When did Zionism have anything to do with religion?

Humanity

Gold Member
Jul 17, 2014
Following on from a recent comment by a British Zionist I thought I would ask this question of peoples views/understanding of Zionism....

It seems that even the Zionist supporters are now stating that Zionism has NOTHING to do with religion...

Here is what the British Zionist posted...

Zionism (Hebrew: צִיּוֹנוּת, IPA: [t͡sijo̞ˈnut], translit.Tziyonut, after Zion) is a nationalist and political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the reestablishment of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the historic Land of Israel

I am all for the establishment of homelands for displaced peoples... The Kurds for example....

However, as far as I am aware, The Kurds are not looking for a homeland that is exclusively Kurdish! They live where they have ALWAYS lived, but have been oppressed/persecuted through the millennia.

There are a great many tribes around the world who wish for a homeland, for nationalist and political reasons, NOT for religious reasons!

Two other prominent examples, Tamil and Sawaari, have also been fighting for decades for a homeland...

All are tribes, not religions!

Whether your view of nationalism is primordialist or modernist, the fact remains that Zionism is a Nationalistic Political movement that, to be fair, is outdated and frowned upon by modern society!

Following on from a recent comment by a British Zionist I thought I would ask this question of peoples views/understanding of Zionism....

It seems that even the Zionist supporters are now stating that Zionism has NOTHING to do with religion...

Zionism (Hebrew: צִיּוֹנוּת, IPA: [t͡sijo̞ˈnut], translit.Tziyonut, after Zion) is a nationalist and political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the reestablishment of a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the historic Land of Israel

I am all for the establishment of homelands for displaced peoples... The Kurds for example....

However, as far as I am aware, The Kurds are not looking for a homeland that is exclusively Kurdish! They live where they have ALWAYS lived, but have been oppressed/persecuted through the millennia.

There are a great many tribes around the world who wish for a homeland, for nationalist and political reasons, NOT for religious reasons!

Two other prominent examples, Tamil and Sawaari, have also been fighting for decades for a homeland...

Whether your view of nationalism is primordialist or modernist, the fact remains that Zionism is a Nationalistic Political movement that, to be fair, is outdated and frowned upon by modern society!

So you LIE again about Isreal saying it wants to be purely Jewish when that is obviously not true. It is your lot the muslim scum that wants the world to be just Islamic. Yes Zionism is a political movement just as arab nationalism is a political movement, the difference being it is arab nationalism that uses islam as an excuse to murder, rape and steal from others. So who is better all told arab nationalists like IS, MB, AQ, BH, hamas, fatah and hezbolla or peaceful Zionism.

So you LIE again about Isreal saying it wants to be purely Jewish when that is obviously not true. It is your lot the muslim scum that wants the world to be just Islamic. Yes Zionism is a political movement just as arab nationalism is a political movement, the difference being it is arab nationalism that uses islam as an excuse to murder, rape and steal from others. So who is better all told arab nationalists like IS, MB, AQ, BH, hamas, fatah and hezbolla or peaceful Zionism.
Poor,at least you should be able to spell "ISRAEL" correctly..but like most of your prose it's inaccurate........

So it's a lie that Netanyahu wants a "Jewish State"?

So, it's a lie that the "Jewish State" law would come before true democracy?

No... The nationalistic and political ideas of Zionism are to create a "Jewish State", as said by Netanyahu in the recent elections!

What is the Jewish state bill - Telegraph
Netanyahu s Jewish State Is an Affront to Judaism New Voices

I am just fine with the Jews having a sliver of land in otherwise muslim states. I don't see anyone moaning about that, which I call hypocrisy.

I am just fine with the Jews having a sliver of land in otherwise muslim states. I don't see anyone moaning about that, which I call hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy here....

I have NO problem Jews having their own land, the same as Arabs having their own land...

Well now we are calling zionism extremism and comapring it to a terrorist group. Therein lies your bias.

In fact the whole question of zionism is a non-issue. Israel exists and that is a reality so the term in of itself is irrelevant except to those with a bias in discrediting Israel's existence.

Ah yes those peaceful Zionists...

Zionist political violence - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Well now we are calling zionism extremism and comapring it to a terrorist group. Therein lies your bias.

In fact the whole question of zionism is a non-issue. Israel exists and that is a reality so the term in of itself is irrelevant except to those with a bias in discrediting Israel's existence.

Well, now it appears that you are showing signs of hypocrisy...

Zionists being compared to terrorist groups is nothing new!

No hypocrisy here....

I have NO problem Jews having their own land, the same as Arabs having their own land...

The Arabs have PLENTY of land in the M.E.; in fact I thought that is part of the reason the kingdom of Jordan was sliced out of the original mandate for Palestine by the British. To give the Arabs their portion of Palestine. Because, do not forget that the original Mandate for Palestine included much land to the East of the Jordan river.

Just sayin'

Humanity, nice post. However besides the other holes I punched into other replies so far, here is the thing about Zionism.

It is and it isn't based upon religion. It is the fulfillment of many prophecies in the Bible, whereupon the Jews would be called back from the four corners of the Earth to RE-establish their home country in Erezt Israel. Sure the other groups you mention, ala the Kurds, etc., should have their rights to establish a home land as well. But where? And what are they missing? A (thee) book full of prophecies and history(s) of their culture, nation, and plight.

I want to add to this. I do not believe that the Jews are a chosen people as in to be regarded above all others. They are the ones to whom the book was given, even the Koran calls them "The people of the book". I do not even believe that most Jews think that they are "chosen" as in being above all others like a superior race.

Nope, IMHO God just chose this one dude (Abraham) a few thousand years ago and figured that he was going to use him and all his descendants and their story, history and prophecies to prove to them and eventually the rest of the world that he is thee I AM. The creator of the world.

Get it?

No hypocrisy here....

The Arabs have PLENTY of land in the M.E.; in fact I thought that is part of the reason the kingdom of Jordan was sliced out of the original mandate for Palestine by the British. To give the Arabs their portion of Palestine. Because, do not forget that the original Mandate for Palestine included much land to the East of the Jordan river.

Just sayin'

Yes they do Teddy....

Not sure what you were sayin' but you said it and I agreed with it ;-)

Humanity, nice post. However besides the other holes I punched into other replies so far, here is the thing about Zionism.

It is and it isn't based upon religion. It is the fulfillment of many prophecies in the Bible, whereupon the Jews would be called back from the four corners of the Earth to RE-establish their home country in Erezt Israel. Sure the other groups you mention, ala the Kurds, etc., should have their rights to establish a home land as well. But where? And what are they missing? A (thee) book full of prophecies and history(s) of their culture, nation, and plight.

I want to add to this. I do not believe that the Jews are a chosen people as in to be regarded above all others. They are the ones to whom the book was given, even the Koran calls them "The people of the book". I do not even believe that most Jews think that they are "chosen" as in being above all others like a superior race.

Nope, IMHO God just chose this one dude (Abraham) a few thousand years ago and figured that he was going to use him and all his descendants and their story, history and prophecies to prove to them and eventually the rest of the world that he is thee I AM. The creator of the world.

Get it?

To deal with the Kurds first, there are already several maps of suggested Kurdistan that, often, incorporate portions of a number of countries. There is an autonomous region in Iraq, Kurdistan.... No, they don't have some fictitious writing supporting their rights to a homeland but, surely that is pretty irrelevant as all people have a right to a homeland.

Whilst I don't want to offend anyone's religious beliefs....

The book you mention is the greatest fictional book ever written...

When someone comes up with the bearded guy in the sky as a reason for causing some much shit in the world I have to seriously question why!

My preference is to ignore the book and use common sense... Which says that, yes, EVEN the Jews have a right to a homeland.

Actually by your comparison, the land belongs to the Jews.

There are Kurds all over the world today, born and raised in Europe, U.S., etc. If tomorrow an independent state of Kurdistan comes into existence, and these Kurds who are being oppressed and killed by Islamic savages decide to go back and join their brethren in their ancient homeland, are these migrating Kurds now colonists and invaders in the land of their ancestors?

And what if there are a bunch of Arab Muslim asshole invaders already there, who disagree with this state...do they then get to kill Kurds as they please and in the name of Allah, as they are today?

Like the Kurds all that the Jews did was join their brethren who have kept a presence in that land for thousands of years.

Game set match.

Well, now it appears that you are showing signs of hypocrisy...

Zionists being compared to terrorist groups is nothing new!

Don't know, today the words Islam, Islamism, Muslim, etc. have all become synonymous with terrorist barbarian animal. The world is starting to become immune to seeing Muslim savagery. It's almost like people expect it from them.

No, they don't have some fictitious writing supporting their rights to a homeland but, <snip>

The book you mention is the greatest fictional book ever written...

I am sorry you have not educated yourself. The Bible is not a work of fiction. Not in its entirety. Many of the historical parts of it have been proven archeologically.

The Zionists in Palestine were terrorists. Israel was created through the success of the terrorism of the Stern Gang, Irgun and other Jewish terrorists.

Poor,at least you should be able to spell "ISRAEL" correctly..but like most of your prose it's inaccurate........

The desperation of the islamomorons using typo's to win a point. Such a pity it fails every time as it just shows how deaperate they are,

Forum List

Back