What would you do if your child told you

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Did he die of AIDS related illness?

Nah....he died of something called GRID (at the time).....and a broken heart because the heartless bastards in our family wouldn't accept him.

:eusa_eh:

/sarcasm

Thanks for the condolences., btw. He died in 1994.

I'd tell him I love him no matter what. And I'd be sad that his life will be harder and that there would be morons who don't want him to marry whom he loves.

FWIW, my son has a friend (from way back in day care... pre-K... and who he's stil friends with) who told his mother when he was 4 that he was going to marry a man. My friend said to her son, "but that would mean you wouldn't have kids". His response to her was "eh... there are lots of men and women who get married and don't have kids". She couldn't argue with the logic and that was pretty much the end of the convo...

when he pointed out nice looking boys to my husband, my son just thought it strange, but it pretty much doesn't phase any of us.

so if you don't know your kid is gay, I'm guessing you aren't really paying attention.

only a brain dead bigot thinks it's their choice.

if you are assigning sexuality to your 4 y.o. child you have issues.

My 4 y.o. son wanted to marry his sister and me. Does that mean he'll commit incest when he's older? HELL NO. I told him "you can't marry sissy or me...you get to marry someone else and bring HER into our family, make our family bigger. And we'll still be your sissy & mommy."

He went through a phase (at least 2 of my 3 boys did) when he was little, right around the same age, maybe even early 5, when he would say things like "I'm going to marry ****!" This is an older boy they idolize.

I just told them, no, you can be friends with **** but you can't marry him, and you have lots and LOTS of time before you need to worry about that because WE FINISH COLLEGE BEFORE WE GET MARRIED."

Until then, **** is your friend!

Why would spanking a child for exibiting homo behavior be wrong?

If you caught your child playing with matches in his bedroom.

He would be punished.

Correct?

That's what parents do.

Parents modify childrens behavior according to what they feel is socially acceptable.

So what would be wrong with punishing homo behavior in your child?

If you felt that homosexuality was wrong and perverted.
A light bulb went off in my head. A guy I grew up with, who is gay, was spanked by his father ALL THE TIME. His dad was a big tough guy cop and a total jerk. :eusa_eh:

Finally, an admission that homos are made, not born.

Thank you, Ravi.

Anyone else?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Why would spanking a child for exibiting homo behavior be wrong?

If you caught your child playing with matches in his bedroom.

He would be punished.

Correct?

That's what parents do.

Parents modify childrens behavior according to what they feel is socially acceptable.

So what would be wrong with punishing homo behavior in your child?

If you felt that homosexuality was wrong and perverted.
A light bulb went off in my head. A guy I grew up with, who is gay, was spanked by his father ALL THE TIME. His dad was a big tough guy cop and a total jerk. :eusa_eh:

Thank you, Ravi.

Anyone else?
:lol: Just messing with Sunnis mind. If my friend was born gay or not is besides the point...the spankings didn't stop him from being gay.

Thank you, Ravi.

Anyone else?
:lol: Just messing with Sunnis mind. If my friend was born gay or not is besides the point...the spankings didn't stop him from being gay.

Okie dokey then.

A slim argument. Could it be said that being Black, yet another immutable condition, was/is a civilly punishable offense? And yet who would deny the existence of racism?

And racists used the cover of the Bible to practice that hatred.

You brought up the Biblical reference, and now you hide behind civil law.

Please clarify.

Your Fantasy Base just keeps growing. There is One Race, The Human Race, We are All Related. Humans practice Hatred, You imply that hatred is exclusive to specific groups and that is false. The same holds true with prejudice. Your Whole argument is based on throwing stones at others, speaking of things generally beyond your understanding.
Any Being is capable of using almost any writing in an attempt to justify Their position, that does not make it true. I brought up a Biblical Reference to make a point, the Post speaks for itself. I stand accused of hiding behind Civil Law. To what Purpose? Did you read the instructions on the NyQuil before you downed the bottle? Where does that even come from? Can You show where in The USA Today Anyone is Imprisoned or Their Property confiscated because of the color of Their Skin? How do You get off comparing Us to the Taliban, who would probably kill you for half of the crap you come off with?
I pointed out specificity vis-a-vis homophobia and Social Conservatism.

I further referenced Social Conservatism's penchant for using Biblical references to defend their homophobia.

Just as the Taliban uses Islamic references to defend their peculiar hatreds.

Now that is an improvement. My particular reference was to show that Beliefs go back farther than the 1940's, in reference to another post. I was also pointing out a Biblical perception as to the origins of Homosexuality, an Opinion of Paul's, as depicted in "Romans Chapter 1". These teachings were around long before Homosexuality became so Openly Popular in the Western World, I suspect that it has been around from before Noah's Flood, yet in most Cultures, shunned.

In Modern day, Societies acceptance of the Practice is much more tolerant than in the Past, and that is a Good thing, because Equal Justice demands Just Protection against, Crime, Hostility, and Abuse. Human Beings are Entitled to Unalienable Rights, Regardless of Sexual Preference, Faith, Ethnicity, or Citizenship. We Punish Crime and Intervene more often than not.

Tolerance of the Homosexual Life Style should not be confused with Condoning it. We All have a Right to Believe, Everyone, on All sides of the Issue. To not respect Another's Right to believe What They do, shows Ignorance. Our's is to convince through Reason, the merits of Argument, and to validate Concerns. That is more the Path to Mutual Understanding and Respect. There is another effect, and that is time. 100 or 200 years ago, We would not be having this conversation. Imagine what the future will bring.

The Taliban uses Islamic References to Defend Hatred, to Kill, to Murder, to Fuel World War. The Islamic State Lives to Conquer and Dominate, and Rule. Until that is Addressed and Remedied, from Within, It will continue to remain A Threat. The Comparison is a Poor one.

When parents are in the birthing room and the beautiful new baby is put into their arms.

They are smiling and lovingly looking at this little infant

As they ponder their childs future life.

They have dreams the child will carry on the family name and acheive great things in life.

Dreams of him being a famous doctor, lawyer, writer, movie star, scholar, many wonderful things.

But I can't imagine any parent lovingly looking at their new baby and saying:

"I hope he grows up to become a fudge packing sodomite"

That first breath? It wasn't for YOU. If you thought it was, then you have no business reproducing. YOU should have lived your dreams. Our children have lives and dreams of their own to lead.

If we love our children, then those who they love, and who love them, also become our children. It isn't nearly so complicated as its made out to be.

And increasingly, many young straight people. Victims of "abstinance only".

How can you be a victim if you practice abstinance?

Grasshoppa displays ignorance well.

HIV/AIDS is not spread ONLY by sexual contact.

Read up. You might learn something. Doh!!! :lol:

True. True also that bad Government Policy caused the Nations Blood Supply to get Contaminated. There is no excuse for that either. The dirty little secret from 25 years ago.

It seemed an endless wait between the test and the medical report. Weeks crept by before David knew if he had tested positive for AIDS antibodies. A dark cloud hung over him. By 1985 hemophiliacs across the U.S. -- including David -- wanted to know if they had been exposed to the deadly disease. As he waited, his thoughts wandered back to the difficult year of 1981. He had spent a lot of time in the hospital with internal bleeding (the common plight of hemophiliacs, whose blood is missing a key ingredient to cause clotting) He was given more than 50 transfusions. Through this blood supply, he had probably been exposed -- unknown to himself and medical workers -- to the AIDS virus.

When his doctor revealed his test results he learned that the report was negative. No antibodies were present, indicating that he had not been exposed to the virus. David continues to be tested voluntarily every six months, but for the present, he believes that only God could have delivered him from it. Most of his hemophilic friends are not so fortunate. About 90 per centof severe hemophiliacs have been exposed to the AIDS virus. Perhaps as many as 50 per cent of these will contract the disease.

Today relatively few hemophiliacs actually have AIDS -- comprising only about 2 percent of AIDS sufferers. Still, the epidemic has rocked this community like an earthquake. After so many years of being stigmatized as "bleeders." hemophiliacs were just beginning to conquer their troubles through advanced treatment. Now AIDS has brought them another nightmare which will haunt them in the years ahead.

Hemophiliacs and AIDS: Contracting a Killer

I would urge him to move next to Sunni Man just to piss him off

Forum List

Back