Where did summer go?

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Yes, in this world of ever rising mythical temperatures, here in the Sierra Nevada Mountains we've had a foot of snow allready in a number of places. Looks like it will be another excellent ski season!

"Reno, NV - The ski resorts are loving the snow that's been falling this week. Even people in Reno saw flakes this morning. But this wintry weather has many people wondering where summer went.

"I didn't get to do anything this summer," says Michael Hayes. "I didn't even make it to the lake."

The Reno man is going to have to face the gloomy reality that his outdoor plans may have to wait until next year.

"I would have liked to have gone boating, I would have liked to have gone hiking. Camping, all that stuff," Hayes says.

And though it is only fall, it is looking a lot like winter. At Reno Mountain Sports, workers have already piled the shelves with ski and snowboarding equipment. The kayaking gear is almost all put away.

"The short summer kind of hurt our kayak sales," says Derek Dimitri, a salesperson at Reno Mountain Sports. "I think the summer just being so short, it was a little slower than usual."

It was a short summer season. Remember how folks were skiing in July? The owner of Bicycle Bananas does. Dan Brown says his sales suffered because there were fewer warm days this past summer than usual.

"People weren't buying bikes when it was snowing and blowing and being cold outside," says Brown.

And people aren't thinking about ice cold treats. At Yogurt Beach, co-owner Steve Neighbors says the three stores do best when it's sunny. He says business at the shops goes down about 40-percent on days when the weather dips below 70 degrees. But he says he's hoping that, with school activities going on in the fall, they'll continue to attract plenty of customers when the weather continues to get dreary.

But at Hi Point Coffee and Cafe, chilly conditions only brew up more business.

"I think it's going to be really good," says Katelyn Powers, a barista at the cafe. "Think we'll be making a lot of coffee... Pretty much hot drinks are going to be in because it's going to be freezing."

Where Did Summer Go?

It's back! At least it is here in the northeast. This long holiday weekend is supposed to bring us temperatures in the mid 80's! It looks like I'll be working up a sweat while outside getting my yard ready for ..... winter!

Double La Nina year, should be cold and wet.

But hansen predicted a strong el nino. He is living breathing proof that a PhD is no real indication of intelligence. Examine his string of failed predictions against those that came to pass then ask yourself why you would put any faith at all in anything he has to say.

Hanson's prophecies are the true religion. He is true especially when he is wrong. Bow down before the great Prophet.

The mornings are in the chilly 60's, but we warm up into the upper 80's during the day.

Thank God it's gone. Don't get me wrong, I prefer summer to winter, but we had 60+ days of triple digit temps this summer. My backyard is my little paradise and while I managed to keep the grass alive and growing, I lost a lot of heat tolerant plants this summer. They just couldn't take the daily and nightly barrage of excessive heat for that long. Hell, the hummingbirds even disappeared until it finally cooled off. I'm glad this past summer is gone.

New Topics

Forum List

Back