What's this?

Now, hold on a minute, all you mindless defenders of the President's military meddling, including stealing millions from their budget.

Those Navy prosecutors were doing their jobs. It is their job to prosecute cases dropped on their desks. I am sure there were Navy defense lawyers assigned to the guy too. In comes the Commander in Chief, who really ought to have better things to do than worry about routine commendation medals designed to bolster morale and fill out the front of soldiers' dress blues with meaningless but impressive looking ribbons.
Commander in Chief gets personally involved and based on HIS OPINION, takes those commendations away from the attorneys who did their jobs when the President didn't agree.
What message does that send to every single lawyer in the military? Only prosecute according to the Commander in Chief's opinion.
So you see the problem now?

Of course he gets to decide. He is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

They should not have received achievement medals. They didn't achieve anything.
It was stripped because Trump didn't like the defendant being prosecuted for murder od a Iraqi.
Billy I am surprised you defend this action. The defendant was acquitted and Trump still took out his pettiness on the prosecutor. Were the prosecutors assigned? When a case is deemed worthy of being brought to trial, is it not a prosecutor's job under the American jurisprudence system to present a case as best he can? I cannot believe you approve of this demeaning action on a 'get even' whim by the President of the United States.

And you laugh at me for fearing what Trump will do down the road as he surrounds himself with flunkies in high positions and gains power. Is this what you think our Constitution protects? Is not this action more worthy of Stalin or Kim Jong Un?

It was stripped because Trump didn't like the defendant being prosecuted for murder od a Iraqi.
Billy I am surprised you defend this action. The defendant was acquitted and Trump still took out his pettiness on the prosecutor. Were the prosecutors assigned? When a case is deemed worthy of being brought to trial, is it not a prosecutor's job under the American jurisprudence system to present a case as best he can? I cannot believe you approve of this demeaning action on a 'get even' whim by the President of the United States.

And you laugh at me for fearing what Trump will do down the road as he surrounds himself with flunkies in high positions and gains power. Is this what you think our Constitution protects? Is not this action more worthy of Stalin or Kim Jong Un?
You said it much better than I could. Bravo.

Gonna impeach him? Lol
You have no issue with this? Really?

I'm worried about bigger fish while you loons chase minnows
Yeah, bigger fish than the President interfering with the Navy awarding medals to its soldiers because the President doesn't like that they did their job.

He commands the Navy. What is your problem?
If you don't know, it's impossible to explain.

Indeed, I would never attempt to explain what's in your head.

Billy I am surprised you defend this action.

Nope, it was stripped because it was undeserved.

There's nothing to defend.

Somebody's gotta do it. Is the Navy leadership so out of control that they would frame a Seal Chief with bogus charges and award themselves a freaking medal when they lost the case?

Okay. He's gone too far now. This is capricious bullshit. The Navy should have never given in to that kind of command.
I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol
You have no issue with this? Really?

I'm worried about bigger fish while you loons chase minnows
Yeah, bigger fish than the President interfering with the Navy awarding medals to its soldiers because the President doesn't like that they did their job.

He commands the Navy. What is your problem?
The boss should weigh in when employees get unjustly rewarded.

You are rationalizing, billy. sigh!

You are rationalizing, billy. sigh!

Rational people rationalize.

That said, I disagree with you in this instance, and have nothing to defend, being right.

It's been said that the trains in Italy ran on time, because those who reported a late train were shot by order of el duce.

Can anyone deny this behavior is akin to our very own Berzelius “Buzz” Windrip***?

WASHINGTON (AP) — "Navy officials said Wednesday they are pulling achievement medals from prosecutors who argued the case against a decorated Navy SEAL who was acquitted in the death of a wounded Islamic State captive after President Donald Trump intervened.

"Trump tweeted earlier Wednesday that he had directed the secretary of the Navy and the chief of naval operations to "immediately withdraw and rescind" the Navy Achievement Medal from prosecutors who argued the case against Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, who was acquitted by military jurors earlier this month."

Navy SEAL prosecutors to be stripped of achievement medals

*** It Can't Happen Here Summary & Study Guide | SuperSummary

Why would they get an achievement medal for losing a case??

That's like giving medals to anyone who just participates.

Good for Trump. I wouldn't award a medal to losers either.

Why would they get an achievement medal for losing a case??

That's like giving medals to anyone who just participates.

Good for Trump. I wouldn't award a medal to losers either.

You really don't get it. That's so sad.

You didn't read the links, maybe if you were curious you might have a light bulb moment.

Yeah I read them and I can see why YOU are for achievement awards for losers.

I'm not. That SEAL was found innocent when a corpsman confessed to killing that guy.

I'm glad the POTUS took an interest in the case and a good man was found innocent.

The only time anyone should get an achievement award is when they actually achieve something. They lost the case. No soup for them.

You really are a moron.

Last edited:
The prosecutors phonied up a case against a hero just to be politically correct. They should be thankful that this is what happened.

Next they will be giving Purple Hearts for a stubbed toe on the parade ground.

Hard to call trying a case that should never have been filed in the first place an achievement. As far as most are concerned an achievement would be filing and winning a case against the fellow that actually did the murder.

Hard to call trying a case that should never have been filed in the first place an achievement. As far as most are concerned an achievement would be filing and winning a case against the fellow that actually did the murder.
Isn’t that how Kerry got one of his?

LMAO Thought he got one for a grain of rice getting imbedded in his ass.

Dumbass stapled his own finger

Forum List

Back