What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.

Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.In Virginia.....Hauled into district court and a tax lien placed on your property if you don't comply.....Can't say about FL.
This law apparently would require them to register with the "Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics". These are not the places where you go to register a business in Florida. The purpose is clear. It gives them legal standing to sue people out of existence who say the wrong thing.

This law apparently would require them to register with the "Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics". These are not the places where you go to register a business in Florida. The purpose is clear. It gives them legal standing to sue people out of existence who say the wrong thing.
You mean like slander?....Damn, that's gonna crimp your ilk's style sure enough.

That said folks should be held responsible for the words that come out of their mouth.....or keyboard as the case may be.

You mean like slander?....Damn, that's gonna crimp your ilk's style sure enough.

That said folks should be held responsible for the words that come out of their mouth.....or keyboard as the case may be.
If you actually thought that would you accept the same treatment in a blue state? What if California wanted all their online political detractors to voluntarily submit their names to an official enemies list? You would lose your fucking mind with rage. It's only because this will never pass constitutional muster that I am only mildly irritated.

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
Mandating vaccines isn’t? You’re hypocritical brainwashed idiots

Forum List

Back