What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

Well if they keep everything on the up and up they have nothing to worry about.
Uh huh. The only up and up that exists to a fascist is to play ball. All this police state crap they are pulling is American conservatism with it's mask off. I'd ask you how far you would follow them but I already know the answer.

More government, bigger government at the expense of individual liberty – it’s who and what conservatives are.
haha requiring the press and reporters to register is nothing new…treating bloggers like the press isn’t new.

xiden’s white house requires reporters to register tok

haha requiring the press and reporters to register is nothing new…treating bloggers like the press isn’t new.

Really, show us the law in Florida that requires all reporters to be registered with the state.

I will be happy to wait.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
The second Florida bill that I politely ask, how does this survive Constitutional scrutiny?

Forum List

Back