When Israel's military aggression against Palestinians becomes civilian aggression

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012
Violence against Palestinians is no longer reserved for Israeli soldiers or settlers, who still justify their actions with “security.” The young Israelis who have been attacking Palestinians, unprovoked, on the streets of Western, educated, democratic Israel, have no such excuse.

In the last week or so, the number of images of Palestinians laying in hospital beds or being carried away in coffins that has appeared in my news cycle is astonishing. It is not necessarily that there are more incidents of violence (it’s certainly plausible though I have not seen any statistical reports yet), but the media is certainly giving it more attention, and it certainly feels like there are more.

A resident of Jaffa beaten viciously by Jews by the Tel Aviv beach, a young Palestinian woman attacked while waiting for the Jerusalem light rail, a man assaulted by the Sea of Galilee, a waiter in Tel Aviv, the list goes on and on. All of these Palestinians are victims of hate crimes and racist violence committed by Jewish Israelis across Israel.

But there is also a woman in East Jerusalem, Ruba Odeh, who suffered a serious injury to her jaw after being shot by a Border Policeman on the roof of her own home in Silwan with a foam-tipped plastic bullet. Or 13-year old Mohammed al-Kurdi, wounded by IDF fire in the Aida refugee camp near Bethlehem. Or 23-year old Mohammed Asfour, who died Thursday from his wounds after being shot in the head two weeks ago during a West Bank demonstration in solidarity with the 4,593 Palestinian prisoners currently held in Israeli jails

When Israel?s military aggression against Palestinians becomes civilian aggression | +972 Magazine

This is what I call a picture of Zionism in action in Palestine!

It is military and civilian attacks of Zionists upon the indigenous Palestinian people!

Mohammed Asfour is the sixth Palestinian to be fatally shot by the IDF in 2013.

Btselem recounts the other five IDF fatal shootings of Palestinians, of 2013:

[/QUOTE]

11 January 2013: Anwar al-Mamluk, 20, of a-Shuja’iyeh neighborhood, Gaza City, fatally shot by soldiers near the Gaza military perimeter fence

12 January 2013: ‘Udai Darwish, 21, of Dura, Hebron District, fatally shot by soldiers after crossing the Separation Barrier into Israel on his way to work

15 January 2013: Samir ‘Awad, 17, of the village of Budrus, Ramallah District, fatally shot by soldiers beside the Separation Barrier near Budrus

18 January 2013: Saleh al-‘Amarin, 15, of al-‘Aza Refugee Camp, Bethlehem District, fatally shot by soldiers in al-A’yda Refugee Camp

23 January 2013: Lubna al-Hanash, 21, of Bethlehem, fatally shot by soldiers near Route 60, by al-‘Arrub Refugee Camp

Five Palestinian civilians fatally shot by Israeli military in January 2013 | B'Tselem

20130115_death_of_samir_awwad_0.jpg

Palestinian youth Samir ‘Awad, 17, being taken to the hospital on January 15, he later succumbed to his injuries

Sherri

Violence against Palestinians is no longer reserved for Israeli soldiers or settlers, who still justify their actions with “security.” The young Israelis who have been attacking Palestinians, unprovoked, on the streets of Western, educated, democratic Israel, have no such excuse.

In the last week or so, the number of images of Palestinians laying in hospital beds or being carried away in coffins that has appeared in my news cycle is astonishing. It is not necessarily that there are more incidents of violence (it’s certainly plausible though I have not seen any statistical reports yet), but the media is certainly giving it more attention, and it certainly feels like there are more.

A resident of Jaffa beaten viciously by Jews by the Tel Aviv beach, a young Palestinian woman attacked while waiting for the Jerusalem light rail, a man assaulted by the Sea of Galilee, a waiter in Tel Aviv, the list goes on and on. All of these Palestinians are victims of hate crimes and racist violence committed by Jewish Israelis across Israel.

But there is also a woman in East Jerusalem, Ruba Odeh, who suffered a serious injury to her jaw after being shot by a Border Policeman on the roof of her own home in Silwan with a foam-tipped plastic bullet. Or 13-year old Mohammed al-Kurdi, wounded by IDF fire in the Aida refugee camp near Bethlehem. Or 23-year old Mohammed Asfour, who died Thursday from his wounds after being shot in the head two weeks ago during a West Bank demonstration in solidarity with the 4,593 Palestinian prisoners currently held in Israeli jails

When Israel?s military aggression against Palestinians becomes civilian aggression | +972 Magazine

This is what I call a picture of Zionism in action in Palestine!

It is military and civilian attacks of Zionists upon the indigenous Palestinian people!

Mohammed Asfour is the sixth Palestinian to be fatally shot by the IDF in 2013.

Btselem recounts the other five IDF fatal shootings of Palestinians, of 2013:

11 January 2013: Anwar al-Mamluk, 20, of a-Shuja’iyeh neighborhood, Gaza City, fatally shot by soldiers near the Gaza military perimeter fence

12 January 2013: ‘Udai Darwish, 21, of Dura, Hebron District, fatally shot by soldiers after crossing the Separation Barrier into Israel on his way to work

15 January 2013: Samir ‘Awad, 17, of the village of Budrus, Ramallah District, fatally shot by soldiers beside the Separation Barrier near Budrus

18 January 2013: Saleh al-‘Amarin, 15, of al-‘Aza Refugee Camp, Bethlehem District, fatally shot by soldiers in al-A’yda Refugee Camp

23 January 2013: Lubna al-Hanash, 21, of Bethlehem, fatally shot by soldiers near Route 60, by al-‘Arrub Refugee Camp

Five Palestinian civilians fatally shot by Israeli military in January 2013 | B'Tselem

20130115_death_of_samir_awwad_0.jpg

Palestinian youth Samir ‘Awad, 17, being taken to the hospital on January 15, he later succumbed to his injuries

Sherri[/QUOTE]

The article discussed in the OP appearing in Israeli 972 Magazine was written by Israeli Mairav Zonszein, an independent writer, translator and editor, originally from NYC. She began working as an editor with Haaretz.com in September 2012, and has worked for various NGOs that challenge Israel’s occupation. She is also active with Ta’ayush, a direct-action Arab-Jewish group whose activism focuses on the rural Palestinian communities of the South Hebron Hills.

I notice in current articles today reported in 972 Magazine that there is one article after another addressing Apartheid practices being practiced in Israel.

Now, these are the Israelis I admire, they stay there and oppose and report on the human rights abuses. That takes a lot of courage and guts and they all have my deepest admiration and respect, and my Prayers are with them as they take their stands against Injustice in Palestine!

Sherri

The action of the youth in Jaffa has no excuse, and should be condemned, no matter the views of political issues.

It's a war against bored teenes who found an easy victim, in that case, Arab, but at the same time it could have been an old lady or a disabled kid. The war against violence is something we all must fight. I hope the paretns of the attacking kids will be punished for not making sure their kids are educated enough to NOT do such things.

As for the incident in Jerusalem, it is still not clear what happened.

And I am waiting for Sherri to now condemn the attacks on Jews from the Arab side. because those happen in Jerusalem all the time, yet I do not see Sherri caring that much

The action of the youth in Jaffa has no excuse, and should be condemned, no matter the views of political issues.

It's a war against bored teenes who found an easy victim, in that case, Arab, but at the same time it could have been an old lady or a disabled kid. The war against violence is something we all must fight. I hope the paretns of the attacking kids will be punished for not making sure their kids are educated enough to NOT do such things.

And I am waiting for Sherri to now condemn the attacks on Jews from the Arab side. because those happen in Jerusalem all the time, yet I do not see Sherri caring that much

According to Sherri, Israelis are all legit targets

I know, her hypocrisy speaks volums

I know, her hypocrisy speaks volums
Not only speaks but screams like a banshee.

I am not going to blame the Jewish victims of The Holocaust for what befell them, even when some tried to fight back, and I am not going to blame the victims of Israel's Occupation for what is befalling them, either.

No Hypocrisy, I am not criticizing the victims of crimes against humanity, Israel's Occupation of Palestine and other crimes against humanity!

Holocaust, Occupation, Slavery, Genocide, Apartheid, Zionism, they are all Crimes Agaianst Humanity! My way is not to choose violence to oppose them, but I recognize intl law says different things, so I choose silence as a response to chosen opposition of victims of these atrocities.

Sherri

When you bring up the Holocaust it sounds dirty, because you've justified the crimes made against our people, on the Israeli Palestinian conflict.

You will not stand for victims of abuse and hate crimes of those were Jews, and that is because you believe they're legitimate targets.

But that's to be expected, after you stated, shamelessly, that Israel should be destroyed.

577398_577541738924841_1119230577_n.jpg

188831_577544672257881_893704184_n.jpg

Ramallah|Occupied Palestine: Part of the funeral procession of martyr Muhammad Asfour in his hometown Aboud. Asfour was struck in the head by a rubber-coated steel bullet during an anti-Israel demonstration in the West Bank on Feb. 22. The crowd had been demonstrating in solidarity with Palestinian prisoners held by Israel when clashes erupted.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/WeUn...ink/490588817672449/#!/oppalestine?group_id=0

There are so many new FACEBOOK PAGES reporting on the human rights abuses and protests, I cannot even keep up with all of them.

Watching a REVOLUTION unfold before me , this is Beautiful to Behold!

The struggle for Freedom from Occupation will never be overcome!

The people are Blessed through the blood of the martyrs!

Sherri

576040_577546142257734_1153759001_n.jpg

Bilin Today!

Bil'in Weekly Demonstration 08.03.2013

Look at that Palestinian David!

Sherri

Occupation invites Resistance!

And all crimes againt humanity from the time of Creation do the same, they invite people of conscience to come forward and take a stand against them, they invite people of conscience to oppose them!

I wish it could all be non violent, but it never has been that way!

Sherri

I am not going to blame the Jewish victims of The Holocaust for what befell them, even when some tried to fight back, and I am not going to blame the victims of Israel's Occupation for what is befalling them, either.

No Hypocrisy, I am not criticizing the victims of crimes against humanity, Israel's Occupation of Palestine and other crimes against humanity!

Holocaust, Occupation, Slavery, Genocide, Apartheid, Zionism, they are all Crimes Agaianst Humanity! My way is not to choose violence to oppose them, but I recognize intl law says different things, so I choose silence as a response to chosen opposition of victims of these atrocities.

Sherri

Holocaust -- Historically --virtually ALL ---accomplished by a com-
bination of THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE (all three reichs) and its
spawn---- and DAR AL ISLAM

Occupation--- as in the USA occupation of germany and japan

Genocide -- as holocaust---virtually ALL --accomplished by a com-
bination of THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE--3 reichs and
DAR AL ISLAM

Slavery -- until very recently legal and prevalent in the holy roman
empire and its spawn in the americas. and still legal in islam.
Outlawed in Judaism by rabbinical decree--sometime around
300 AD---and never the chattel slavery favored by the
holy roman empire and dar al islam

Apartheid ---included in the Justinian code---THE LEGAL CODE
of the Holy Roman empire and adopted in shariah ---outlawed
since its the inception thereof in jewish law to the point that non jews
cannot be excluded even from the Temple by law

ZIONISM---the crime for which Jesus of nazareth was crucified --
to wit SEDITION AGAINST ROME ---he and an estimated
20,000 other Jews during the ILLUSTRIOU albeit short career of
PONTIUS PILATE----roman prelate of judea

Last edited:

Ramallah|Occupied Palestine: Part of the funeral procession of martyr Muhammad Asfour in his hometown Aboud. Asfour was struck in the head by a rubber-coated steel bullet during an anti-Israel demonstration in the West Bank on Feb. 22. The crowd had been demonstrating in solidarity with Palestinian prisoners held by Israel when clashes erupted.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/WeUn...ink/490588817672449/#!/oppalestine?group_id=0

There are so many new FACEBOOK PAGES reporting on the human rights abuses and protests, I cannot even keep up with all of them.

Sherri
So, do you support Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood? Do you donate to their cause or are you just an armchair cheerleader?

I wonder if sherri will comment on the program to
free SHAYKH ABDEL RAHMAN ??? he's an human
being too-----and even an ISA RESPECTER

Sherri
So, do you support Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood? Do you donate to their cause or are you just an armchair cheerleader?

An outpouring of mourners for a man murdered by the Occupier of Palestine in the Occupied West Bank is not an action of Hamas or the Muslim Brotherhood.

I support an end to the Occupation of Palestine and all Palestinians living in Freedom from Israeli Occupation!

Sherri

Forum List

Back