What's new in Duhsantistan? Bloggers must register with the state

damn right they can, and it happens in every state for many different issues. Stay in your lane, turn your blinker on and move over.
Once again just because they can does not mean they have any business doing so

This effort to register people for speaking their mind is abominable and unjustifiable

A new bill proposed by a Republican State Senator in Florida would require anybody paid to write a blog that reports on a governmental figure in the state to be registered with the state and file information about their articles and compensation. Totally the type of thing that happens in a free society. Let me get this straight... republicans want to keep big business and wealthy donors to politicians veiled in secrecy, via Citizens United, but want to out the reporters the government feels are slanted? Something tells me Tucker Carlson wont be registering his nonsense. Florida to Russia "Hold my beer" while we turn the place into a toxic dump site of humanity.

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/...te-about-governor-to-register-with-the-state/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Sen. Jason Brodeur (R-Lake Mary) wants bloggers who write about Gov. Ron DeSantis, Attorney General Ashley Moody, and other members of the Florida executive cabinet or legislature to register with the state or face fines.

Brodeur’s proposal, Senate Bill 1316: Information Dissemination, would require any blogger writing about government officials to register with the Florida Office of Legislative Services or the Commission on Ethics.
Don't see this a very constitutional...

What would be fun if it got there, would to see what justification Clarence Thomas would use to vote yes...

Any asshole can hold themself out as a blogger, and most do!

I've had offers to blog based on my keen insight, but have always refused as I enjoy doing it for free at USMB!! (This also rhymes.).
Shit does that mean we all have to register in Florida if we mention the Florida Government?

We are technically all bloggers here...

Fq8GiSxWcAMClM2

Thats why citizens from so many blue states move here every day.
They're old and nasty, 99% of them that hate anything their children and grandchildren are doing in this country. Very ugly people. Florida is going to shit because of it. The old bastards would elect Hitler to have their way.

Forum List

Back