When America was American...How far apart were party ideologies?

Remember when both parties sided with real Americans?
Remember when both parties agreed that Americans come first?
Remember when both parties pushed decency, morality, family values and the American spirit?
Remember when both parties encouraged patriotism, NATIONALISM and respect for America’s history?
Remember when it was the small things that separated the parties?
Where and how did things go so wrong? How and the hell did the American public let things get to this point?
Maybe when the gop abandoned the civility of Reagan who let in millions of refugees.
Nonsense Reagan didn't let in any refugees. Democrats lied to him. Reagan thought he was giving amnesty in exchange for border enforcement. Democrats knew it was a lie when they made the offer.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. The issue I raised was refugees, not amnesty. Google is not your enemy..... well a search engine isn't

Remember when both parties pushed decency, morality, family values and the American spirit?
Remember when both parties encouraged patriotism, NATIONALISM and respect for America’s history?
Where and how did things go so wrong? How and the hell did the American public let things get to this point?
Maybe when the gop abandoned the civility of Reagan who let in millions of refugees.
Nonsense Reagan didn't let in any refugees. Democrats lied to him. Reagan thought he was giving amnesty in exchange for border enforcement. Democrats knew it was a lie when they made the offer.
That's just not true, at all.

It was the Republicans in Reagan's Congress that sabotaged Reagan's Amnesty bill, by loosening the penalties against Businesses for hiring illegals.

Business associations like the chamber of commerce lobbied the REPUBLICANS to change Reagan's bill to weaken the punishment for hiring illegals that Reagan had suggested in his plan, and the Republicans did it at the last minute before the bill was passed, from everything that I have read on it.

I believe I also read that Reagan was unaware of them back stabbing him on it, until he read the bill before it was signed, if memory serves....

Gee I donno, it seems like just yesterday when they were all holding hands and singing in solidarity.

Were does the time go?

I know you're pissed at the open attempts to overthrow our nation. I get it.

Sometimes you're a bit over the top. Just sayin'.

We learned to vote ourselves the goodies. Politicians even did us the favors in things we did not ask for. Then we were divided by the politicians with the Progs who are just a slice of the Democrat Party leading the way. Repubs followed along slowly and now are branded as haters in everything if they do not comply. We are now controlled by power fiefdoms in near everything.

Translation : “Remember When White men could beat their wives and treat minorities like shit?”

Translation : “Remember When White men could beat their wives and treat minorities like shit?”
Speaking of over-the-top....

:laughing0301:

It’s exactly what he is saying . But he’s a typical coward with his thinly veiled racism .

Where did the tribal divide start? I'm thinking it started sometime after 9/11 when Jr. told the world that you are either with us or you are against us. That started the "us vs. them" mentality.

It was further exacerbated when people in this country started to blame Muslims for everything. The "us vs. them" mentality was getting stronger.

Then, when Obama was elected, it was even worse. They didn't like him, he had a funny sounding name with a middle name of Hussein. Lots of people tried to say he was a secret Muslim and used that as a way to denounce and try to undermine him. It was also helped along when McConnell got all the GOP together the night Obama was elected, and swore to make him a one term president.

When people on both sides saw that people were becoming used to the rhetoric, decided to ramp it up even further, using scarier and scarier language until the terms had become hopelessly mixed up. Politicians started to use scarier and scarier images, even though most of them would never occur.

And, the people got used to how their politicians were talking, and now, you can't hardly talk to the other side, because they don't want to believe you due to tribalism.

And......................to tell the truth, I don't know how they will stop it.

I don't and I am 63 years old.

Where did the tribal divide start? I'm thinking it started sometime after 9/11 when Jr. told the world that you are either with us or you are against us. That started the "us vs. them" mentality.

It was further exacerbated when people in this country started to blame Muslims for everything. The "us vs. them" mentality was getting stronger.

Then, when Obama was elected, it was even worse. They didn't like him, he had a funny sounding name with a middle name of Hussein. Lots of people tried to say he was a secret Muslim and used that as a way to denounce and try to undermine him. It was also helped along when McConnell got all the GOP together the night Obama was elected, and swore to make him a one term president.

When people on both sides saw that people were becoming used to the rhetoric, decided to ramp it up even further, using scarier and scarier language until the terms had become hopelessly mixed up. Politicians started to use scarier and scarier images, even though most of them would never occur.

And, the people got used to how their politicians were talking, and now, you can't hardly talk to the other side, because they don't want to believe you due to tribalism.

And......................to tell the truth, I don't know how they will stop it.

mushroom clouds, and yellowcake was the tipping point -

It’s exactly what he is saying . But he’s a typical coward with his thinly veiled racism .
over-the-top-52a66effa7b9a.png

Ok. Then you tell me what the OP is talking about . What time period?

What makes it so easy for Dims today, is modern communications.
Even shithole backassward countries, like Honduras, Somolia, etc, hear how American Dims want to give them government handouts once they arrive.
Dims know that once these people can vote, they'll forever have these people on their plantation.

What makes it so easy for Dims today, is modern communications.
Even shithole backassward countries, like Honduras, Somolia, etc, hear how American Dims want to give them government handouts once they arrive.
Dims know that once these people can vote, they'll forever have these people on their plantation.

if the Dems were 1/10th as powerful as idiots like you make them out to be dumbass Republicans would never win another election.

Thanks man...I honestly view that as a compliment. I refuse to be harnessed by PC.

You don't remember minorities being treated badly? I do, and I'm only 55.

As far as the wife beating? My mother got beat by my stepfather until she got divorced from him.

Things are about the same as in the 1960's. Working class right wing hard hats' major complaint back then was about the hippies and the college students who protested. Keep us common folk hating each other while most of the extremely wealthy and big corporations laugh all the way to the bank. And now they can legally bribe and outright buy the politicians whom we think are representing us.

The real question Boot...when will people sack up and realize that it’s time to take “over the top” type action?
After we give Arizona and Texas to Mexico?

Forum List

Back