When it is really a heartbeat.

It's not my claim. It's the claim of scientists at the University of Leeds, and I post it as a direct refutation of the claim that there is a beating heart at 6 weeks.
Have you ever been to an ultrasound? I was There at 10 weeks. You can see the future human yawn. Your OP is extremely faulty.

Have you ever been to an ultrasound? I was There at 10 weeks. You can see the future human yawn. Your OP is extremely faulty.
There is some movement at 10 weeks, but a yawn is not possible. The bronchioles and respiratory sacks don't develop until 18 weeks. Of course, you should know there is no air to breath, or yawn with.

There is some movement at 10 weeks, but a yawn is not possible. The bronchioles and respiratory sacks don't develop until 18 weeks. Of course, you should know there is no air to breath, or yawn with.
I saw a yawn. Maybe it was later. So are you anti abortion at week 18?

I am pro facts at all weeks. I countered a specific claim with facts. Whether I approve of abortion at any specific point in gestation is a much wider discussion.
Just looking for a yes or no answer. As I said, as men, I believe we need to STFU on this topic.

Just looking for a yes or no answer. As I said, as men, I believe we need to STFU on this topic.
As a man, I would love to STFU about the issue, and let women make their own choice. That doesn't seem to be an option. I have an obligation as an American to help all Americans secure their rights, even if I don't happen to need help on that particular issue. It's the right thing to do.

As a man, I would love to STFU about the issue, and let women make their own choice. That doesn't seem to be an option. I have an obligation as an American to help all Americans secure their rights, even if I don't happen to need help on that particular issue. It's the right thing to do.
We agree. The world must be ending. As a father of two daughters it annoys me on how divided the country is.

I would bet my life that if someone kills a pregnant woman it would be a double homicide. Even if she is one second pregnant. It would 100% be enforced.

Not really. If anything, those laws are used to force plea bargains, they really aren't enforced.

The problem with these idiotic laws is that they have been used to prosecute women for having miscarriages.

Not really. If anything, those laws are used to force plea bargains, they really aren't enforced.

The problem with these idiotic laws is that they have been used to prosecute women for having miscarriages.

I do not make the laws.

1632620213687.png

If you sincerely believed that, you you surely would feel obligated, above all else, to stand up for the rights of the most innocent and defenseless of all Americans, not to be summarily murdered in cold blood for no better reason than that their very existence is an inconvenience to someone else.
If you won't stand for that, then you have no credibility whatsoever in purporting to stand for any human rights.

Mormon Bob obsesses about trans women again...

How is this relevant to the thread, exactly?

It cuts directly into the credibility of anyone laying any claim to “science”, who believes that there is, in any meaningful sense, any genuine such thing as “trans women”.

If you believe that a man can be, in any sense, a woman, then you completely forfeit any credible claim to “science”, and deserve nothing but mockery for trying to make any such claim.

If you sincerely believed that, you you surely would feel obligated, above all else, to stand up for the rights of the most innocent and defenseless of all Americans, not to be summarily murdered in cold blood for no better reason than that their very existence is an inconvenience to someone else.
If you won't stand for that, then you have no credibility whatsoever in purporting to stand for any human rights.
That would depend on when a group of cells become a distinct individual person. Before then, it is just a cluster of cells within a woman's body, and she has the right to do as she wishes with them.

That would depend on when a group of cells become a distinct individual person. Before then, it is just a cluster of cells within a woman's body, and she has the right to do as she wishes with them.
You’re wrong.

Most organs begin to form about 3 weeks after fertilization, which equals 5 weeks of pregnancy (because doctors date pregnancy from the first day of the woman's last menstrual period, which is typically 2 weeks before fertilization). At this time, the embryo elongates, first suggesting a human shape. Shortly thereafter, the area that will become the brain and spinal cord (neural tube) begins to develop. The heart and major blood vessels begin to develop earlier—by about day 16.

Anti-abortion proponents claim that there is a beating heart present at six weeks. The fact is that at six weeks there is only a rudimentary tube that can eventually become a heart, and a few quivering cells that will eventually become the pacemaker which supplies electrical pulses controlling the heart beat. There is no heart structure present to actually behave as a heart behaves. No valves, no chambers, no muscle to pump anything. The preliminary structures that will eventually become parts of the heart are not a heart, and claiming they are is vast exaggeration at best. Recent research has shown when major structures of the heart develop, and it is amazingly over a four day period 124 days into the pregnancy. Before this four day period, the beginnings of the heart are not viable, and can not survive outside the womb.

Researchers and neonatologists studying fetal cardiac development have typically run into critical limitations, as many of the known structures of the human heart can only be identified in the latter stages of gestation. Now, a group of investigators at the University of Leeds has just published data, using cutting-edge imaging technology, that shows that major structures of a baby's heart form in just four days. Findings from the new study—published today in Scientific Reports in an article entitled “Ventricular Myocardium Development and the Role of Connexins in the Human Fetal Heart”—help identify the precise time when the four chambers of the heart develop, opening up the possibility that doctors could eventually be able to monitor babies during this critical phase of their development.

Remarkably, the research team found that the most dramatic changes occurred over a four-day period 124 days into the pregnancy. Within this brief period, the muscle tissue of the heart rapidly organizes. Cardiac fibers were laid down to form the helix shape of the heart, within which the four chambers of the heart form. Without this essential architecture in place, the fetal heart cannot survive outside the womb.

If there was any doubt about the Left's support for INFANTICDE ....

Read this psycho Leftist OP.

Folks these Leftist are EVIL ...

As EVIL as it comes ...

Only the most EVIL among us would adamantly support he MUDER of UNBORN Children ...

Think about it ....

Think about who these people are ....

You’re wrong.

Most organs begin to form about 3 weeks after fertilization, which equals 5 weeks of pregnancy (because doctors date pregnancy from the first day of the woman's last menstrual period, which is typically 2 weeks before fertilization). At this time, the embryo elongates, first suggesting a human shape. Shortly thereafter, the area that will become the brain and spinal cord (neural tube) begins to develop. The heart and major blood vessels begin to develop earlier—by about day 16.

Beginning to form is not the same as formed.

Forum List

Back