When will democrats decide that AMericans should not be able to move from state to state freely?

Not Gene Simmons the angry Jew!!??

So what if they are moving California's GDP is larger than UK's.
so what?.....what good is that GDP to all the homeless,all the unemployed,all those just getting by,all the retirees who helped make the state what it once was..... but now have to move elsewhere because they cant afford to live there......what good does it do them?....
You gotta love capitalism because this is what you get. It's not about you it's about the money....
california was never like it is now back when,and it had a great economy back then too...
I moved there in 1978 for a while but it was very hard to find a job and there was too many people. The smog was ok..I debated living there in 1982 and working in Silicon Valley but freaked out on the 100k homes, so I bought one for 39k and settled in a boring, dull Bible belt state doing electronics and management....And it was a state where the Clintoons were in the Governor's doublewide...The weed was so ridiculously high I had to sell weed from my cheap weed contacts in OKC..
My Ma was born in Stockton and most of the relatives lived in the Central Tough, Series, Modesto, Keys...I had a few down in San Diego and San Fran..

In this country you can pick up and move to any other state that you feel like........and this is a problem for the democrats.....they hate that.

So...at what point will they stop allowing Americans to move freely between the states?

A Facebook group for people fleeing California that I’ve been monitoring for months is teeming with tales of getting the heck out of the Golden State. They don’t want to leave, but Leftist politics, remote work, fires, high energy prices, and high taxes force their hand.

They post photos of the homeless camps, rates for moving vans, give tips on where you can get a coveted 26′ truck from UHaul, ask for help in finding the most conservative cities in America to move to. They call on fleeing Californians to respect the beliefs of the state they’re moving to. Another person posts a parody article saying Texas has issued a stay-at-home order for Californians. A woman posts a receipt from a San Francisco parking garage to explain how the city is bleeding her dry.
-------
Tech billionaires are leaving and taking their employees with them. Even Gene Simmons of the rock group KISS is leaving California for Washington. Forbes reports that Simmons is disgusted. “Enough is enough,” he says.
----

The Democrats control all levers of power in California. There’s a super-majority at the statehouse, a governor in Sacramento who attempts to control people’s movements in the pandemic, but not his own. Instead of spending money to shore up and increase basic infrastructure such as water storage and forest and wildland management, California has spent billions on the laughably labeled “high-speed” train and lawsuits against President Trump. Pet projects have siphoned off billions from the state coffers and still politicians demand more from taxpayers – even after they’ve moved.

Hopefully, sometime in the coming decades, Americans will agree to a Constitutional amendment to allow states to control who can and cannot enter their territory,

If this country could become a true federation of 50 states that can control their own borders, then this nation could continue to exist as one nation instead of having to break up into separate nations, as Yugoslavia did.

It would be wonderful, for example, if [the name of a state that I do not want to mention] could tell people from other states: "We are very happy now. Our employment rate is high, the weather is beautiful, prices are reasonable, and there is almost no violent crime. We respectfully do not think that you fit our profile. We wish you the best of luck finding another state. Have a nice day!"

In this country you can pick up and move to any other state that you feel like........and this is a problem for the democrats.....they hate that.

So...at what point will they stop allowing Americans to move freely between the states?

A Facebook group for people fleeing California that I’ve been monitoring for months is teeming with tales of getting the heck out of the Golden State. They don’t want to leave, but Leftist politics, remote work, fires, high energy prices, and high taxes force their hand.

They post photos of the homeless camps, rates for moving vans, give tips on where you can get a coveted 26′ truck from UHaul, ask for help in finding the most conservative cities in America to move to. They call on fleeing Californians to respect the beliefs of the state they’re moving to. Another person posts a parody article saying Texas has issued a stay-at-home order for Californians. A woman posts a receipt from a San Francisco parking garage to explain how the city is bleeding her dry.
-------
Tech billionaires are leaving and taking their employees with them. Even Gene Simmons of the rock group KISS is leaving California for Washington. Forbes reports that Simmons is disgusted. “Enough is enough,” he says.
----

The Democrats control all levers of power in California. There’s a super-majority at the statehouse, a governor in Sacramento who attempts to control people’s movements in the pandemic, but not his own. Instead of spending money to shore up and increase basic infrastructure such as water storage and forest and wildland management, California has spent billions on the laughably labeled “high-speed” train and lawsuits against President Trump. Pet projects have siphoned off billions from the state coffers and still politicians demand more from taxpayers – even after they’ve moved.

/——/ Don’t be surprised Commiefornia starts taxing people in the other 49 states.

/——/ Don’t be surprised Commiefornia starts taxing people in the other 49 states.

Actually California already did just that.

Don't know the details about now but when I retired from a company then based in California (now in Canada) and moved to a state with no income tax California tried to collect income tax from me on the pension benefits despite their being paid to me out of state.

At one point they were sending revenue agents into Nevada to arrest ex-Californians who weren't paying California income tax on pension money they were receiving in Nevada. As I recall crossing the state line for that purpose was made illegal; a few arrests were made and the practice halted.

I still get the pension checks but the company now pays them out a bank not in California so they apparently have no visibility and the demands have ceased.

-------
----

They have the right to move. Who are these sniveling babies?

Thank you for the information. They are already trying to do that. Deport people from their state of residency to the state of their officially recorded birth. Confiscate any land or property we hold in a state other than the one in which we are born.
More crackpot conspiracy theories? Is that one from Trump too?

For how much longer? That's always the excuse you people trot out when trying to defend California's anti-growth policies, but the fact of the matter is they've lost billions from their economy to other states and that trend is hastening, not slowing.

Their biggest issue is they increased in population substantially during the late 20th century, but did nothing to increase the water infrastructure needed to support said population increase. new dams and reservoirs needed to be built to store whatever rain they get, but now during the big storms typical of the area too much just flows into the ocean.

The typical reaction from the government will be to restrict water use by the agricultural sector, and if they do that, then pretty much the only real industry they will have left is Hollywood.

Actually California already did just that.

Don't know the details about now but when I retired from a company then based in California (now in Canada) and moved to a state with no income tax California tried to collect income tax from me on the pension benefits despite their being paid to me out of state.

At one point they were sending revenue agents into Nevada to arrest ex-Californians who weren't paying California income tax on pension money they were receiving in Nevada. As I recall crossing the state line for that purpose was made illegal; a few arrests were made and the practice halted.

I still get the pension checks but the company now pays them out a bank not in California so they apparently have no visibility and the demands have ceased.

California got sued over that, and lost. That's why they have stopped that particular bit of bullshit.

Forum List

Back