Whatever happened to Free Speech?

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Did it just disappear? Did they repeal the First Amendment without telling me? This guy should have free speech rights like all of us do.

---Days later, Hiestand left a voicemaifor the woman, used a racial epithet, and said he would give more money to the church if it did not employ an African American person---

Did it just disappear? Did they repeal the First Amendment without telling me? This guy should have free speech rights like all of us do.

---Days later, Hiestand left a voicemaifor the woman, used a racial epithet, and said he would give more money to the church if it did not employ an African American person---

I imagine its the threats that got him in trouble,,

“When Hiestand, a white man, went to a Billings church looking for help, an elderly African American woman who worked there responded with kindness and assistance," U.S. Attorney Laslovich said. "Hiestand launched a barrage of harassing hateful and racist calls and voicemails at her and the church. His racist conduct isn’t just abhorrent, it is illegal. We are better than this."

You actually wonder why he is being punished? Careful, your white robes are showing.

Who is getting locked up for saying what they want to say?

Thing is, we have the right to speak, but no one is obligated to listen.

Free Speech does not include threatening language.

How can you be an adult and not know this?

Who is getting locked up for saying what they want to say?

This guy.

Wanting to "make America great again" can be classified as a terrorist group by the FBI.

Granted it was in poor taste but still.

There are too many examples to give

Meanwhile people who call for Jews to be killed, saying America and white people are racist and need to be taken down, people that say whites should be killed, calling republicans terrorists and that they destroy democracy, parades of fags on video saying they are coming for children, publicly trying to normalize pedophiles and so on are not condemned nor arrested and actually encouraged.

This guy.

Wanting to "make America great again" can be classified as a terrorist group by the FBI.

Meanwhile people who call for Jews to be killed, saying America and white people are racist and need to be taken down, people that say whites should be killed, calling republicans terrorists and that they destroy democracy, parades of fags on video saying they are coming for children, publicly trying to normalize pedophiles and so on are not condemned nor arrested and actually encouraged.
The first one he got arrested, didn't get convicted... and he has legal recourse.

The second one is a valid threat. People are trying to make out it's an anti-Trump thing, but you have to remember that some people are dangerous. Timothy McVeigh springs to mind. He'd probably have ended up as a Trump supporter. A lot of those dangerous people are being watched by the FBI because they're dangerous, rather than because they're Trump supporters. It's not like the FBI is going after every Trump supporter, is it?

And the police in the US aren't that great. Better training might make things better. HOWEVER there's LEGAL RECOURSE. People who don't have freedom of speech are getting locked up in countries and don't get to defend themselves in court, don't get to have their story published online or in the media.

Free speech is alive and well – it’s also neither absolute nor unlimited.

In the first sentence it said

Montana man who repeatedly made racist and threatening calls to a church

Can I call churches and make threats?

Hiestand went to a church looking for a job and money. A Black woman who worked at the church gave him a gift card.

U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

"When Hiestand, a white man, went to a Billings church looking for help, an elderly African American woman who worked there responded with kindness and assistance," "Hiestand launched a barrage of harassing hateful and racist calls and voicemails at her and the church. His racist conduct isn’t just abhorrent, it is illegal. We are better than this."

Hey lenny, what is your mom's telephone number? I want to call her every day for a month and exercise my free speech. See how you like it. Will you defend me? Will you say I have free speech?

The irony........

This guy.

Your first one I will agree with you. Many, many many times the cops don't know what they are doing. They arrested this man when he had the right to be doing what he was doing. They make up rules and arrest people. Then you have to go pay a lawyer and go to court to prove the cop is an idiot. This happened to me before.

So on your first story, I will not disagree. That's a story about corrupt Georgia cops who abuse their power and don't know our rights.

In Blackshear, the city’s Police Chief Chris Wright issued Gray a criminal citation and told him that he had to have a permit for a "parade, procession, or demonstration" to hold his sign outside city hall, according to FIRE. Wright called it "kind of silly," but explained that in accordance with the city's ordinance, which FIRE said is nearly identical to a law struck down by the Supreme Court in 1969, Gray would have to send a letter to the mayor and city council explaining the purpose of his demonstration and obtain official approval to do so.

FIRE also sent a letter to Blackshear's mayor explaining that the lawsuit intends to bring an end to the city’s permission-to-speak ordinance.

"Speaking out in public areas is a core First Amendment right, whether government officials recognize it or not. If our cities won’t teach officers to do their job properly, FIRE will."

you don't have a clue as to the 1st. LOL go cry by yourself

Forum List

Back