When the Potus gets too much power!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Scalia railed against all this -- and the Supreme Court often struck down power transfers from Congress to the president. It did so not to preserve the institutional integrity of Congress but to uphold the principle of the separation of powers that Madison crafted as a bulwark against tyranny. The constitutional allocation of power among the branches is not for them to alter.

Its equilibrium was intended to maintain tension and even jealousy among the branches -- and thereby undergird personal liberty. Madison's articulated fear was "a gradual concentration of the several powers in the same" branch. Scalia called this gradual concentration of power in the presidency a wolf in sheep's clothing that became a bare naked wolf.

After years of faithless Congresses legally but unconstitutionally ceding power to the presidency, we have arrived where we are today -- a president who spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes, defies courts and changes immigration laws on his own. I have written before that the Republicans who rejoice in this will weep over it when a Democrat is in the White House. No president should have unconstitutional powers.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump violates Constitution – Spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes on own
------------------------------------------------
I am aware you republicans do not like Napolitano anymore since he talks about Tramp, but I do hope some of you still have some respect for the late Antonin Gregory Scalia.

It's going to be funny when Ginsburg dies and Trump puts a conservative in there. I hope Breyer moves on out of the way soon also.

A 7-2 SCOTUS might help us roll back even more insane regressive laws.

It's going to be funny when Ginsburg dies and Trump puts a conservative in there. I hope Breyer moves on out of the way soon also.

John Roberts is a closet gay liberal.

Jo

Scalia railed against all this -- and the Supreme Court often struck down power transfers from Congress to the president. It did so not to preserve the institutional integrity of Congress but to uphold the principle of the separation of powers that Madison crafted as a bulwark against tyranny. The constitutional allocation of power among the branches is not for them to alter.

Its equilibrium was intended to maintain tension and even jealousy among the branches -- and thereby undergird personal liberty. Madison's articulated fear was "a gradual concentration of the several powers in the same" branch. Scalia called this gradual concentration of power in the presidency a wolf in sheep's clothing that became a bare naked wolf.

After years of faithless Congresses legally but unconstitutionally ceding power to the presidency, we have arrived where we are today -- a president who spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes, defies courts and changes immigration laws on his own. I have written before that the Republicans who rejoice in this will weep over it when a Democrat is in the White House. No president should have unconstitutional powers.

Andrew P. Napolitano, a former judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, is the senior judicial analyst at Fox News Channel

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump violates Constitution – Spends unappropriated funds, raises taxes on own
I am aware you republicans do not like Napolitano anymore since he talks about Tramp, but I do hope some of you still have some respect for the late Antonin Gregory Scalia.

We do....since he was assassinated by Obama he is even more of a hero.

I think the courts have too much power.

Remember, they are the ones who decided Abortion was a constitutional right, along with sodomy and Gay Marriage.

There was no vote on any of those, they tyrants in black robes forced those policies up our asses.

:CryingCow:

Seems like I remember Obama picking and choosing which immigration laws he wanted to enforce.

Obama's policy strategy: Ignore laws

Please link me to your post about that where you demonstrate equal outrage. Because without, you're a partisan hack and this thread isn't worth the bandwidth it's taking up.

Thanks in advance.

The constitutional allocation of power among the branches is not for them to alter.

I'm still trying to find judicial review in Article III. Apparently, the Supreme Court thinks it can just alter its own power. Now they're effectively doing the job of the congress and the congress is apparently eager to let them.

It's a hell of a thing.

you should stick with racism, victimhood and other adolescent bullshit .... the constitution and politics is to complicated for you !

It will still suck. Kavanaugh and Roberts will be two mor buzzys.

While I agree trump abuses his powers, it's nothing different from the others
Your disingenuous outrage is noted.

As one poster pointed out you need to link you threads where you complained about Obama abuse of power when it came to his Phone and Pen.

If you did not complain one time then you have nothing to say about Trump abuses...

Those like you love your one political party dictatorships when it is your political party dictating to us but when you lose power boy do you act like the opposition and complain about abuses you once supported!

Jo

I dunno about that, but something tells me there's a picture of him with his cock in the mouth of a girl much too young at Epstein's Island....

There was a flight log I saw with some reference to a "Roberts" as a passenger on Lolitia's Pedo-Airlines. Something tells me obozo admin insiders used that against him.

Otherwise I think the whole Epstein case would be wide open, except that there are so many powerful people that would end up having to do time if any of them people involved ended up doing time.

That is why they're so desperate to get Trump out of the way on both "sides".

Of course Scalia railed about it.. But YOU chose to ignore when Obama was doing it.. Why do you think the courts THREW OUT Obama's DACA rules... Same damn deal on making immigration law without the power to do so.,...

That's why the political system in this country is floundering under a mountain of hypocrisy... There is virtually no abuse to the laws and Constitution that hasn't already tried by BOTH sides. And way too often, they just get away with it..

As usual, you give a long winded TDS whine without a factual basis.

When you come up with exam ppl less of Trump abusing his authority even 1/4 as badly as Obama, maybe you'll be taken seriously.

Jo

I dunno about that, but something tells me there's a picture of him with his cock in the mouth of a girl much too young at Epstein's Island....

There was a flight log I saw with some reference to a "Roberts" as a passenger on Lolitia's Pedo-Airlines. Something tells me obozo admin insiders used that against him.

Otherwise I think the whole Epstein case would be wide open, except that there are so many powerful people that would end up having to do time if any of them people involved ended up doing time.

That is why they're so desperate to get Trump out of the way on both "sides".

Wow! You think with Roberts being a very rare name and hardly any of them named John, there has to be fire where that smoke is coming from! [/sarcasm]

You do know that Fox News has a correspondent named John Roberts.

Could that SCOTUS teach you the meaning of the word Regressive?

Of course Scalia railed about it.. But YOU chose to ignore when Obama was doing it.. Why do you think the courts THREW OUT Obama's DACA rules... Same damn deal on making immigration law without the power to do so.,...

That's why the political system in this country is floundering under a mountain of hypocrisy... There is virtually no abuse to the laws and Constitution that hasn't already tried by BOTH sides. And way too often, they just get away with it..

Obama was a saint compared to tramp. Moscow Mitch is enabling him, well all the republicans are. Also Barr and the judges he put on the bench.

Seems like I remember Obama picking and choosing which immigration laws he wanted to enforce.

Obama's policy strategy: Ignore laws

Please link me to your post about that where you demonstrate equal outrage. Because without, you're a partisan hack and this thread isn't worth the bandwidth it's taking up.

Thanks in advance.

Reagan did over 100 more executive orders than Obama. Admit it, you know tramp is acting like he is above the law, obstruction higher than ever before, enriching himself, using the courts, suing congress, and unvetted nepotism.

Forum List

Back