When you are a white waitress or waiter it's very important that when you

Maybe you could be less sensitive and not presume Racism.

Any black person who encounters a unpleasant looking white waitress will always assume racism.

sorry
I sense the uncomfortable vibe when I watch a white wait on a black. I think that's a 2 way thing. Because my black friends are friendly. Not enough blacks are nice so you get what you give out.

So all whites are nice? Log Out
This one is nice if you leave a decent tip.

I would smell her ass. wonder if it smells like peaches

Any black person who encounters a unpleasant looking white waitress will always assume racism.

sorry
I sense the uncomfortable vibe when I watch a white wait on a black. I think that's a 2 way thing. Because my black friends are friendly. Not enough blacks are nice so you get what you give out.

Your original post made you sound like an African American woman.

Cowgirls' ideal waitress ------ "showing ALL her teeth":

clockwork_vampire_teeth.gif

"No English muffins for you!"​

sorry

Smells like fish; tastes like chicken.

sorry

Smells like fish; tastes like chicken.

No no, it's gotta taste like English muffin or he's gonna start another whine and jeez thread.

I gotta admit, out of all the things anybody's ever expected from waitstaff or service personnel in general, this is the first time I've ever heard "show ALL your teeth". Methinks he's dentally retarded.

Any waitress/waiter should smile when serving people. I have to admit that if they dont smile and they are white the first thing that comes to mind is that they are a racist/bigot. Usually I can get them to smile and talk about themselves. If they never thaw out I assume they are racist.

Any waitress/waiter should smile when serving people. I have to admit that if they dont smile and they are white the first thing that comes to mind is that they are a racist/bigot. Usually I can get them to smile and talk about themselves. If they never thaw out I assume they are racist.

Then you're employing a fallacy, because you don't have a basis for that conclusion. They could be tired, bored, having a shitty day, or just not a smiley type. Some of that might be unfriendliness too, but their white customers are gonna get the same thing, so there goes that theory.

But "show ALL your teeth", SMFH. I've sat down to a lot of meals in a lot of restaurants in almost all 57 states, and it's never once occurred to me to count somebody's teeth. Ever.

Then you're employing a fallacy, because you don't have a basis for that conclusion. They could be tired, bored, having a shitty day, or just not a smiley type. Some of that might be unfriendliness too, but their white customers are gonna get the same thing, so there goes that theory.

But "show ALL your teeth", SMFH. I've sat down to a lot of meals in a lot of restaurants in almost all 57 states, and it's never once occurred to me to count somebody's teeth. Ever.
I wouldnt call it a conclusion. I would call it a working assumption. I see being a waiter or waitress as a profession. You put your personal issues to the side and put on your best face. Everyone knows a genuine smile helps form a bond with another person. If you dont want to smile then you shouldn't expect a tip. If you want to look bothered then you should expect people to assume whatever about you.

I see being a waiter or waitress as a profession. You put your personal issues to the side and put on your best face. Everyone knows a genuine smile helps form a bond with another person. If you dont want to smile then you shouldn't expect a tip. If you want to look bothered then you should expect people to assume whatever about you.

Again, in all those waitpersons in all those restaurants, I've never left a bigger or smaller tip based on their smile. I'm not there for a smile; it's a restaurant. I'm there for a meal.

I did stiff a waitress who rolled her eyes when my GF asked for a lime, so it does work the opposite way. But I'm not going to assume all kinds of ulterior motives to the absence of extra bubbly. Actually I don't care for bubbly; I respect real. Give me a straight-faced mopey waiter who gives me good service, and I'm a happy diner.

Let's face it, the OP is a fucking whiner. He can't eat if they don't have English muffins, if he can't count all the waitress' teeth, and the menu has to be in 15-point Helvetica font in purple-orange, plus she has to have an Indiana accent and be a lefthanded Sagittarian, or else he's going to run to this board to whine about it. Whiners gonna whine.

Maybe the waitress just had a death in the family. Who gives a rat's patootie if the waitress doesn't come on shuckin' 'n jivin'?

I see being a waiter or waitress as a profession. You put your personal issues to the side and put on your best face. Everyone knows a genuine smile helps form a bond with another person. If you dont want to smile then you shouldn't expect a tip. If you want to look bothered then you should expect people to assume whatever about you.

Again, in all those waitpersons in all those restaurants, I've never left a bigger or smaller tip based on their smile. I'm not there for a smile; it's a restaurant. I'm there for a meal.

I did stiff a waitress who rolled her eyes when my GF asked for a lime, so it does work the opposite way. But I'm not going to assume all kinds of ulterior motives to the absence of extra bubbly. Actually I don't care for bubbly; I respect real.

Let's face it, the OP is a fucking whiner. He can't eat if they don't have English muffins, if he can't count all the waitress' teeth, and the menu has to be in 15-point Helvetica font in purple-orange, plus she has to have an Indiana accent and be a lefthanded Sagittarian, or else he's going to run to this board to whine about it. Whiners gonna whine.
If you truly see no difference in a waiter/waitress smiling and therefore forming a bond instead of sternly serving you your food then you are a very small subset of diners or humans for that matter. You may not consciously tip on smiles but I would wager you do tip unconsciously according to smile. The facts are that body language you receive from someone influences your perception of them. This can range from micro expressions all the way up to full fledged and extended smiles/frowns etc. I doubt you are claiming that you would tip an asshole the same amount that you would tip a smiling helpful person?

are serving a black table you show ALL YOUR TEETH. Because it can easily be interpreted as racism if you approach a table for the first time and don't have a smile on your face. That;s why I treated this white waitress like shit because first impression of her was "she doesn't like blacks". Now a black person who is waiting tables would have just been seen as RUDE but when you are dealing with different nationalities you can't approach a table with a sh*TTY demeanor because I will come right back at you nasty

Then my mom wanted to take up for the stupid bitch and said she maybe going through something at home. WHO THE FUCK CARES????????? Now she may not be racist at all but when you are white serving blacks you have to be pleasant looking

Can't believe they are not telling her stupid ass that

Damn dude, why so defensive? White people can't have a bad day.. sheesh.....

Maybe the waitress just had a death in the family. Who gives a rat's patootie if the waitress doesn't come on shuckin' 'n jivin'?
Do you think smiling and being personable is shucking and jiving? No wonder you have failed at life.

Forum List

Back