Zone1 When do you think slavery would have ended in the United States if we had no Civil War.

They retrained. And what about the billions of new jobs? You can't win this.,
Well, not entirely. If a man is a skilled machinist, and his place of employment installs a new CNC machine, bet you that they did it to save on labor costs and get more accuracy at the same time.
I made parts for cardboard box making machines and they did the work of a lot of men. To save labor and do so accurately. I also made parts for soap packing machines and they would package a ton of soap per minute accurately. How many men would it take per minute to package a ton of soap?

It seems you have watched far too many hollywood movies of those old days.

Bear in mind how hollywood depicts the cowboy and the gun fighter. They both wear very nice suits and the gunman is super quick to draw his pistol. However those who were better at aiming the pistol could kill the fast gun artist.

Good for you. I hope you made a profit.

Billions of jobs exist because of the Second Industrial Revolution and after. AI will help continue that.

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

Slavery was nowhere near as profitable for people as some want to think. The southern slave states had far more poverty and were far more disadvantaged than was the more affluent North, even those Northern states that were slave states.

It is important to know that the Emancipation Proclamation did not free the slaves in slave states that did not secede from the union. It only freed the slaves in the states that did. It's purpose was to punish the South, not to help the slaves.

Nevertheless the union slave states would choose to abolish slavery just as one by one country after country throughout the world were doing so, and it is inevitable that the South would come to the same decision within a few years after the secession. I am pretty sure that there could have been negotiations to reunite the southern states with the Union and if that process had been utilized, the trauma to the people of the South, both black and white and all other hues, would have been far less.

The Civil War didn't have to happen and it would have been better had it not. But it did and it is part of our history and heritage.

According to ESPN, Athletes and the Marxist loser on the right slavery still exists LOL.

They should just refuse to sign any contracts. If I never saw another black basketball player in my life, it wouldn't bother me.

Slave owners were lazy repugnant people. That fact cannot be disputed. Anti Christian for sure.

declaration-of-independence-gettyimages-517212810.jpg

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

Even after the Civil War the so called civilized Indian tribes didn't give up their slaves until 1866.

Educated people know that people have conquered other people since time.

Educated people know every land was invaded by someone in time.

Educated people know slavery was not born of racism, but simply stronger conquering the weaker

Educated people know that African slave gathering was relatively new in time context

Educated people know American Indians conquered other Indians....Africans enslaving other Africans....etc

So who can argue any of these statements?

We really need to reclaim the narrative and emphasise the positive aspects of the slave experience.

Forum List

Back