Zone1 When you pray, how often do you think of others?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I never used to refer to others going through issues when I prayed (if I'm even aware of their issues) but over the last couple of years I have done so. I'm not sure it has helped me at all but it feels proper and I'm always hoping others are praying for me too. Is there any guidance on such approaches in biblical texts?

I never used to refer to others going through issues when I prayed (if I'm even aware of their issues) but over the last couple of years I have done so. I'm not sure it has helped me at all but it feels proper and I'm always hoping others are praying for me too. Is there any guidance on such approaches in biblical texts?
I find praying the Lord's Prayer, dedicating it to the person(s) being prayed for is often a great place to start.

It's not blowing out the candles on a birthday cake, it's praying.
I don't ask for a new car or to win a lottery, so I'm not sure what analogy you are applying.

It's a personal decision. I pray for a number of reasons. Primarily its about wanting God to reinforce my Faith and to provide guidance through life.

I don't ask for a new car or to win a lottery, so I'm not sure what analogy you are applying.

It's a personal decision. I pray for a number of reasons. Primarily its about wanting God to reinforce my Faith and to provide guidance through life.
Just for you?

I usually just give God a "laundry list" of things he has to do by the end of the day. :rolleyes:

You can't always get whatcha want
You can't always get whatcha want
But if ya try sometime...ya just might find...ya get whatcha neeeed.

Almost all of my prayers are thanksgiving.

I used to think that was really wrong, but maybe not.

I pray for others a lot also.

I never understood how people think praying for someone is the same as the same as actually doing something to help that person.

I never understood how people think praying for someone is the same as the same as actually doing something to help that person.

We can't always help someone, it depends on their need, their geographical location, you own means etc.

I speak the truth. Always have tried to do so on this site.
Praying for someone results in nothing.

Pray that people aren't hungry and what do you have? hungry people.

Buy a couple pounds of bologna a loaf of bread and make a dozen sandwiches and what to you get? A dozen people who have something to eat.

Praying for someone results in nothing.

Pray that people aren't hungry and what do you have? hungry people.

Buy a couple pounds of bologna a loaf of bread and make a dozen sandwiches and what to you get? A dozen people who have something to eat.
I''ve donated to Food Banks and the Salvation Army in the past, I don't have the means currently.

To pray for someone depends on all that?

?????

To pray for someone depends on all that?

??????
Why do you troll me when clearly you didn't read his comment. He suggested that it's better to actually help someone myself rather than pray. I've helped many in the past, sometimes to the tune of hundreds.of dollars, sponsored a child in a downtrodden country etc, but, if I cannot do so, I will attempt to at least pray for them.

Forum List

Back