What's The Best Thing To Do In A Situation Like This One?

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story.

Maybe the better question is, what is the best way to help another person? Sometimes the best thing that a person can do is nothing at all, but in some situations, how do you know if not doing anything is the best way to make the better difference?

God bless you and the kids and their families always!!!

Holly

Why is she obsessing over 4 bucks?
If it becomes a constant thing then refuse to pay any more

I keep a couple of bucks on me for whenever I run into someone who is begging and looks like they need it. 5 bucks really isn't going to break me (hell, I spend more than that at Starbucks for my coffee), and it doesn't really matter much to me if they are secretly rich or really need the cash. Makes me feel good to know that I might have helped someone out, and it's always good to have a bit of good Karma on your side.

Should she have given her daughter the 4 bucks? Not for me to say, as I don't know what the woman's world view is, besides, it's not my place to say how other people should act.

Would I have given my daughter the 4 bucks for her friend? Yes. Because apparently the daughter was good enough friends to want her to go on the trip with her. If later, it was found out she was scamming, it would be a good example to point to for the daughter to learn about scammers. If it was legit, the daughter would have been able to feel good about helping out another human being. Either way, it would be a positive lesson for the cost of a small snack.

Forum List

Back