Zone1 What was the point of asking for the sacrifice of Isaac by his Father? Gen. 22

were the latter true, why would not the former be completed as well.

how is taking the life of someone else the means for proving their belief, as their refusal and offering themselves surly would be more appropriate, their denial for such a request being steadfast for whatever the consequence would prove the stronger response.

or - an explanation for the request for future prosperity, the sin of hereditary idolatry for any reason throughout the centuries used for the most debilitating of crimes being their objective. family values as the political version of present day political pandering and religious iniquity.
I've already answered the question. This was a similitude of the sacrifice of the Father's only begotten Son that would take place later in the future for Abraham.

Abraham did not know that God wouldn't let him kill Issac, thus my post is fact.
That wasn't why I responded. It was the other ridiculous comment about if he was killed, Isaac would be restored to the living like Lazarath was. There is no indication of this being true and is silly since the purpose to to see how Abraham would react. There was never any intention of the Father to go through with it.

Well, not exactly. His faith waivered. Because of his sin we have the Arab problem.

What utter nonsense. Abraham had Ishmael and six other sons by his Arab wife Keturah.

Do you support illegal immigration...or just illegal immigration to Palestine?

I've already answered the question. This was a similitude of the sacrifice of the Father's only begotten Son that would take place later in the future for Abraham.

the heavens foresaw the hereditary idolatry of judaism and made the attempt to prevent their self perversion.

the heavens sacrificed no one, jesus and those others that gave their lives as the events of the 1st century is their message for the renunciation of the false religion of judaism and their erroneous personifications of the heavens they claim to posses - their lies and false commandments.

the heavens foresaw the hereditary idolatry of judaism and made the attempt to prevent their self perversion.

the heavens sacrificed no one, jesus and those others that gave their lives as the events of the 1st century is their message for the renunciation of the false religion of judaism and their erroneous personifications of the heavens they claim to posses - their lies and false commandments.
Now, Breeze on by cause no one cares what you think. Judaism came after Abraham. Judah is a son of Jacob (Israel). Go back to your hole.

Contemporaneously with the life of Abraham---child sacrifice was common in Canaan. The practice was confirmed thru archaeology. You need not resort to crystal ball conjecture

Contemporaneously with the life of Abraham---child sacrifice was common in Canaan. The practice was confirmed thru archaeology. You need not resort to crystal ball conjecture
Wasn’t with Abraham. He was a righteous man. And, like Democrats, they always screw other people. So, don’t go stating nonsense.

You missed THE POINT----again
I understood your point. Just because people sacrificed children doesn’t mean Abraham wanted to do so with Isaac. And, those who were doing so because of their idolatry were wicked. Abraham was not.

I understood your point. Just because people sacrificed children doesn’t mean Abraham wanted to do so with Isaac. And, those who were doing so because of their idolatry were wicked. Abraham was not.
the story is a parable for the TIMES---IM not so h. O

Most jews know what a "drash" is

the story is a parable for the TIMES---IM not so h. O
No it was not. Moses wrote about it when he received revelation concerning his ancestors. Abraham’s father wanted to kill Abraham. We know the evils of his time because the Lord gave Moses the ability to see the past and the future.
He saw in visions the similitude Abraham performed to teach the people their sins could be forgiven through atonement because of the future event of Jesus Christ.

That wasn't why I responded. It was the other ridiculous comment about if he was killed, Isaac would be restored to the living like Lazarath was. There is no indication of this being true and is silly since the purpose to to see how Abraham would react. There was never any intention of the Father to go through with it.
God made a covenant with Abraham, that his nation would come through Issac--Now do you understand? That would be impossible if Issac was dead.

God made a covenant with Abraham, that his nation would come through Issac--Now do you understand? That would be impossible if Issac was dead.
with modern technology---sperm can be harvested from A CORPSE!!!!!

But not because the Father would allow Isaac to be killed. It was a lesson for Abraham to know the anguish Father in Heaven will go through when his only begotten Son in the flesh is crucified. He was never going to let Abraham kill Isaac. Good grief.

But not because the Father would allow Isaac to be killed. It was a lesson for Abraham to know the anguish Father in Heaven will go through when his only begotten Son in the flesh is crucified. He was never going to let Abraham kill Isaac. Good grief.

you fail to understand a life was taken, not the one made certain by the heavens - the episode is lost, like all the animals their book claims were put on the ark - they lose their attention span much like c-bear and make things up.

It was a test of obedience.

you fail to understand a life was taken, not the one made certain by the heavens - the episode is lost, like all the animals their book claims were put on the ark - they lose their attention span much like c-bear and make things up.
Why does an atheist think he can reason with a true believer in Christ? It’s you making things up because you have no clue about the things of God. I do.

It was a test of obedience.
That too. But much more. It was also a similitude of the Father and his only begotten Son in the flesh, Jesus Christ. You have no faith in Christ so you are clueless about this and refuse to learn.

That too. But much more. It was also a similitude of the Father and his only begotten Son in the flesh, Jesus Christ. You have no faith in Christ so you are clueless about this and refuse to learn.
this thread ^^^^ gets more and more amusing

Forum List

Back