires, debt, disease and death.

Every Trump business deal ends with Trump being driven off the project after having exhausted all of his legal remedies through the courts. The residents come out to cheer is this name is taken off the building and then they go back inside to repair the results of the shoddy workmanship and and poor business management they’re left with.

And so another Trump con ends and he moves on to the next set of marks.

Republican Party.

View attachment 459956
PROOF! Trump colluded with Russia agents

Leftists need to look at what 4 years of their insane policies will do to the Democrat Party

You didnt even win the 2020 election.

Imagine the hatred for the Democrats in another 2 - 4 years

There's just no freakin' way to know. It seems pretty clear that the party is under the complete control of one man (we've seen this before in world history), and that the traditional Republicans are on the outside looking in. McConnell tried to straddle the whole mess and Trump (characteristically) kicked him in the nuts. So that's not gonna happen.

At this moment it seems like the traditional Republicans have to decide if they're going to do what's best for the party and bend over for Trump, or if they're going to do what's best for the country and stick to their principles and run third party if they get primaried out.

Trump is a given. This whole thing is about him. So now it's up to the rest of the party to make a choice: Play the game or rip off the scab. If I had to guess, I'd guess it would be the former.
We sure did. Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary. Then they handed it off to Obama and his underlings like Jarret and others. not willingly. When Progs take full power the front of the house is look like it is top shelf. But behind it will be a rotting foundation with a collapse inevitable.

There's just no freakin' way to know. It seems pretty clear that the party is under the complete control of one man (we've seen this before in world history), and that the traditional Republicans are on the outside looking in. McConnell tried to straddle the whole mess and Trump (characteristically) kicked him in the nuts. So that's not gonna happen.

At this moment it seems like the traditional Republicans have to decide if they're going to do what's best for the party and bend over for Trump, or if they're going to do what's best for the country and stick to their principles and run third party if they get primaried out.

Trump is a given. This whole thing is about him. So now it's up to the rest of the party to make a choice: Play the game or rip off the scab. If I had to guess, I'd guess it would be the former.
We sure did. Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary. Then they handed it off to Obama and his underlings like Jarret and others. not willingly. When Progs take full power the front of the house is look like it is top shelf. But behind it will be a rotting foundation with a collapse inevitable.
I have no idea what that has to do with my post. Maybe that makes sense in the alternate universe.

The party in power usually loses seats in congress. Look for the GOP to be winning back the house and senate in up coming elections.
The operative word here is 'usually'. All bets are off, if there's a civil war going on in the party.
If there is a "civil war" in the GOP it will be a very short one decided in the primaries. Trump converted the GOP from the Chamber of Commerce's "globalist - China First" party to the "Populist - America First" party. In 2020 the CofC and the AFL-CIO teamed up to beat Trump, and elected Xiden.
Xiden is a job killing machine. Now the democrats are the "China First -Globalist" party.
Energy jobs got hit first. Now Joe has "open borders" so there will be even more people looking for fewer jobs.

in 2022 mid-terms the GOP will take the House back. Then in 2024 it will be Kamala against a non-Trump Republican.
By that time the energy woes will kick-in and the GOP will be back in the driver's seat. No worries about the GOP. The democrats will be having their own "civil war" between "the squad" and moderates.
Decided in the primaries? What if the loser decides on an independent run? As the months go on more and more people will realize how we've been basically abused for the last 4 years and Trump's popularity in the party will drop from the current 70+% to 50% or less. Given that, there exists and existential dilemma for the party. The almost 30% of those with anti-Trump feelings in the party will only grow, as fearless Republicans like Gov. Hogan of MD and others battle for the soul of the party.
1. If Trump runs as an independent that could pull votes from the GOP, but I don't see Trump wasting time and money on a 3rd party run if he loses in the primaries. I won't vote for him, but he still has a huge following.
2. Don't confuse those of us who want to move past Trump to Never-Trumpers. Never-Trumpers are hated. They may as well register as democrats.
3. The 2024 primaries will settle which direction the GOP will go. IMHO the "America First Populists" will keep control. No one wants to be "loser conservatives" like McCain and Romney again.
4. My 2024 list of presidential candidates "on stage" to run against Kamala are:
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
Not Hogan, Rubio, Christie, Graham, or any Trump

The party in power usually loses seats in congress. Look for the GOP to be winning back the house and senate in up coming elections.
The operative word here is 'usually'. All bets are off, if there's a civil war going on in the party.
If there is a "civil war" in the GOP it will be a very short one decided in the primaries. Trump converted the GOP from the Chamber of Commerce's "globalist - China First" party to the "Populist - America First" party. In 2020 the CofC and the AFL-CIO teamed up to beat Trump, and elected Xiden.
Xiden is a job killing machine. Now the democrats are the "China First -Globalist" party.
Energy jobs got hit first. Now Joe has "open borders" so there will be even more people looking for fewer jobs.

in 2022 mid-terms the GOP will take the House back. Then in 2024 it will be Kamala against a non-Trump Republican.
By that time the energy woes will kick-in and the GOP will be back in the driver's seat. No worries about the GOP. The democrats will be having their own "civil war" between "the squad" and moderates.
Decided in the primaries? What if the loser decides on an independent run? As the months go on more and more people will realize how we've been basically abused for the last 4 years and Trump's popularity in the party will drop from the current 70+% to 50% or less. Given that, there exists and existential dilemma for the party. The almost 30% of those with anti-Trump feelings in the party will only grow, as fearless Republicans like Gov. Hogan of MD and others battle for the soul of the party.
1. If Trump runs as an independent that could pull votes from the GOP, but I don't see Trump wasting time and money on a 3rd party run if he loses in the primaries. I won't vote for him, but he still has a huge following.
2. Don't confuse those of us who want to move past Trump to Never-Trumpers. Never-Trumpers are hated. They may as well register as democrats.
3. The 2024 primaries will settle which direction the GOP will go. IMHO the "America First Populists" will keep control. No one wants to be "loser conservatives" like McCain and Romney again.
4. My 2024 list of presidential candidates "on stage" to run against Kamala are:
Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
If they're waiting for 2024 to settle this, it'll be too late. I predict that it will happen in the midterms and, if they don't settle this, it's going to go extremely badly.

I believe the same question was asked in 2008/2009 when the dems won both the executive and legislative branches by greater margins than now?

His younger brother is already dead, guy is old. There is no guarantee he'll even be alive.

It's also clear they don't have any policy wins from Trump. His years were huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, most pandemic deaths, mexico didn't pay for a wall, didn't fix healthcare, tariffs hurt manufacturing, economy never hit 3% growth even with massive tax cuts and regulation cuts.... I have no clue what a repub could run on now, trump proved most their policy doesn't work again...

Republican Party.

Oh honey fox that's quaint, they turned on Trump on election night. No one is taking Fox's licenses away the Murdoch sons don't want to be scorned by American elite anymore.

Newsmax and One America are the preferred choice now, that's why Trump's attempt to get teh election results overturned were so fruitless. Fox abandoned him. Their usual system of disseminating information fell to pieces.

Not because of concerns about licenses, the move shot their business in teh foot their rating have been terrible. And they are pushign up cometitors. But the Murdoch boys get to go to fancy dinner parties again so they don't care. Fox as a vehicle of the right is over. At least while it's owned by teh Murdochs

You're not understanding American politics or vastly overestimating the political shift we jsut went through

Yes individuals matter

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
If they're waiting for 2024 to settle this, it'll be too late. I predict that it will happen in the midterms and, if they don't settle this, it's going to go extremely badly.
The mid-terms are basically state contests with no one like Trump pulling strings. Trump may campaign for a few candidates, but IMHO in 2022, the mid-terms should go GOP automatically, especially after seeing the democrats in action. Please know that Pelosi will retire, so she is not running in 2022. I imagine a lot of dem congress-critters will be retiring too. So we will see who will be running the democrat "House" party in 2022, AOC?

Mike Pence
Ted Cruz
Mike Pompeo
Nikki Haley
Tom Cotton
Kristi Noem
Jim Jordan
Ron Desantis
The mid-terms are basically state contests with no one like Trump pulling strings. Trump may campaign for a few candidates, but IMHO in 2022, the mid-terms should go GOP automatically, especially after seeing the democrats in action. Please know that Pelosi will retire, so she is not running in 2022. I imagine a lot of dem congress-critters will be retiring too. So we will see who will be running the democrat "House" party in 2022, AOC?
It would still be Pelosi, of course. Nothing changes until '23.

Forum List

Back