When A.I. goes rogue....You can die..

You could have just said that I used the wrong verbage... sheesh...

Whilst Urban dictionary carries the definition of “go rogue” as “to cease to follow orders; to act on one's own, usually against expectation or instruction. To pursue one's own interests.” If I follow Urban Dictionary’s definition, does “Trump has been going left and right” mean he has kept going against expectations of the left and the right?

That's not AI, Dumbass, lol! That's GPS. Been around since the 90's, and it uses satellites to tell you where you are. GPS just calculates the fastest routes. It's up to your discretion to see what road it's putting you on.

It's these peoples fault for driving in blizzard conditions. You can die the same way without a GPS on a major interstate.

That's not AI, Dumbass, lol! That's GPS. Been around since the 90's, and it uses satellites to tell you where you are. GPS just calculates the fastest routes. It's up to your discretion to see what road it's putting you on.

It's these peoples fault for driving in blizzard conditions. You can die the same way without a GPS on a major interstate.
Well, Mr. Dumbass, AI is how it thinks and reroutes you. But then that is a basic thought process you don't seem to understand.

Well, Mr. Dumbass, AI is how it thinks and reroutes you. But then that is a basic thought process you don't seem to understand.

It's GPS, not A.I. AI wasn't a thing in the 90's like it is today. GPS isn't terminator... I'm sure there are actual examples of AI getting people hurt, you just need to look for them and not mix up GPS with AI like an idiot.

People could also not drive in blizzard conditions, which kill no matter what road you're on.

Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows?

If you think GPS and navigation programs are safe... Think again..

GPS strands over a dozen vehicles seeking alternate route on Red Desert tundra | County 17

In Wyoming, you can die if you take the wrong alternate route that the AI program tells you is A-O-K

Technology fails.

The drones refuse to see this.

I learned to take a blood pressure using a sphygmomanometer, a stethoscope and my ears. One day, when a visiting nurse was seeing my mother in law, she took my MIL's blood pressure with a digital device and panicked when she got a high pressure. I knew my MIL's normal blood pressure was far less than what the digital device was showing so I offered to let the nurse use my equipment to retake the BP, and SHE DIDN'T KNOW HOW! I took it and it was normal, and the stupid nurse just out of school would not accept my reading and insisted on calling her supervisor, who told her that my blood pressure reading was totally acceptable.

They don't teach people how to do these procedures manually in school these days!

Technology fails.

Who is more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows?

If you think GPS and navigation programs are safe... Think again..

GPS strands over a dozen vehicles seeking alternate route on Red Desert tundra | County 17

In Wyoming, you can die if you take the wrong alternate route that the AI program tells you is A-O-K
Alexa is bad enough. I told the remote to find the game but instead it turned to the View instead.

As I watched in horror as Whoopie began to open her mouth and utter half crazed and bigoted opinions.

I felt my brain start to melt down and implode, right there on the coach.

I then dove for the remote to bypass Alexa and luckily switched the channel before Whoopie got a chance to talk about Hitler and the Jewish Holocaust being just a white thingy. Then Alexa gave a disturbing small chuckle.

It's GPS, not A.I. AI wasn't a thing in the 90's like it is today. GPS isn't terminator... I'm sure there are actual examples of AI getting people hurt, you just need to look for them and not mix up GPS with AI like an idiot.
I think you are both wrong. GPS satellites provide you a location on the Earth. The mapping system you use, Waze (my fav), Google Maps, Apple, etc. takes that coordinate and checks their database of roads. The database has road distances, speed limits, turns and restrictions. Once they figure out what road you're on and where you want to go, there are standard algorithms that determine the shortest or fastest route. So far as I know, no AI is involved. Some AI might be tied in to offer you stops along the way you might like.

I think you are both wrong. GPS satellites provide you a location on the Earth. The mapping system you use, Waze (my fav), Google Maps, Apple, etc. takes that coordinate and checks their database of roads. The database has road distances, speed limits, turns and restrictions. Once they figure out what road you're on and where you want to go, there are standard algorithms that determine the shortest or fastest route. So far as I know, no AI is involved. Some AI might be tied in to offer you stops along the way you might like.
AI makes the determination of the route. LOL... Come on people.

AI, to me at least, indicates a system capable of learning. If I put 1 + 1 into a calculator, it doesn't use AI to return a 2. The route determination is more complex but no learning is required.

I have to wonder why it is so difficult for you to accept that AI is already at work on a daily basis in our world.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????????

AI, to me at least, indicates a system capable of learning. If I put 1 + 1 into a calculator, it doesn't use AI to return a 2. The route determination is more complex but no learning is required.

This is correct. Also, the problem is not with the program (or even AI for those that think it is), the problem lies in the bad data programmed into the system that indicated it was a passable road.

From the sounds of it, that is not even a good route in good weather.

Forum List

Back