What's this?

Of course he gets to decide. He is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

They should not have received achievement medals. They didn't achieve anything.

The President gets to decide who gets to keep their earned medals and whom to strip because they prosecuted a case he didn't like. Gee, I wonder where Bill Barr will find a legal Presidential right to 'rule' by whim who gets to keep medals they eraned.

Navy SEAL prosecutors to be stripped of achievement medals

"The military publication Task & Purpose first reported that, after Gallagher was found not guilty, members of the U.S. government team that prosecuted him were awarded medals for their "superb results" and "expert litigation."

They got achievement medals for losing?

The President gets to decide who gets to keep their earned medals and whom to strip because they prosecuted a case he didn't like. Gee, I wonder where Bill Barr will find a legal Presidential right to 'rule' by whim who gets to keep medals they eraned.

"The military publication Task & Purpose first reported that, after Gallagher was found not guilty, members of the U.S. government team that prosecuted him were awarded medals for their "superb results" and "expert litigation."

They got achievement medals for losing?

The product of every one gets a participation trophey.

We tried to warn them

Okay. He's gone too far now. This is capricious bullshit. The Navy should have never given in to that kind of command.
I'm ashamed of both.

Okay. He's gone too far now. This is capricious bullshit. The Navy should have never given in to that kind of command.
I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

I'm ashamed of both.

The Navy should have never given in to that kind of command.
The Navy should have never given them Achievement medals.

These would have beena better choice.

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol
You have no issue with this? Really?

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol
Do we have ALL the facts?

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

I'm worried about bigger fish while you loons chase minnows

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

Yeah, bigger fish than the President interfering with the Navy awarding medals to its soldiers because the President doesn't like that they did their job.

Probably because not many people give a shit, one of the most nauseating aspects of American military culture is the shameful distribution of awards and citations, especially to officers. Most of it is complete nonsense, and once you get to the field-grade officer level, they are essentially all self-aggrandizing bullshit.

For every soldier who earns a Bronze Star for valor, there are a hundred who get it for merely showing up for work and not being court-martialed for a period of time. Same for commendation medals. Raised to a higher level for officers.

I don't know if it has been corrected or to what extent, but when I was in Vietnam, EVERY OFFICER got an Officer Efficiency Report that indicated he was the BEST officer his commander had ever known, in seventeen different categories. Every one. Un. Fucking. Believable. To get even ONE check mark at "Excellent" as opposed to "Outstanding" was a DISGRACE that might never be lived down.

Military officers are incredibly good at self-aggrandizement. It is no surprise that these military prosecutors got awards for nothing more than doing the job they were paid to do.

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

Yeah, bigger fish than the President interfering with the Navy awarding medals to its soldiers because the President doesn't like that they did their job.

He commands the Navy. What is your problem?

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

He's CiC....think hard

I'm ashamed of both.

Gonna impeach him? Lol

He commands the Navy. What is your problem?
If you don't know, it's impossible to explain.

Forum List

Back