When you don’t have the “Castle Doctrine,” for self defense: Ireland

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
In the U.S. most states have the Castle Doctrine which protects you if you are attacked by a criminal in your home…

Just don’t defend yourself in Ireland…

Kerrie, a thin young man, grabbed a knife by the side of his bed and stabbed Power, who is tall and well-built, while being attacked, killing the older man. Kerrie then immediately contacted emergency services to tell them what had happened.

Though Ireland allows citizens to use force to defend their homes, Justice Paul McDermott determined Kerrie, now 21, used “grossly” excessive force against Power – because Power was unarmed while attacking the teenager. Kerrie was charged with Power’s death and faced five-and-a-half years in prison, but McDermott reduced the sentence to four-and-a-half years because Kerrie showed remorse for his actions and took immediate responsibility.

In Canada we don't have to entertain any notions of a home being a castle.
We fully understand that to give a person who lives guns and violence permission to kill, he/she will kill.

It really needs to be said that people such as 2A live for the opportunity to demonstrate their right to kill another human being.

And in fact, the current trend in America is in justifying more petty crimes as being legitimate reasons to commit murder. The Rittenhouse factor is, putting it bluntly and a bit crudely, causing the pro-gun crowd to go off in their pants.

And so the only direction for the mass shooting statistics in UP.

In Canada we don't have to entertain any notions of a home being a castle.
We fully understand that to give a person who lives guns and violence permission to kill, he/she will kill.

It really needs to be said that people such as 2A live for the opportunity to demonstrate their right to kill another human being.

And in fact, the current trend in America is in justifying more petty crimes as being legitimate reasons to commit murder. The Rittenhouse factor is, putting it bluntly and a bit crudely, causing the pro-gun crowd to go off in their pants.

And so the only direction for the mass shooting statistics in UP.
You constantly prove just how brain dead you are in just about every thread you post in.

But they want it that way! Why do they want to see death or even be responsible for death?

What is the powerful force that makes it so?

I can only imagine it's driven by racism against blacks, but whites also qualify as their intended victims.
Sounds like your implying that blacks are more likely to bust into your "castle".
I thought that wasn't politically correct enough for you progbots?
Careful, you might be cancelled by the thought police

If someone doesn't want to get shot by a homeowner when busting into a home, stop breaking into houses.
A B&E that ends in the death of the criminal is just the natural order of things & we have every right to defend our homes as a castle despite your pathological fears of a tool.
Cowardly leftists would prefer a whole family get slaughtered rather than if they defended themselves with a gun

People who grew up in the last several decades were victims of a flawed liberal education and they still don't seem to understand that the 1st Ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the "Bill of Rights" are unique to the United States and don't apply in the rest of the world. Case in point the U.S. basketball star who thought she had a 5th Amendment right when she was caught with drugs in Russia.

But they want it that way! Why do they want to see death or even be responsible for death?

What is the powerful force that makes it so?

I can only imagine it's driven by racism against blacks, but whites also qualify as their intended victims.
Houses in the USA aren't easy to break into, so it's certainly a reasonable deduction that anyone who goes to that trouble will be capable of violence. Using force, even deadly force is a reasonable response to someone threatening your or your family's safety WITHIN your house. Castle Doctrine, or Self-Defense laws have nothing to do with race. If you want to be a victim to anyone stronger or meaner than you, that is your privilege, but I doubt that any family members you might have would look upon you with favor if you stood aside while they were brutalized, raped or killed. That kind of cowardice is certainly your privilege, but don't expect the rest of us that haven't been neutered to embrace that stance.

People who grew up in the last several decades were victims of a flawed liberal education and they still don't seem to understand that the 1st Ten Amendments to the Constitution aka the "Bill of Rights" are unique to the United States and don't apply in the rest of the world. Case in point the U.S. basketball star who thought she had a 5th Amendment right when she was caught with drugs in Russia.
And is now whining about it and demanding that eh government that she publicly scorned take actions to protect her from the consequences of her own actions.

Castle Doctrine
Shoot first, ask questions later
Yup. I'm not taking the chance with my life or my families that the criminal breaking into my home doesn't have homicidal intent. Maybe you could live with yourself if a family member was maimed, raped, and or murdered. I couldn't not if I had the means to defend them.

Forum List

Back