What Would You Say If You Were Over 60 ?

Thought experiment:

If you were 60, what would you do in the face of this crisis ?

I would:

1. Tell the country to go back to work.
2. Help me isolate myself by using common sense.
3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
4. I would not want people in my home unless necessary.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.
Ewww, 60?

Who cares what old people think (If they are not wealthy)....they are too busy watching Matlock...

By the age of 60, you lived a good life -- you shouldn't be so selfish as to hurt the rest of the country just because you are afraid of a cold....

Did you read the OP...what you quoted.

What did number 1 say ?

2 and 3 are not that hard. You certainly would not want them all living together. Keep them home and keep them protected. Don't do stupid stuff.
Protected from what?? 60 yr old folks have jobs too.....why should they be forced to not work and lose income behind a cold?

More people die from car accidents -- but we still drive.....just because a hand full of people will die from a virus doesn't mean we need to panic......

at the end of the day, old people die...that is what they do anyway...

Thought experiment:

I would:

3. I would not go shopping. I'd ask someone to do it for me....maybe using gloves.
5. I would get outside as much as possible and breath fresh air (unless I lived in L.A.).

What would you do.
I'll be 64 in April. I want this country back to full work. fk all of the global warmist demofks that think they have the ownership of shame. shame on you. you are gaslighters. to all demofks, kiss my white mthr fking ass.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I'm 59 years old and I have no fear of shopping or doing things I NEED to do.

O.K.

Thanks.

But, my point is....you could do some things to protect yourself if you were concerned.

What would that be ?

I would self isolate.

I'd make sure my water was good.

But I'd damn sure tell Trump to put the country to work.

If I lived in NYCity, I'd get tested and get the fuck out ASAP if I was negative.
I always do. I don't need a schmuck from DC to tell me how to use my hygiene. I find this shameful and unacceptable. But I can't do a fking thing but bitch about it. cause too many schmucks live near me.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
Ewww, 60?

Who cares what old people think (If they are not wealthy)....they are too busy watching Matlock...

By the age of 60, you lived a good life -- you shouldn't be so selfish as to hurt the rest of the country just because you are afraid of a cold....

Did you read the OP...what you quoted.

What did number 1 say ?

2 and 3 are not that hard. You certainly would not want them all living together. Keep them home and keep them protected. Don't do stupid stuff.
Protected from what?? 60 yr old folks have jobs too.....why should they be forced to not work and lose income behind a cold?

More people die from car accidents -- but we still drive.....just because a hand full of people will die from a virus doesn't mean we need to panic......

at the end of the day, old people die...that is what they do anyway...

What are you arguing for.

I am saying:

1. Stop the shutdown so people can work. Even then, precautions can be taken.
2. Focus on the vulnerable. If they have jobs but are high risk...that is where we put the aid (not everybody).
3. And yes, people will continue to die.

I think I am saying this "panic" needs to be cautious than fearful.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I'd say you should learn who the virus affects

Im over 60 and I take life as it comes. I was having a good weekend going out on the boat, doing some fishing in the ocean , you know self isolating in the sun until the idiot mayor of Miami closed the boat ramps and marinas in the county. His excuse was that he was trying to stop the partying on the sandbars. Now the is cuban ad thinks he is Fidel, so instead of having the police go out and breakup the party, he punishes everyone with a boat. I guess punishing all for the acts of a few is the communist way.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

I'm limiting my actions outside the house to only that which is necessary. I want to do my part to be respectful and help the economy, even as I just want to go about a normal life. I am thinking of others who are now over 60, and, being under 60 is a guarantee anyways. Though, odds are on your side.

If I were over 60, I would take it more seriously, but, I really wouldn't change that much as I'm not going out to parties or lining up for things as some are right now in Toronto. We had people lining up for video games and now others lining up for the beer stores, which are staying open as they are "essential services" apparently.

I can't live in fear, but, caution and respect of minimizing risk is important. Outside of the fact it is extremely contagious and particularly harmful to those with underlying health conditions, this really just seems to be a very strong flu. As we all know, even the common cold kills many each year.
even though it doesn't matter. you are yet another who believes you can control nature.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
no one knows. otherwise we wouldn't be in a lock down.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I would wonder if I would be left to die in pain, gasping for breath, because doctors refuse to treat anyone with the virus that is over 60 years old like Italy is doing.

We are entering the Soylent Green period.
That's the reality of this situation. If you don't have enough equipment to treat everyone who's sick, you have to make decisions about who to treat. Essentially, you have to decide who will live and who will die. We're going to get there soon enough. I just hope that I don't get denied a ventilator because some asshole who ignored the warnings and got sick is already using the only one that I might have gotten.

Yeppers, the Joy's of socialized medicine.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

with the exception of 2 outings to buy supplies I have self quarantined for the past 2 weeks.

Have enough supplies to last about 10 days

have generator with about 1 months supply of gas

Have BIG yard with woods behind it so we can go out and do stuff

live in BIG circle in neighborhood with about 20 houses, all with large yards and woods surround us

can walk around circle with dogs and take them to woods for their business

intend on making 1 trip per week for supplies
will always have; gloves, hand sanitizer, sanitized wipes when I go out and will use them on EVERYTHING

have large(100?) supply of dried habanero and ghost peppers, onions, garlic, chicken broth and intend on having super spicy vegetable chicken soup EVERY DAY for lunch and dinner to KILL VIRUS and give HEALTH BOOST! (don't know if it will kill any virus but it does give me a big energy/feel great boost)

not recommended for conservatives.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
Jesus people. This thing is just as dangerous to younger folks.

You people just do not get it

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

Just as dangerous to younger people as older people ?

Bullshit.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

When you want to contribute...please feel free to do so.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

with the exception of 2 outings to buy supplies I have self quarantined for the past 2 weeks.

Have enough supplies to last about 10 days

have generator with about 1 months supply of gas

Have BIG yard with woods behind it so we can go out and do stuff

live in BIG circle in neighborhood with about 20 houses, all with large yards and woods surround us

can walk around circle with dogs and take them to woods for their business

intend on making 1 trip per week for supplies
will always have; gloves, hand sanitizer, sanitized wipes when I go out and will use them on EVERYTHING

have large(100?) supply of dried habanero and ghost peppers, onions, garlic, chicken broth and intend on having super spicy vegetable chicken soup EVERY DAY for lunch and dinner to KILL VIRUS and give HEALTH BOOST! (don't know if it will kill any virus but it does give me a big energy/feel great boost)

not recommended for conservatives.
you're different than us how?

If I had the energy, I'd take the charts that are out there and pull NY/NJ out and see what they look like.

They'd be a whole lot different.

Spain had 385 people pass yesterday.

The total in the USA is 580+

Take NY out and it looks even worse.

Has someone talked to Spain about universal health care. Sounds like they could really use it [cough cough]

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.
I am over 60. I shall not comply, nor should you.

Thought experiment:

I would:

What would you do.

Just as dangerous to younger people as older people ?

Bullshit.
They may not die at quite the rate of older folks but they get seriously sick at almost the same rate. And many of them DO die

If I had the energy, I'd take the charts that are out there and pull NY/NJ out and see what they look like.

They'd be a whole lot different.

Spain had 385 people pass yesterday.

The total in the USA is 580+

Take NY out and it looks even worse.

Has someone talked to Spain about universal health care. Sounds like they could really use it [cough cough]
Take NY out?

Why because it's inconvenient to your bullshit?

I prefer a more natural/holistic approach to health and a belief in 'Let your food be your medicine and medicine be your food'.
good point>>>
alkaline-diet-plan-to-reduce-acidity-reflux-planet-ayurveda_542bd7fadc96c_w1500.jpg

~S~

Yep, healthy food with high nutritional values are highly important...….that also includes healthy animal fats as well. But that is still only a part of the picture. Mind, body and spirit all work together when it comes to overall health.

I want to commend your attitude and I'm very sorry for the illnesses and conditions you have suffered.

There are a LOT of people out there now all over the internet going wild saying they have this and that condition or disorder so everyone must do this or that to sustain their life.

Well.

That's only going to fly, ethically and morally, for so long and into so many venues. For example, giving up leisure activities such as concerts, beach trips and sporting events: absolutely. Giving up our jobs and livelihoods and crashing the economy--I'm not so sure. Please do not think I'm saying your life is meaningless or worthless. I'm just saying all these fragile or ill people saying "you're putting me at risk!" do not understand ALL the factors that go into complex societal decisions like this when they say this.

One last thing. Being inconvenienced to sustain life--maybe after this is over, we should revisit the discussion, and open up abortion again. Since we as a society have decided it's worthwhile to be inconvenienced to sustain life.

I'm not really sure just what you are trying to say...…...what I do for me, is just that. My choices for my life. But a healthy diet, fresh air, exercise, reduce stress, positive thinking and spiritual or belief system...….isn't going to hurt anyone. But I'm not trying to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't do. If you or anyone, doesn't agree or choose those things and prefer other methods and lifestyle......by all means. That's your choice.

No need to be sorry for me, I'm not.....whatever has ever happened to me, or even the choices I've made are a part of me & my life and who I am. I'm not fragile and for the most part not ill and I'm sure as hell not claiming anyone is putting me at risk of anything. I am at a higher risk because of past health issues, some were contributed by my own choices, but I'm not blaming anyone else. Knowing my risks, I already take measures to keep me safe, long before this outbreak. It's become a part of my life, so I don't really have to change anything just because of this or any virus. Other than maybe curtail a few unnecessary trips in public. Which now that Washington state has the stay at home order, isn't going to be too hard to do. I don't normally galivant around town or elsewhere anyway.

This thread is about 'what would you say if you were over 60' and it went on to include what you'd do or do differently because of Covid19...or maybe I should say 'my understanding' of the progression of the thread topic. And I, like many others included their input...of what THEY would do or say.

So where's your's??? This isn't about abortion, so maybe you are in the wrong thread???

….and NO I'm not trying to pick a fight here just trying to clarify any possible misunderstandings.

I would think the point would be to stop the spread of the virus......so everything can get back to 'normal'. Unfortunately about the only way to do that would be to shut everything down and people in their homes for 2 weeks to get this under control...….instead of tip toeing around it, while it continues to spread, the situation continues to get worse, jobs, economy and the people continue to decline and it gets further out of control.

I'm 60, disabled, and high risk...….was born with under developed lungs, have smoked for 48 years, as a kid had chronic bronchitis, double walking pneumonia and other similar health issues......not to mention degenerative bone disease, especially in my lumbar and a Triple Negative Breast cancer survivor........but other than all that I'm fine. Though I am having allergy issues with sinus's and runny nose.

I'm not worried about this virus anymore than any other virus or flu. I've never had a flu shot because I don't see the point of getting one that may not stop me from catching it anyway. Those vaccines are produced and ready for market on the assumption it will help whatever strain actually hits that year, long before an outbreak actually occurs. Like a few years ago, flu shots were being given out, but the strain that actually hit was totally different and the shots were ineffective...…..and it would take over a year to produce the correct vaccine for that strain, which would be too late. Sorry, but I'm not a pin cushion for pharma profits.

Now....having said all that? Knowing my risks with any contagion whether it be Covid this year, or any flu any year AND because of having been a caregiver, it's automatic for me to wash my hands and other similar precautions to avoid spreading germs. I prefer a more natural/holistic approach to health and a belief in 'Let your food be your medicine and medicine be your food'. Spring is here with summer right around the corner, and I'd rather spend my time outside than indoors anyday….weather permitting and sometimes that doesn't stop me either.

If I do catch this Covid, I doubt I'll know it, cause I rarely go to the Dr and I'll do what I normally would when sick. If all that fails, whether I live or die, is not my call and if I do die, then it will be my time to do so.

So in other words...…what would I do? or what would I do differently??? Not a damn thing really

You sound at high risk and it seems our resources should be pointed at preventing you from catching it.

My 30 year old neighbors should be working to support their kids.

We can both protect you and let them work.

Of course I'm high risk...….EVERY YEAR AND EVERY VIRUS......not just this one. What I was trying to convey was that I already know my risks and already take measures to prevent catching whatever is out there. So I won't be doing much, if anything differently with Covid vs any other strain of contagion.
I figure I'll be ok and if not, I've made my peace with that as well.

BUT in order to get the youngins back to work and life back to whatever normal is...….I think we probably should just bite the bullet so to speak and shut down for a couple weeks to get ahead and in control of this...….so life can get back to normal sooner, than keep dragging our butts about it letting the virus spread further. IOW, life goes back to normal, kids back to school & work in 2 weeks and it's done......OR keep lagging and drag it out for months......see what I'm saying???

Forum List

Back