What Were We Fighting For?

It's saddening to know that our president thinks so little of our men and women, to end a war prematurely

So, because he didn't want to keep US men and women in a hostile foreign country, he doesn't respect US troops? We've been in Iraq for 10 years; we spent untold amounts of money; lost good men and women; destroyed Iraqi men, women, children, their cities, their way of life. All for what? Where was the smoking gun? Obama did what the American people elected him to do - get the fuck out of there. And he followed the timeline that Bush - the asshole who got us into this mess - laid out. What more do you expect? What have YOU done?

How would you feel if in a game you were taken out while your opponent made up the advantage and beat you anyway? How would you feel if you built a house, only to be made to destroy it after not setting one foot in it? I have a unique perspective on this issue that you do not. I live in a military family, and I understand their sacrifice far better than you liberal blowhards ever will.

Being from a military family doesn't give your opinion more credence.

Which game have you been playing for the last ten years? You certainly weren't in Iraq. So, before you call me a blowhard, put your money where your mouth is, get off of your grandmother's couch, and go make the sacrifice that you're willing to make in a country that doesn't want us there, for a nation that doesn't want to be there.

Karmac, I have read that you like your guns and you've got lot of nerve. Get your fucking ass over to Iraq and show everybody that YOU are willing to put your life on the line for a bunch of Iraqis.

If you won't do that (which you won't) shut the fuck up about wanting to get more Americans killed for nothing.

Yes, I've noticed how easy it is for some to play John Wayne from the safety of mommy's basement. Lucky for them, worshiping guns, like some do, is as close as they'll ever get to the real thing.

So, because he didn't want to keep US men and women in a hostile foreign country, he doesn't respect US troops? We've been in Iraq for 10 years; we spent untold amounts of money; lost good men and women; destroyed Iraqi men, women, children, their cities, their way of life. All for what? Where was the smoking gun? Obama did what the American people elected him to do - get the fuck out of there. And he followed the timeline that Bush - the asshole who got us into this mess - laid out. What more do you expect? What have YOU done?

How would you feel if in a game you were taken out while your opponent made up the advantage and beat you anyway? How would you feel if you built a house, only to be made to destroy it after not setting one foot in it? I have a unique perspective on this issue that you do not. I live in a military family, and I understand their sacrifice far better than you liberal blowhards ever will.

Which game have you been playing for the last ten years? You certainly weren't in Iraq. So, before you call me a blowhard, put your money where your mouth is, get off of your grandmother's couch, and go make the sacrifice that you're willing to make in a country that doesn't want us there, for a nation that doesn't want to be there.

I'm still waiting for them to treat us as liberators

I'm still waiting for them to treat us as liberators

The Iraqis were against us being there before they were for us being there. Or something like that.

What were we fighting for? Nothing it seems, nothing but the political gains of one man.

This is the only thing you got right in your rant.

All those hundreds of thousands of ruined lives, a completely ruined country and billions of debt were nothing but a monument to the ego of George W. Bush and his frantic need to prove to daddy that he has balls.

He failed.

Oh yeah, and to line the pockets of war profiteers like the dick who was veep.

What were we fighting for? Nothing it seems, nothing but the political gains of one man.

All those hundreds of thousands of ruined lives, a completely ruined country and billions of debt were nothing but a monument to the ego of George W. Bush and his frantic need to prove to daddy that he has balls.

He failed.

OMG, your hate of Bush has destroyed what few working brain cells you ever had.

Last edited:

Whoa whoa...those actions would only be taken by someone who isnt full of shit. That doesnt apply to TamponKotex. He's full of shit and proud of it

Most sane people would not expect someone like you to understand.

I couldn't help but remember back in 2004 during the thick of the Iraq War, how our men and women fought hard and paid for every inch of ground they took with their life's blood. Today, 10 years later, in Ramadi and Fallujah, places where the fighting was the fiercest and where the most of our troops died, the terrorist group Al Qaeda, that Obama claimed had been "decimated" and put "on the run" has retaken those places with little resistance. Their flags now fly over those cities once again. In Robert Gates' new book Duty, he recalls how Obama's decisions regarding the war were purely political. He recalls a particular disdain for the military in general which exuded from the President. This all leads me to ask, what were we fighting for? Was Obama pulling out of Iraq purely indeed motivated by politics? Did he care that one day that such a pullout would create a power vacuum there? Did he realize he was relinquishing all that our troops fought for back to the enemy?

What were we fighting for? What on Earth were we doing there, if not to win? It's saddening to know that our president thinks so little of our men and women, to end a war prematurely and give up everything they fought hard and died for, simply to put himself in a better political position to trounce his rivals. Why did he have military advisers if he was simply going to ignore them as he did Mr. Gates? I fail to understand how a man can have simply no commitment to the efforts his men and women in uniform are putting in overseas. I'm a Libertarian, and I don't take too kindly to foreign intervention in the first place. But I was also taught as a boy, "If you start a fight son, you finish it."

What were we fighting for? Nothing it seems, nothing but the political gains of one man. My Father fought in the first Iraq war, and I can tell you the he is none too happy to see what he fought for, risked life and limb for--- gone; taken back by the enemy. What were we really fighting for? You tell me.

Didn't the previous administration,the one you think of so highly, tell the country the war would be paid for with oil profits from Iraq?

He failed.

OMG, your hate of Bush has destroyed what few working brain cells you ever had.

None of that matters. You send a man or woman out to die and for what? Oh, nevermind.

The deaths of some people is not proper justification for the deaths of more people. How many more people were you willing to have killed or maimed, how many families destroyed on the basis of justifying a war that was wrong to begin with? When people are needlessly being killed it makes no sense to send more people to be needlessly killed in an effort to justify the earlier deaths.

Well, I've seen what effect it's had on my father firsthand. I think it's done as much destruction to him as the war has done to them. If you were paying attention, we were actively training Iraqis to maintain their own security. We were well on our way to giving their country back to them, no more bloodshed needed to take place, Kevin. But this is what happens when you pull out prematurely. Sigh, all of this hyperbole.

I wish someone had talked to your dad about pulling out prematurely.

We should have stayed even after Iraq told us to get out. I mean who the fk gave them a vote in this anyway?! And our men should be in Falluja today seperating the two tribes. They'd be showering us with flowers. If only we'd have stayed the course.

I weep.

The deaths of some people is not proper justification for the deaths of more people. How many more people were you willing to have killed or maimed, how many families destroyed on the basis of justifying a war that was wrong to begin with? When people are needlessly being killed it makes no sense to send more people to be needlessly killed in an effort to justify the earlier deaths.

Well, I've seen what effect it's had on my father firsthand. I think it's done as much destruction to him as the war has done to them. If you were paying attention, we were actively training Iraqis to maintain their own security. We were well on our way to giving their country back to them, no more bloodshed needed to take place, Kevin. But this is what happens when you pull out prematurely. Sigh, all of this hyperbole.

I wish someone had talked to your dad about pulling out prematurely.

[ame=http://youtu.be/gkU46FgMe7E]Little Caesars Commercial "She Told You" - YouTube[/ame]

Very good question...

What the hell were we fighting for in Iraq?

The idea was to turn Iraq into a some sort of liberal democracy, so it will become a shining beacon of hope to the other Arab states.

Even if that idea had some merit, the execution was terrible.

Forum List

Back