When did Zionism have anything to do with religion?

Following on from a recent comment by a British Zionist I thought I would ask this question of peoples views/understanding of Zionism....

It seems that even the Zionist supporters are now stating that Zionism has NOTHING to do with religion...

Here is what the British Zionist posted...

Zionism (Hebrew: צִיּוֹנוּת, IPA: [t͡sijo̞ˈnut], translit.Tziyonut, after Zion) is a nationalist and political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the reestablishment of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the historic Land of Israel

I am all for the establishment of homelands for displaced peoples... The Kurds for example....

However, as far as I am aware, The Kurds are not looking for a homeland that is exclusively Kurdish! They live where they have ALWAYS lived, but have been oppressed/persecuted through the millennia.

There are a great many tribes around the world who wish for a homeland, for nationalist and political reasons, NOT for religious reasons!

Two other prominent examples, Tamil and Sawaari, have also been fighting for decades for a homeland...

All are tribes, not religions!

Whether your view of nationalism is primordialist or modernist, the fact remains that Zionism is a Nationalistic Political movement that, to be fair, is outdated and frowned upon by modern society!

So you LIE again about Isreal saying it wants to be purely Jewish when that is obviously not true. It is your lot the muslim scum that wants the world to be just Islamic. Yes Zionism is a political movement just as arab nationalism is a political movement, the difference being it is arab nationalism that uses islam as an excuse to murder, rape and steal from others. So who is better all told arab nationalists like IS, MB, AQ, BH, hamas, fatah and hezbolla or peaceful Zionism.

So it's a lie that Netanyahu wants a "Jewish State"?

So, it's a lie that the "Jewish State" law would come before true democracy?

No... The nationalistic and political ideas of Zionism are to create a "Jewish State", as said by Netanyahu in the recent elections!

What is the Jewish state bill - Telegraph
Netanyahu s Jewish State Is an Affront to Judaism New Voices

Correct and at the same time wants the Atheists, muslims and Christians that are prepared to live in peace be full citizens of Israel. By Jewish he means one based on Jewish traditions and culture. Not as the arab muslims want for Palestine a state solely for the muslims and their slaves.

Following on from a recent comment by a British Zionist I thought I would ask this question of peoples views/understanding of Zionism....

It seems that even the Zionist supporters are now stating that Zionism has NOTHING to do with religion...

Zionism (Hebrew: צִיּוֹנוּת, IPA: [t͡sijo̞ˈnut], translit.Tziyonut, after Zion) is a nationalist and political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the reestablishment of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the historic Land of Israel

I am all for the establishment of homelands for displaced peoples... The Kurds for example....

However, as far as I am aware, The Kurds are not looking for a homeland that is exclusively Kurdish! They live where they have ALWAYS lived, but have been oppressed/persecuted through the millennia.

There are a great many tribes around the world who wish for a homeland, for nationalist and political reasons, NOT for religious reasons!

Two other prominent examples, Tamil and Sawaari, have also been fighting for decades for a homeland...

Whether your view of nationalism is primordialist or modernist, the fact remains that Zionism is a Nationalistic Political movement that, to be fair, is outdated and frowned upon by modern society!

So you LIE again about Isreal saying it wants to be purely Jewish when that is obviously not true. It is your lot the muslim scum that wants the world to be just Islamic. Yes Zionism is a political movement just as arab nationalism is a political movement, the difference being it is arab nationalism that uses islam as an excuse to murder, rape and steal from others. So who is better all told arab nationalists like IS, MB, AQ, BH, hamas, fatah and hezbolla or peaceful Zionism.
yeah the muslims wanna steal land from people just like the jews. two peas of the same pod. you twin religions really should kiss and make up. you two are really pissing the rest of the world off and putting us all in danger. grow up you big nose jews and get over your chosen few status. it's a fable. you aren't special and your God is going to show you so by punishing you all again. as always

Ah yes those peaceful Zionists...

Zionist political violence - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Which pales into insignificance when compared to Islamic political, religious and plain old psychopathic violence as the pictures I have uploaded show.

Well now we are calling zionism extremism and comapring it to a terrorist group. Therein lies your bias.

In fact the whole question of zionism is a non-issue. Israel exists and that is a reality so the term in of itself is irrelevant except to those with a bias in discrediting Israel's existence.

Well now we are calling zionism extremism and comapring it to a terrorist group. Therein lies your bias.

In fact the whole question of zionism is a non-issue. Israel exists and that is a reality so the term in of itself is irrelevant except to those with a bias in discrediting Israel's existence.

The Zionists in Palestine were terrorists. Israel was created through the success of the terrorism of the Stern Gang, Irgun and other Jewish terrorists.

RACIST LIAR

zion has been a center for their faith since abraham and the sacrifice.

So what? Constantinople has been the center of the Orthodox Church since it was established. No one is suggesting that the current inhabitants be removed and the place returned to the Greeks.

So what? Constantinople has been the center of the Orthodox Church since it was established. No one is suggesting that the current inhabitants be removed and the place returned to the Greeks.

Yet here you are suggesting that the current inhabitants of Israel be removed and the place given to the illegal arab muslim immigrants

Zionism is the term for the movement to provide self determination for the Jewish people.

Things like Subhumanity, here, and all the other creatures that persecute Jews like they do display why it was so very necessary.

The Zionists in Palestine were terrorists. Israel was created through the success of the terrorism of the Stern Gang, Irgun and other Jewish terrorists.

And the Hagganah and Maccabbee against the terrorism that the Mufti of Jerusalem, Hussani (misspelled) kept inciting the Arabs to visit against the Jews/Israelis. The Hagganah were at first a defense against the mufti, the Maccabbee broke out of the Haganah as the ones tired of not striking back.

You always leave out the details that do not suit your narrative.

Last edited:
No, they don't have some fictitious writing supporting their rights to a homeland but, <snip>

The book you mention is the greatest fictional book ever written...

I am sorry you have not educated yourself. The Bible is not a work of fiction. Not in its entirety. Many of the historical parts of it have been proven archeologically.

Erm...no.

"This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel:
  • the Israelites were never in Egypt,
  • did not wander in the desert,
  • did not conquer the land in a military campaign and
  • did not pass it on to the 12 tribes of Israel
Perhaps even harder to swallow is that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom.

And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, YHWH, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai."---Professor Ze'ev Herzog, Professor of Archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel-Aviv University.

Biblical Archaeologists, on the other hand, are only interested in finding evidence to support Bible/Torah stories, their objectivity is questionable.

No, they don't have some fictitious writing supporting their rights to a homeland but, <snip>

I am sorry you have not educated yourself. The Bible is not a work of fiction. Not in its entirety. Many of the historical parts of it have been proven archeologically.

Erm...no.

"This is what archaeologists have learned from their excavations in the Land of Israel:
Perhaps even harder to swallow is that the united monarchy of David and Solomon, which is described by the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom.

And it will come as an unpleasant shock to many that the God of Israel, YHWH, had a female consort and that the early Israelite religion adopted monotheism only in the waning period of the monarchy and not at Mount Sinai."---Professor Ze'ev Herzog, Professor of Archaeology at The Department of Archaeology and Ancient Near Eastern Cultures at Tel-Aviv University.

Biblical Archaeologists, on the other hand, are only interested in finding evidence to support Bible/Torah stories, their objectivity is questionable.

How about some links to substantiate your claims above, and not those made up ones from left wing and islamomoron sources.

Erm...no.

you forget about goshen, the art work in the royal tombs, the proto-hebrew writings on a sarcophagus, the semitic style palace or the small pyramid that was the tomb of the foreign viser, joseph.
You don't follow archeology news regularly?

I am sorry that I have not been sucked into a fictitious piece of literature... I have read of people believe in Harry Potter also! Many historical parts of that particular book have been 'proven' through archaeology, there is NO doubting that... However, as you clearly state, "not in its entirety"...

There are a GREAT many books written that a 'proven' but "not in its entirety".... Books based upon SOME facts and a LOT of fiction!

However, when one reads of a 'Sky Wizard' telling someone that they have to go and invade someone else land and then make it THEIR 'homeland'... One does have to question the 'sanity' of those who believe completely...

Fiction starts from the very beginning of the story... What happens after that is, well, at best made up by a few, edited by many throughout the millennia....

I am sorry that I have not been sucked into a fictitious piece of literature... I have read of people believe in Harry Potter also! Many historical parts of that particular book have been 'proven' through archaeology, there is NO doubting that... However, as you clearly state, "not in its entirety"...

There are a GREAT many books written that a 'proven' but "not in its entirety".... Books based upon SOME facts and a LOT of fiction!

However, when one reads of a 'Sky Wizard' telling someone that they have to go and invade someone else land and then make it THEIR 'homeland'... One does have to question the 'sanity' of those who believe completely...

Fiction starts from the very beginning of the story... What happens after that is, well, at best made up by a few, edited by many throughout the millennia....

So you mean the Koran that is saying that 1400 years after it was first regurgitated, and the muslims are still acting on the words when the false prophet said allah has given you the world to own

Erm...no.

you forget about goshen, the art work in the royal tombs, the proto-hebrew writings on a sarcophagus, the semitic style palace or the small pyramid that was the tomb of the foreign viser, joseph.
You don't follow archeology news regularly?

Not at all, those are a matter for Egyptian Archaeologists to comment upon and are irrelevant to this topic.

Erm...no.

How about some links to substantiate your claims above, and not those made up ones from left wing and islamomoron sources.

I would suggest you read a book, but that's waaay beyond your capabilities. Nevertheless I'm, as ever, happy to relieve your thirst for enlightenment from the darknes of your right wing ignorance and bigotry. :)

Deconstructing the walls of Jericho Mideastfacts

Harry Potter isn't TRUE!!?? OMG! Je suis désolé! :D

And the Hagganah and Maccabbee against the terrorism that the Mufti of Jerusalem, Hussani (misspelled) kept inciting the Arabs to visit against the Jews/Israelis. The Hagganah were at first a defense against the mufti, the Maccabbee broke out of the Haganah as the ones tired of not striking back.

You always leave out the details that do not suit your narrative.
:bsflag:More "Mufti the Bogeyman" rubbish.

Forum List

Back