When references are made to institutionalized racism, this is what is meant.

I see you trying to make institutional mean that it’s only done by the state. :rolleyes:
Not really. That's just what I always assumed it meant. I think most people do, but I could be wrong. If "institutional" racism just means widespread racism, I can work with that. But I don't see why we need a another name for it. How is it different than just "racism"?

What I saw was that reading proficiency was not a requirement for those jobs.
You only saw what you wanted to see

And it was bullshit

Why post safety signs if the workers cant read them?

But read further to the part about blacks being less literate than other races

Which of course no one knew when they rejected them based solely on the names.

How do you know what the Human Resources personnel knew or didn't know? These people are trained to sniff out and determine which ones are fake and which ones aren't. Maybe if the HR people who made the rejections were identified and given a chance to explain themselves, they might have a different story than the researchers who sent in the Fake Resumes to prove their pre-determined thesis that HR people are racists.

Not really. That's just what I always assumed it meant. I think most people do, but I could be wrong. If "institutional" racism just means widespread racism, I can work with that. But I don't see why we need an another name for it. How is it different than just "racism"?
It’s institutionalized as in it’s instituted into people’s thinking. When widespread. It becomes systematic.

Unlike your language abilities.

It’s institutionalized as in it’s instituted into people’s thinking. When widespread. It becomes systematic.
Systemic. Mkay.

Tell me, do you see any important difference between state racism and employer discrimination? Do you think they should be treated any differently?

Unlike your language abilities.
Oh, stooping to insults. Nice.

Go fuck yourself?

It’s not hard to see that such biases exist.
I agree that bias exists

And for good reason

When we see a video of a black woman tearing up a fast food joint because she didnt get enough shrimp with her fried rice we can guess that her name is Katisha

Because odds are it is

And if not it will be something else equally as black

And when someone named Katisha applies for a job what image comes to mind?

Is that unfair to civilized black people would make good employees?

Yes, but thats life in the real world

Or just not deliberately exclude them anyway.
Blacks are excluded by their own choice.
Remember, this guy can’t believe he can’t get a job.
IMG_8654.jpeg

I mean our founding principle is that all of us are created equal after all.
All are equal out of the womb…THEN our culture dictates our behavior and life choices.

Whites before President Obama—> colored people are okay on my sports teams.

Whites after the election of President Obama—> it’s called the White House for a reason!!! He is the most divisive president ever!!!

Obama was a great example......that blacks can be bad presidents too.

When we see a video of a black woman tearing up a fast food joint because she didnt get enough shrimp with her fried rice we can guess that her name is Katisha ...
That would be a stupid guess.

Forum List

Back