When will we put LGBTQ issues behind us.?

Your rights end when you violate someone else's INDIVIDUAL rights to be treated as a human being.

There's no right to be 'treated'. Period. Ultimately, there's only the right to be left alone. We all have the right to not be fucked with by bullies. But none of us has the right to demand service from others in the name of 'equality'.

You're the bully, sticking your nose into other people's private lives. Mind your business! What in the hell do you care if two gay people you don't know want to get married and have a cake? What's wrong with you? Not enough going on in your own life?

I do mind my own business. And my business is none of yours. Or the government's. That's what you don't get.

You think equal rights will be advanced by empowering the state to dictate behavior. But that is the opposite of rights. The opposite of freedom.

Apparently, you don't mind your business. The laws are not going to change because you whine on the forum about "the horror of serving gays a cake." Good grief. How stupid.

Your rights end when you violate someone else's INDIVIDUAL rights to be treated as a human being.

There's no right to be 'treated'. Period. Ultimately, there's only the right to be left alone. We all have the right to not be fucked with by bullies. But none of us has the right to demand service from others in the name of 'equality'.

You're the bully, sticking your nose into other people's private lives. Mind your business! What in the hell do you care if two gay people you don't know want to get married and have a cake? What's wrong with you? Not enough going on in your own life?

I do mind my own business. And my business is none of yours. Or the government's. That's what you don't get.

You think equal rights will be advanced by empowering the state to dictate behavior. But that is the opposite of rights. The opposite of freedom.

Apparently, you don't mind your business. The laws are not going to change because you whine on the forum about "the horror of serving gays a cake." Good grief. How stupid.

Listen, you don't know me at all. I know it's easier to make it all personal, but you'd lose emphatically trying to paint me as a gender-biased bigot. My concern is with overbearing government, because government IS violence. It should only be employed in situations where violence is truly justified. It's not justified in our personal decisions about who to associate with.

Listen, you don't know me at all. I know it's easier to make it all personal, but you'd lose emphatically trying to paint me as a gender-biased bigot. My concern is with overbearing government, because government IS violence. It should only be employed in situation where violence is truly justified. It's not justified in our personal decisions about who to associate with.

These types of laws went into effect back YEARS and years ago. Drama queen.

We are fresh off of a victory in Georgia where the governor vetoed a homophobic and quite frankly stupid bill that targeted LGBT people in the name of ”religious liberty” He caved to pressure from local businesses while never acknowledging the true intent of the bill.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/religious-liberty-bill-could-get-surprise-vote-wed/nqmkF/

However, the anti-equality forces are still hard at work in the south and elsewhere. They are spending countless hours and millions of dollars that could be spent on addressing the real- instead of imagined problems facing the nation. Cases in point:

North Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/voices-of-north-carolina-the-transgender-community-speaks-out

This week, HRC is lifting up the voices of North Carolinians whose lives are affected by the dangerous and discriminatory bill (HB 2) that North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory signed into law last week.

The first of those stories is from Madeline Goss, an openly transgender woman from Raleigh and former HRC Board of Governors member. Last week, she testified about the harmful impact HB 2 would have on her life and the transgender community.

“I can't use the men's room. I won't go back to the men's room. It is unsafe for me there. People like me die in there," Goss said.

On March 23, Governor McCrory signed into law an outrageous and unprecedented anti-LGBT bill that eliminates existing municipal non-discrimination protections for LGBT people; prevents such provisions from being passed by cities in the future; and forces transgender students in public schools to use restrooms and other facilities inconsistent with their gender identity, putting 4.5 billion dollars in federal funding under Title IX at risk. Read more about how this bill puts federal funding at risk here.

And South Carolina:

http://www.hrc.org/blog/south-carolina-senate-committee-advances-anti-marriage-equality-bill

Last week, a handful of conservative state Senators in South Carolina voted to advance S.31, a bill calling on the US Congress to amend the United States Constitution to allow states to roll back marriage equality on a state by state basis, but ultimately the bill has little chance of passing this session.

S.31 was introduced last year by conservative Senator Larry Grooms, but the bill has been stuck in limbo in the Senate Judiciary Committee since last April. Finally, after months of skipping over the bill - a clear sign that committee members have no appetite for it - S.31 was amended and advanced with a vote of 17 to 3. HRC thanks the three Democrats on the committee, Senators Sabb, Bright-Matthews, and Hutto, for voting against this bill.

Seeking to undermine the historic marriage equality ruling last year by the Supreme Court of the United States ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, S.31 calls on Congress to host a constitutional convention to amend the Constitution of the United States to allow all states to determine their own definitions of marriage. If the Constitution were to be amended in this way, it would give states the ability to roll back marriage equality if they oppose it,, effectively stripping away years of progress and placing millions of same-sex marriages in jeopardy.

Where will it end? When can we get over it and move on to other things? To come together as a nation and, yes, make America Great by being a nation that is all inclusive and accepting of all people? When can we get past this religious and fear based bigotry and start treating our neighbors with the dignity that they deserve? When!!??
Not any time soon, unfortunately.

The fear, ignorance, and bigotry common to most on the social right will remain a powerful motivating factor to those hostile to gay Americans and transgender Americans.

What we witnessed in North Carolina and Georgia are just two of the more recent sad, troubling examples.

Listen, you don't know me at all. I know it's easier to make it all personal, but you'd lose emphatically trying to paint me as a gender-biased bigot. My concern is with overbearing government, because government IS violence. It should only be employed in situation where violence is truly justified. It's not justified in our personal decisions about who to associate with.

And they've been wrong for years. They're driving us toward corporatist government, undermining individual rights in favor of group privilege. This isn't just a matter of personal inconvenience. It's a fundamental shift in our values and it's creating a fundamentally different kind of government. One that's pre-dominantly concerned with the desires of special interest groups at the expense of individual rights.

And they've been wrong for years. They're driving us toward corporatist government, undermining individual rights in favor of group privilege. This isn't just a matter of personal inconvenience. It's a fundamental shift in our values and it's creating a fundamentally different kind of government. One that's pre-dominantly concerned with the desires of special interest groups at the expense of individual rights.

It's the government's job to secure our constitutional rights. ALL of us American citizens. It doesn't matter if you don't like what they do or what color they are. If they are American citizens they can shop at any store, just like anyone else.

It's the government's job to secure our constitutional rights. ALL of us American citizens. It doesn't matter if you don't like what they do or what color they are. If they are American citizens they can shop at any store, just like anyone else.

Which is why it's so crucial to understand what rights are. There's no such thing as a right to a wedding cake. Or health care. Or anything else that demands someone else serve you. Rights are inalienable freedoms that don't depend on the service of others.

Which is why it's so crucial to understand what rights are. There's no such thing as a right to a wedding cake. Or health care. Or anything else that demands someone else serve you. Rights are inalienable freedoms that don't depend on the service of others.

Our local and state governments DO have the right to set up the rules and regulations regarding business practices.

Our local and state governments DO have the right to set up the rules and regulations regarding business practices.

Governments don't have rights. People do. Governments are created by people to protect those rights.

Governments don't have rights. People do. Governments are created by people to protect those rights.

They CAN set up rules and regulations regarding business practices.

Sure. They CAN set up death camps for non-compliance. But we're talking about what ought to be, about the kind of government we want. And the job of government is to protect our rights, not dictate behavior.

Sure. They CAN set up death camps for non-compliance. But we're talking about what ought to be, about the kind of government we want. And the job of government is to protect our rights, not dictate behavior.

Ensuring that all people are treated equally when it comes to business dealings is nothing like setting up "death camps." Quit with the hyperbole and drama.

Ensuring that all people are treated equally when it comes to business dealings is nothing like setting up "death camps." Quit with the hyperbole and drama.

Ensuring that all people are treated equally is a fundamental violation of every person's right to choose who they associate with.

Ensuring that all people are treated equally is a fundamental violation of every person's right to choose who they associate with.

ONLY if it is applied to your personal dealings. Not when it comes to business dealings, and these laws have been established for years and years now. Sorry, you lose. :D

ONLY if it is applied to your personal dealings. Not when it comes to business dealings, and these laws have been established for years and years now. Sorry, you lose. :D

"Established" doesn't mean right. History has shown us this, over and over again. Business dealings are personal dealings.

You lost way back when, when you wanted to discriminate against people of color, and you are losing again. Must suck to be a religious person in these modern and more enlightened times. :D

You're not addressing this to me, are you?

"Established" doesn't mean right. History has shown us this, over and over again. Business dealing are personal dealings.

No they are not personal dealings. Your personal life and your professional life are two different things. While they may "overlap" at times, you are still allowed to be a bigoted asshole in your personal life, just not in your business dealings. Deal with it like a man and stop your incessant whining.

"Established" doesn't mean right. History has shown us this, over and over again. Business dealing are personal dealings.

No they are not personal dealings.

Of course they are. Prove otherwise.

No they are not personal dealings.

Of course they are. Prove otherwise.

There is nothing to prove here. Lol. Your personal life is your personal life. Business is business. Mr. Whiny pants.

Forum List

Back