What would jesus do about illegal aliens?

WhatTheHell2

Aug 18, 2008
WHAT WOULD JESUS DO ABOUT ILLEGAL ALIENS?

He would admonish them. Advocates and churches who are confused in the sanctuary laws instituted by GOD for murderers and do not apply today, to respect and obey our immigration laws, Superior Authorities, (government) that stand in place by him and pay their taxes just as he did. Superior Authorities exist because he allows them to exist and immigration laws do not conflict with his laws.
Our leaders are just like the Pharisees. Hypocrites.

SUPERIOR AUTHORITIES.

Rom 13;17….let every soul be in subjection to superior authorities.
Titus 3;1..be obedient to government and authorities as rulers.
Luke 2;1-5…a decree went forth from Caesar for all the inhabited earth to be registered…
Acts 24;16…I am exercising myself continually …of committing no offense to GOD and men. (they are breaking our laws and GOD’s laws.)
Rom 13;2-4…”he who opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of GOD…those who have taken a stand against it will receive judgment..if you are doing what is bad, be in fear.
Christians who subject themselves to proper authority of political government receive benefits….Rom 13;3,4….1Pet 2;12-14.

BOUNDARIES
Boundaries (borders) Boundaries were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason. Gen 4;10,11....3;23,24... Gen 15;18-21. Ex 23;31..... To Abraham and his seed God promised a certain land with definitely stated boundaries. Gen 15;13-16.....would enforce an eviction decree when “the error of the Amorites” came to its completion. Deut 2;4,5,18,19....Jehovah God also decreed that the Israelites would not encrouch on the boundaries of the nations of Edom, .... Deut 32;8....when the Most High gave the nations an inheritance, when he parted the sons of Adam from one another, he proceeded to fix the boundary of the people with regard for the number of the sons of Israel.” Eph 2;12-16....Under penalty of death, Gentiles were prohibited beyond that boundary, such wall serving the apostle as an apt illustration of the division created by the Law covenant. Isa 54;l14,15...60;18..Co 3;16,17.

TAXES

Both Jesus and the apostle Paul showed that I was proper to pay taxes to “Caesar”or the Superior Authorities. Matt 22;17-21.

Mentally retarded super patriotic american clown of the US Message Board:

If "boundaries were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason" California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona would be MEXICAN TERRITORY now!!!!

According to fundamentalist nuts like Whatthehell he'd say they're already in Mexico.

José;2298282 said:

If "boundaries were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason" California, Texas, New Mexico and Arizona would be MEXICAN TERRITORY now!!!!

There are so many things wrong with the OP, I just don't know where to begin. Other than the fact this EXACT post had hit in various other message boards(didn't know which to respond to first), I have issues with people using Christianity and the Bible(or any other religion/book) like a buffet line where they pick and choose various passages to suit there own twisted agendas.
I completely understand the issues with illegal immigration just find another way to prove or voice your concerns.
And as an afterthought;
Leviticus (19:33-4):"And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself."

Originally posted by Nate
There are so many things wrong with the OP, I just don't know where to begin. Other than the fact this EXACT post had hit in various other message boards(didn't know which to respond to first), I have issues with people using Christianity and the Bible(or any other religion/book) like a buffet line where they pick and choose various passages to suit there own twisted agendas.
I completely understand the issues with illegal immigration just find another way to prove or voice your concerns.
And as an afterthought;
Quote:
Leviticus (19:33-4):"And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself."

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

The fact that so many people can't even realise the overt, blatant contradiction between that biblical passage and the point they are trying to make is far beyond my comprehension powers and will remain so forever, Nate : )

The Bible is quite clear.

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

The Bible is quite clear.

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

Out of all the books to quote in the bible, you had to pick one that more than likely was written by Paul(Saul)!
Some consider Tertius to have composed Romans in
accordance with Paul's instruction (Romans 16:22),
however it is more probable that Tertius was Paul's
secretary who either wrote the letter in long-hand from
Paul's dictation, or who first took Paul's letter in
shorthand and then wrote it out in long hand with
Paul's final approval6

I posted this in another thread but I think it fits rather well in this one as well now;
Yeah but Paul(Saul) was about as shifty as they got. He wanted the Jews and Gentiles to convert no matter what it took;

Quote:
Corinthians 8:19-23:
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Pauline Christianity
His ideals may have been selfless but his methods were rather twisted

Quote:
Paul was also heavily influenced by the Hellenistic Mystery Religions. These religions were well known to the gentiles he was attempting to convert, and in his willingness to change his message to suit his audience, he re-characterized the Yeshua he never knew to fit the Hellenistic religions. Central to them were the violent deaths of Osiris, Attis, Adonis, and Dionysus that brought eternal life to their initiates. Paul added the interpretation of Yeshua's mission as being killed to save humankind.
Pauline Christianity
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/116601-roman-catholic-2.html

He was willing to cater to anyone anyway possible to fit his agenda especially The Romans.

José;2298282 said:

And as an afterthought;

I don't agree with the OP, but as far as I am concerned he did a decent job of laying out his reasons for believing as he does.

I have issues with people using Christianity and the Bible(or any other religion/book) like a buffet line where they pick and choose various passages to suit there own twisted agendas.

I don't see him as having chose various passages to suit his needs. Did he rewrite or interpret the passages or simply use them as proof text?

Is there anything wrong with using the Bible or another religious book to make one's point especially when the point is how a religious figure (in this case the one about whom that particular book was written) would act under a given situation?

Personally, I think Jesus would treat illegal aliens no different than he treats me or he treated the adulteress that was to be stoned. Another thing, to be quite frank, I would rather be in the shoes of the illegal aliens than in the shoes of those who think that they are "more righteous" than any other human being including illegal aliens.

Immie

José;2298282 said:

Native American Granny, to you, Jose.

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Jose. $13 million for a worthless barren piece of land in 1848. Let's see. Now it would be worth more than Mexico is worth. :clap2:
Who's the retard?:lol:

The contradiction between that biblical passage and what he was trying to say is so obvious that further explanations are not needed.

If "borders were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason" Americans and America violated God's law by immigrating illegally and later annexing Mexico's northern provinces.

And since they "were set in place by God from the beginning of time and for a reason" Mexicans living in the Southwest are acting in accordance with God's law by residing within Mexico's "divinely established" borders.

Exactly the opposite of what the author of the op intended to prove. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
There is no connection between immigration and religion!

Hmm, what would the other religious leader types do?

Muhammad - "Blow up the infidels!!"
Ghandi - "Give me a hug and you can stay"
Buddha - "Submit yourself to me and you can stay"
Jesus - "Everyone should love thy neighbor, now wash my feet!"
Pope - "What! You come here with no money to give to my church! Go away!"
Ron Hubbard - "I'm with the Pope! No money, no enter!"
Joseph Smith Jr - "You can stay, just stay out of my church, you unclean non-mormon!"

This thread is pointless!
:lol:

Originally posted by Granny
Native American Granny, to you, Jose.

The Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, Jose. $13 million for a worthless barren piece of land in 1848. Let's see. Now it would be worth more than Mexico is worth.
Who's the retard?

Granny, Granny...

Out of all the people in the world you should understand the way America "bought" half of Mexico...

The same way they "bought" the rest of the country from "your people".... They occupied your land (and Mexico), put a gun to your head and made you sign a document "selling" your land for peanuts making clear they would just invade it if you didn't...

Last edited:
José;2298282 said:

And as an afterthought;

I don't agree with the OP, but as far as I am concerned he did a decent job of laying out his reasons for believing as he does.

I have issues with people using Christianity and the Bible(or any other religion/book) like a buffet line where they pick and choose various passages to suit there own twisted agendas.

I don't see him as having chose various passages to suit his needs. Did he rewrite or interpret the passages or simply use them as proof text?

Is there anything wrong with using the Bible or another religious book to make one's point especially when the point is how a religious figure (in this case the one about whom that particular book was written) would act under a given situation?

Personally, I think Jesus would treat illegal aliens no different than he treats me or he treated the adulteress that was to be stoned. Another thing, to be quite frank, I would rather be in the shoes of the illegal aliens than in the shoes of those who think that they are "more righteous" than any other human being including illegal aliens.

Immie

You are right Immie the passages he quoted out of the bible were not altered in any way and i may have been too harsh initially on the OP, it has always been interesting to me how one person can read the passages in the bible and come up with completely different conclusions on why or it was written. For example if you were to take the complete Romans 13 passage(which is used multiple times in the OP) you will see that "Love thy Neighbor" and "Love one another" is in it multiple times. So it confused me that it would be used to demonize illegal immigrants;

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself
13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Damn, that many verses from the bible will probably send this thread to the Religion section...

Joseph Smith Jr - "You can stay, just stay out of my church, you unclean non-mormon!"

Posts like this prove that the country hasn't been totally idiotised by the seemingly endless barrage of mindless patriotic drivel produced by the likes of whathehell, at least, not yet...

And as an afterthought;

Immie

You are right Immie the passages he quoted out of the bible were not altered in any way and i may have been too harsh initially on the OP, it has always been interesting to me how one person can read the passages in the bible and come up with completely different conclusions on why or it was written. For example if you were to take the complete Romans 13 passage(which is used multiple times in the OP) you will see that "Love thy Neighbor" and "Love one another" is in it multiple times. So it confused me that it would be used to demonize illegal immigrants;

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself
13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Damn, that many verses from the bible will probably send this thread to the Religion section...

Like I said, I don't agree with his conclusion.

I think if the question were presented to Jesus, he would have done something similar to what he did when asked about whether or not one should pay taxes. I do not believe that he would condemn the illegal alien. He might tell them to go back to Mexico and apply for legal entry, but even that is not certain. He might also tell those who brought the question up that they were a brood of vipers and that they should leave the poor alone and maybe even feed them? /gasp

Immie

Still waiting for whatthehell or any other member who agrees with the babble he wrote to explain how Americans and America didn't violate "God's law" by immigrating illegally and annexing half of that country by brute force respectively...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

José;2298592 said:

Posts like this prove that the country hasn't been totally idiotised by the seemingly endless barrage of mindless patriotic drivel produced by the likes of whathehell, at least, not yet...

Hope you enjoyed it, Jose. Though, I have to tell you, I normally disagree with almost all of your posts. But religion and immigration, that is to far a stretch.

If I shared whatthehell's insane religious beliefs I would argue that both Mexico and the US violated those divine laws even if we take into consideration that the land Spain and Mexico stole from the Indians didn't have "borders" as we now understand them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back