Where do atheists get their values?

That was redundant. Yes, we're done and I'd argue we never began. I'm not sure there's any breakthroughs at your age.

That's certainly true. I'm at least 400 years older than/ahead of you.

A lot of maturing ahead of you to accomplish.

You're probably too dim to grasp what I mean.
Mindful, you're not smarter than myself or most of this website. As far as maturity, you're considered a troll for your lack thereof. You start threads and then flirt with random strangers instead of cogent responses like you're a 13 year old girl. The proof is in the pudding that you're a self-aggrandized lonely person. A sad little recluse. Go outside. The internet is not for you.

Ad nauseum. Ad infinitum.

American men tend to delude themselves in to thinking women are flirting with them, when they are being friendly. You spout off enough times about equality. That goes for humour too.

Your values are shallow and superficial.
DF,

You should take up knitting.

Even there, you show how nauseatingly backward and clichéd you are.

Knitting is mathematical. And at one time it was an economic activity, powered by men. And originating in Arabia.

What do you think the wool trade was for?
:lol:

If you dig a little is when you realize they are self centered, narcissistic, dishonest, and altogether unhealthy in mind and spirit.
Atheists are as unique as any individual. Many of the atheists I know do not fall into any of the categories mentioned (unfortunate experiences with religion, parent issues, or they get very spooked by death). It is as simple as not seeing God or how God fits into life. Some tend to fall strongly in the independent range where they are happy knowing they have themselves to depend on--and are confident that they can depend on themselves and are quite willing to lend a hand, an arm, or all their bodily strength when someone needs this.

What I do find interesting is now so many (not all) atheists who come into Religion Discussion Forums are so different from atheists I know in real life.

In their inability to be innately good and decent, their uniqueness has nothing to do with anything.

You can't be a decent person unless you submit to a higher good. And atheists don't. Mankind is the end all for them. Or, alternately, whatever weird new age thing they've substituted for God is the end all for them...they don't recognize the humanity and holy outside of..or inside of...man.

They still refuse to this day to apologize for their role in slavery, the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow laws and racism.

"
They still refuse to this day to apologize for their role in slavery, the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow laws and racism."

CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN Democrats.

You demand that DEMOCRATS apologize for their role in slavery.

How about demanding that CONSERVATIVES and CHRISTIANS also apologize?
Absolutely. I apologize for the Democratic Party’s willful and reprehensible practice of slavery, racism, segregation and bigotry.

and I apologize for the southern conservative christians who owned slaves and defended slavery.
How about the northern democrats who voted in lock step for slavery?

Let me now remind you that Christian Republicans ended slavery.

Checkmate.

"How about the northern democrats who voted in lock step for slavery?"

Northern CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVES.

By insisting on omitting information you are basically lying.

And how do you mean "lock step"

When did this "vote" occur?

If you are talking the 1963 civil rights act then you would be completely wrong.

"Let me now remind you that Christian Republicans ended slavery."

By defying CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN democrats?

You know....the truth is.....EVERYONE who supported and defended slavery WAS A CHRISTIAN!

"Checkmate. "

Rather funny considering you couldn't actually play chess.

They still refuse to this day to apologize for their role in slavery, the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow laws and racism.

"
They still refuse to this day to apologize for their role in slavery, the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow laws and racism."

Absolutely. I apologize for the Democratic Party’s willful and reprehensible practice of slavery, racism, segregation and bigotry.

and I apologize for the southern conservative christians who owned slaves and defended slavery.

Checkmate.

USA today

david person

The 1964 Civil Rights Act passed the House with 80% of the GOP vote, compared with support from only 61% of Democrats. In the Senate, 82% of Republicans voted for it; only 69% of Democrats did. When the Voting Rights Act passed one year later, Republicans again outpaced the Democrats.

DEMS REPUBS
HOUSE 153 of 244 (63%) 136 of 171 (80%)

SENATE 46 of 67 (69%) 27 of 33 (82%)

Additionally; almost ALL of those voting AGAINST Civil Rights were......(ready?) SOUTHERN CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS!

"

Checkmate.

If you are talking the 1963 civil rights act then you would be completely wrong.

You know....the truth is.....EVERYONE who supported and defended slavery WAS A CHRISTIAN!

"Checkmate. "

All you've done is prove that it's a Republican/Democrat thing, and not a Christian thing.

Nobody said that there aren't clueless Christians, nor did anybody say there aren't a lot of non practicing Christians who pretend to be Christian, but in reality..are atheists.

The fact remains...atheists can't be moral, and can't have good values.

RE: the OP - Atheists get their values the same way everyone else does - from their upbringing, from family, friends, community and personal experience.

"

Checkmate.

Religious views of Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia

However, close friends who had known Lincoln for years, such as Ward Hill Lamon and William Herndon, rejected the idea that he was a believing Christian.

He never joined any church. He was a religious man always, I think, but was not a technical Christian."

Lincoln was not a christian ... the bible belt christians tried to destroy this nation for the very reasons the civil war was fought most notably to preserve slavery - liar.

you continue to make a fool of yourself by denying rather than repenting the uninterrupted history of 4th century christianities persecution and victimization of the innocent from its beginning to the present day ... and your failure to remedy the forgeries of your christian bible responsible for its dereliction.

Last edited:

"

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

Research the 13th Amendment:lol:

"

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

Christians ended slavery, Karl.

Conservatives have always believed that human life is not property to disposed of at the will of its owner. Whereas Democrats still believe that some human life is property to be disposed of at the will of its owner. Nothing has changed in the last 200 years, Ivan.

Been playing chess since I was six. :lol:

"

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

All you've done is prove that it's a Republican/Democrat thing, and not a Christian thing.

Nobody said that there aren't clueless Christians, nor did anybody say there aren't a lot of non practicing Christians who pretend to be Christian, but in reality..are atheists.

You seriously can't be denying that MOST Americans at that time were christian?

if not....what were they?

all of these DEMOCRATIC SOUTHERN SLAVE supporters and defenders......were they atheist?
muslim?

don't be daft

they were CHRISTIAN!

"

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

Conservatives have always believed that human life is not property to disposed of at the will of its owner. Whereas Democrats still believe that some human life is property to be disposed of at the will of its owner. Nothing has changed in the last 200 years, Ivan.

"

Been playing chess since I was six"

if you actually believe that 63% of democrats voting to support the civil rights act is PROOF that "dems voted lockstep for slavery" then you can't be very good at chess

or logic

or thinking

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

You seriously can't be denying that MOST Americans at that time were christian?

if not....what were they?

all of these DEMOCRATIC SOUTHERN SLAVE supporters and defenders......were they atheist?
muslim?

don't be daft

they were CHRISTIAN!
But it was Christians who were Democrats that supported it. Christians that were Republicans opposed slavery and eventually ended it.

Checkmate.

"Checkmate. "

"

Been playing chess since I was six"

if you actually believe that 63% of democrats voting to support the civil rights act is PROOF that "dems voted lockstep for slavery" then you can't be very good at chess

or logic

or thinking
You are omitting 120 years of history and misrepresenting the history you do remember.

The guy described in the OP has such a cynical face. I just see doom all across it. It's rather sad in a way.

Forum List

Back