When references are made to institutionalized racism, this is what is meant.

Nothing compared to the open racism of the Oscars for forcing blacks to be nominated. Major sports organizations and major companies having minority hiring quotas…. That’s a More larger issue compared to some minimum wage job allegedly having unfair hiring practices.

And so this is the BLM narrative. It is actually evil. Look at what is being suggested that some white people just don’t know that they are racist. It’s pure evil. Meanwhile your average white man who is a working class Guy getting denied Bank loans is looking at this type of BLM narrative and saying “I’m not racist. What is going on with this country”

Let’s have a meritocracy. Which we don’t have now. Everything is catered to the BLM narrative and it’s coinciding with one of the worst economies in American history

Poor article in the op

Maybe the allegedly white folks simply had better qualifications. There’s absolutely no way to prove racism here

On the other hand, the Oscars, major sports organizations, and big companies in America are openly racist against whites … wrt minority hiring quotas.

So the left has to do is accuse people of being racist without them knowing it. It is diabolical.

Its based on reports in the news

Other once unpopular racial groups have earned respect such as the chinese, koreans and japanese

Whites didnt just wake up one morning and change their mind about them

East asians earned that respect
Hey, Mac-7.
What do you call it when white guys attempt to determine the worthiness of other racial groups?

Of course you don’t know that anyone saw them as fake.
The study only offered qualified candidates. The only difference were the names attached to the resumes.

Of course I don't "know" that for a fact.

But the facts are that the 80,000 applicants were indeed "Fake". And the trained professionals in these employers' HR departments are charged with the duty of efficiently finding new talent.

Sorting out the fake from the real applications is part of it. So it looks like they were doing their jobs.

Your assumption that large numbers of human relations people at big corporations are a bunch of rabid racists, even though you haven't seen them, or even know what they look at to determine the authenticity of applications, is out of school .

Diversity means candidates and employees other than able bodied straight white male christians who dominate everything.
You mean like how East Indians, Nigerians and Asians have “dominated” our healthcare industry for decades?
Why do you suppose evil whitey just conceded those jobs to “newcomers”?
I wonder if American blacks could have filled those positions if discipline and ambition were in the genetic code?

Meanwhile government contracts can include MBE/WBE requirements that basically force contractors to give 10%-30% of their contract to these subcontractors, basically blocking out males and whites from these enterprises.

But that's OK because "reasons"
You poor white boi victim Marty.

Ok. But what makes that "institutional"?

It's an important question, to me, because "institutional" suggests government involvement. I adamantly oppose state racism, but I don't think the state has any business dictating personal preferences or hiring practices. So they are very different concerns.

If "institutional" just means widespread, then that's a different matter. It's also deceptive labeling.
This post is also deceptive labeling. ;)

You’re making a distinction with no difference.

What Researchers Discovered When They Sent 80,000 Fake Résumés to U.S. Jobs

A group of economists recently performed an experiment on around 100 of the largest companies in the country, applying for jobs using made-up résumés with equivalent qualifications but different personal characteristics. They changed applicants’ names to suggest that they were white or Black, and male or female — Latisha or Amy, Lamar or Adam.

On Monday, they released the names of the companies. On average, they found, employers contacted the presumed white applicants 9.5 percent more often than the presumed Black applicants.

Yet this practice varied significantly by firm and industry. One-fifth of the companies — many of them retailers or car dealers — were responsible for nearly half of the gap in callbacks to white and Black applicants.

Two companies favored white applicants over Black applicants significantly more than others. They were AutoNation, a used car retailer, which contacted presumed white applicants 43 percent more often, and Genuine Parts Company, which sells auto parts including under the NAPA brand, and called presumed white candidates 33 percent more often.

It doesn't mean overt, extreme racism is rampant in America. It's existence is much more subtle and insidious than that. Some people may exhibit signs of racism subconsciously. Or not consider it to be racism at all.

What is much more difficult to measure than the job discrimination this study reveals is the affect on blacks in America. To what extent has it caused the economic and educational disparities that exist given what some call systemic racism has been going on for centuries.
The elephant in the room is that the government and culture gives preferential treatment to black people. An employer doesn't want to risk hiring a SJW type that will have a huge chip on his/her shoulder and make life difficult for other employees if they say a wrong word or refer to any number of things that could be interpreted as 'racist' in the presence of a black person when they are not at all racist in any other context. And if the employee should need disciplining or was passed over for a promotion because somebody else deserved it more or didn't do the job and was fired, the probability of an accusation of racial discrimination is far more likely with a militant black person than with any other.

This is the situation that 'racist social justice' has created for far too many black people. I'm not saying no employers are racist because some--black, white, brown, Asian, whatever--are going to be racist. But an employer who just wants a peaceful, productive work force may pass over that black person's application not because of racism but just to avoid any unnecessary hassles.

And this is likely to exist until the left allows us to treat skin color as no different than hair or eye color and does not force us to see and treat and speak carefully around black people.

Wow, look at that. It's been 50 years since those dark days yet you still point to them as if those signs are still there.
Its true and excellent that there has been improvement,
if you were really a black man I think you would be more aware that the yoke has not been lifted, primarily due to housing. Housing negatives that now are shifting to the lower income white man.

Sure. I only have two points here. First, "institutional" racism suggests more than just employer discrimination. I think it's a deliberate attempt to conflate general discrimination with state discrimination. Second, making all these inferences based on names is bad science and not convincing.
Not convincing to you anyway.

That’s it? That’s the racism in America??

What a joke!

Blacks before Obama: A mind is a terrible thing to waste
Blacks after Obama: Math is racist
Whites before President Obama—> colored people are okay on my sports teams.

Whites after the election of President Obama—> it’s called the White House for a reason!!! He is the most divisive president ever!!!

The vast majority of Companies now go out of their way to hire minorities regardless of qualifications. Look at our embarrassing VP, look at the latest AA idiot on SCOTUS!!

You think Clarence Thomas would be on SCOTUS if he couldn’t answer what is a woman??
He answers to a white woman.

He pubes women of his race.

Whites after the election of President Obama—> it’s called the White House for a reason!!! He is the most divisive president ever!!!

My problems with Obama are:
  1. He's an anti-American scumbag, and
  2. He never spent a single day in law school. If you asked him about Griswold, Lochner, Wickard, even Marbury he'd try to bullshit you because, he never spent a single day in law school.

Your verbiage is Prog normal spiel.

Forum List

Back